[Vague Title]Dick Drew

How good a NFL QB is A.J. McCCarron?  NO ONE KNOWS.

What we do know is if you surround him with good football players and top notch coaching he can throw 58 TDs with 10 interceptions and win 2 National Championship in 2 years at Alabama.

How good a NFL QB can  Peterman become?  NO ONE KNOWS.

What we do know is his head coach thought enough of his ability to start him against arguably the best defense in the NFL.  He must have NFL talent.

My suggestion is to keep all our draft picks to use on surrounding McCarron with elite players while picking a QB in the later rounds.  Remember that the greatest QB that has ever lived was a 6th round pick who sat on the bench for 3 years.

Dick Drew?  wtf is happening around here

McCarron is so great that they had Dalton stinking up the field and yet there was never a QB controversy in Cinci.  Think about that for a second.  Also it came time for free agency and nobody wanted him so he signed on here as an afterthought making a minimal salary.  And now you want to sit out the best QB draft of the past decade because MAYBE our 5th round QB's MIGHT be good even though the likelihood of that is probably about 5% of a chance

Edited by kdiggz

13 minutes ago, Dick Drew said:

What we do know is if you surround him with good football players and top notch coaching he can throw 58 TDs with 10 interceptions and win 2 National Championship in 2 years at Alabama.

What we do know is his head coach thought enough of his ability to start him against arguably the best defense in the NFL.  He must have NFL talent.

My suggestion is to keep all our draft picks to use on surrounding McCarron with elite players while picking a QB in the later rounds.  Remember that the greatest QB that has ever lived was a 6th round pick who sat on the bench for 3 years.

Is that you again?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Dick Drew said:

Are you Steve Holt?

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Dick Drew said:

Welcome to the board.

i too go through times where I think they should replenish the roster. Not a bad thought at all.

• Like (+1) 1

No one knows, but they surely can make a reasoned hypothesis: he's not good enough. Peterman? His HC started him out of pure desperation. The chances weren't very good, but Taylor was on a 3 game skid of putrid. That 6th round " greatest QB" you are referring to? It must not be Tom Brady, as he was only a few games into his 2nd NFL season before being put in as starter due to injury. In short, the Bills are looking for a QB because they don't have one that's good enough. The one they traded to CLE wasn't either. 

Hello Dick.  I revised my response after reading a previous post of yours.  Next time put your topic in the subject line vs your name.  It is nice to have fans from all ages.

Edited by aceman_16
Softened response after calculating his age

22 minutes ago, Dick Drew said:

Who is the guy you think is the greatest QB?  The best QB I know of who was a 6th round pick won the Super Bowl in his 2nd season, after being on the bench his rookie year and very beginning of his 2nd year.