Bills better off waiting on qb?

Bfanlc

I said 30 minutes of good Football. I’m aware he got more than 30 minutes of playing time. I know you all know the difference between the teams and situations he played in before he played in the 2nd half vs UGA. 

There are only two true freshmen I’ve watched play in the last 10 years who I determined at that point in their careers had nfl potential. Andrew Luck and Jake Fromm.

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I said 30 minutes of good Football. I’m aware he got more than 30 minutes of playing time. I know you all know the difference between the teams and situations he played in before he played in the 2nd half vs UGA. 

There are only two true freshmen I’ve watched play in the last 10 years who I determined at that point in their careers had nfl potential. Andrew Luck and Jake Fromm.

True freshman that played a whole season is what you are getting at. Obviously Tua beat Fromm in those 30 min. You wouldn't draft a qb based on 30 minutes or even mop up duty. However the thread wasn't about that. It was about waiting to see. Imo....and I've watched all the qbs being drafted...Tua has a higher ceiling than them. My guess is if you put him vs them he'd out perform them as he already did Fromm. To me...drafting one if these qbs that are in the draft this year would be a waste of a pick. What is so special about them? Last year you could say wow Deshaun Watson he has it. Is Lamar Jackson or any of those guys that kind of special?

Of course a Gm can't think like that and kind of has to go make as good a pick as he can to please the fans. No Gm is going to say hey lets wait 3 years on the possibility a qb may eventually get drafted by their team. So more than likely Beane will draft a qb. Not one that I think will either make the team better or will be better than who we have. 

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

Sure. !@#$ it. Let’s wait another 22 years! To hell with this draft and our best chance in three and a half decades to land a blue chip QB.

Let’s keep our draft capital and address the !@#$ing guard position!

Guard? The last first round Guard we drafted was in 1995. The Bills draft 1st round defensive backs and running backs, not guards.

Tua looks as if he will be not good but great. Still, waiting for him is not the answer. Even if he turns out to be all world there is no guarantee that they will be in a position to draft him.

It would be a dream come true for me but the odds of Tua in Buffalo are slim at best and we MUST go and get a qb in this draft.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:45 PM, CountDorkula said:

but since he plays for Alabama, I'm sure we will have a certain poster here telling us how he is the reincarnation of Peyton Mannin, Tom Brady, Mike Vick, Aaron Rodgers and Jamarcus Russel combined. 

When I read this I wondered, "why such a nasty remark from such a good poster?"

Then I read  your location. :):):) 

It's all cool.

An interesting strategy would be to trade down and load up on talent this year. They can build quite a nucleus with all of their picks. If they give up 6 picks to move to 2 for a QB and they chose wrong, the franchise is hosed. I would be pleased if there is a guy they really like that will be available in the late first or early 2nd rd. This draft will define the team for many years to come.

Edited by Sky Diver
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

An interesting strategy would be to trade down and load up on talent this year. They can build quite a nucleus with all of their picks. If they give up 6 picks to move to 2 for a QB and they chose wrong, the franchise is hosed. I would be pleased if there is a guy they really like that will be available in the late first or early 2nd rd. This draft will define the team for many years to come.

I'm not a fan of Tago's -YET... But the more I look at the next draft's QB's, the more I see big-time potential... I really believe an upgraded roster WITHOUT an expensive draft pick at QB could set this team up for a decade... Good O-line... Solid, experienced weapons with an established run-game...  Put a kid like Brett Rypien, Malik Rosier, or Drew Lock behind that, and you could have something lethal to opposing defenses. 

On 4/22/2018 at 8:19 AM, Sky Diver said:

No.

17 hours ago, #34fan said:

I'm not a fan of Tago's -YET... But the more I look at the next draft's QB's, the more I see big-time potential... I really believe an upgraded roster WITHOUT an expensive draft pick at QB could set this team up for a decade... Good O-line... Solid, experienced weapons with an established run-game...  Put a kid like Brett Rypien, Malik Rosier, or Drew Lock behind that, and you could have something lethal to opposing defenses. 

no. this isn't 1980. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.