Richie Incognito Un-retires via Twitter?

Haven't seen this posted, but what exactly are the rules around someone firing retirement papers in the NFL, then changing their mind? 

Could see where players could do this all the time for the same reason people are thinking RI is doing it. Retire, team moves on, fills the spot money wise, than player comes back, but team doesn't have money available to keep him, so would be forced to release him.

Is there something that once a player files papers to retire, it's tough for him to change his mind.

4 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

He is, I follow him for the comment section. ? a lot of people saying he’ll be getting a memo for a random drug test soon along with someone asking if he is not human and a super alien serpent race then why does he get injured so much. 

Just like football is not a game designed for humans it is also not meant for advance reptilian solar beings. 

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Did Bills fans completely forgot about RI before he became a bill (the second time after he got cut from the Rams because he was a moron)?  If you look at his life, the last 3 years are the outliers.  These week on twitter matches up with his past.

and I’ve seen the guy out in both Buffalo and Arizona. Not really a stretch to assume he would indulge in some “stuff.”  He’s a really good G but let’s not pretend like he is some poor innocent guy. He has created 95% of the problems in his life. 

I never said any of that- I know his history as most do- I just think its ****ty on social media to basically call someone a current coke head when none of us really know for sure- like you said- “assumptions”.

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

He's up all night and acting iradically. Given his history as a known coke head while clubbing in Miami, it fits the bill. At the very least he's being an a-hole trolling on Twitter and not acting professional. Fires his agent on Twitter, retires in Twitter, trolling the team on Twitter. Is he a 34 yr old man or a 16 yr old girl?

Not arguing that he is acting irrational or that he has had some history. Just saying he is a human being and we dont know if he is blowing lines or not. He may have mental health issues.

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So RI goes from being retired, to showing up to conditioning, to asking for a release. I smell Belichick.

Richie is dreaming if he thinks McBeane are letting him walk. But maybe a trade? What can Mr. 3XProbowler fetch?

This is actually starting to make sense. He knows beane and McDermott love high character guys. What's the best way for the bills to let you go? Dont buy into the process. Incognito is intentionally acting like a fool in hopes the bills release him and he can sign elsewhere for better money. 

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Help me out.............is RI retiring or not?

Bear..did Jones claim to want to talk to Jesus while standing on the ledge of a high rise Hollywood condo suite? I wish I had answers..but I will say,this off season is one that will never be forgotten....and the draft still hasn't taken place.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Bear..did Jones claim to want to talk to Jesus while standing on the ledge of a high rise Hollywood condo suite? I wish I had answers..but I will say, this off season is one that will never be forgotten....and the draft still hasn't taken place.

Disappointing, as much of this off-season  nonsense I was hoping would get filed away in the long lost file cabinet in the attic. Bring on the draft and next season! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Disappointing, as much of this off-season  nonsense I was hoping would get filed away in the long lost file cabinet in the attic. Bring on the draft and next season! 

Years ago,in the 70's and 80's off the field lives of the players were never polarized like they are now.This is your world now..the dirty laundry is everybody's business..the old school days of guys like Milt Northrop and Larry Felser actually reporting on the field facts and some down to earth opinions are GONE! This is fact...Jim Kelly and the fellas back then referred to Bruce as the "Grape Ape"...did Smith go the the media and cry about? Did he want a 6 minute piece on ESPN 2? We live in a very touchy,poor me,look at me world now...you couldn't pay me to have a Twitter or Facebook account....

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Years ago,in the 70's and 80's off the field lives of the players were never polarized like they are now.This is your world now..the dirty laundry is everybody's business..the old school days of guys like Milt Northrop and Larry Felser actually reporting on the field facts and some down to earth opinions are GONE! This is fact...Jim Kelly and the fellas back then referred to Bruce as the "Grape Ape"...did Smith go the the media and cry about? Did he want a 6 minute piece on ESPN 2? We live in a very touchy,poor me,look at me world now...you couldn't pay me to have a Twitter or Facebook account....

OK, I’ll keep the $250k I was going to offer. :)

Today’s players have far more to deal with (and more opportunities to mess up) given iPhones, everything is recorded and social media. At the same time, the way you can be set for life with a good 10 year career offsets that. It didn’t used to be that way. Not right or a wrong, just a different kind of situation. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

OK, I’ll keep the $250k I was going to offer. :)

Today’s players have far more to deal with (and more opportunities to mess up) given iPhones, everything is recorded and social media. At the same time, the way you can be set for life with a good 10 year career offsets that. It didn’t used to be that way. Not right or a wrong, just a different kind of situation. 

Forget every word I typed...I will join Twitter and Facebook tomorrow morning..let me smell that currency.

16 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Forget every word I typed...I will join Twitter and Facebook tomorrow morning..let me smell that currency.

Wow, that’s just a minute late and two hundred fifty thousand dollars short! Bummer!  Better luck tomorrow! 

6 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Ok so let's get an update here...

Still retired? Or wants to be released?

You know, CBF, at first I thought he wanted to be released and that might still really be the case.

However, he may just want the Bills to "honor" his service and not have to give his bonus back.

Either goal is unlikely achieved while in a straight jacket laughing like Woody Woodpecker in the corner.

• Like (+1) 1