Richie Incognito Un-retires via Twitter?

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Let's just say Richie is not known for being the brightest bulb, even for an O lineman.

Side note: Richie somehow thinks of himself as an honorary African American. He thinks his friends like Pouncey in Miami and Shady here give him cover; he hangs with them, so he can use language black guys use among themselves. That's not how it works these days, and as I said, he's a very slow learner ....

Honorary A-A?  He sounds like he graduated from the President Trump school of saying something in the morning and the opposite in the evening.  A-As have enough issues in society without getting blamed for Incognito too.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t remember who but one of the reporters said they were told this was a joke?

the problem is- if we want to spend to replace him he can unretire and blow up our cap at any drug fueled whim. 

If he unretires and cannot pass a drug test I wonder if Bills are still responsible for cap even if he is suspended?

I suspect IF he unretires he will not pass medical exam for non-drugs and need to be put on IR so he can collect check.

This is why I always state twitter is for twits.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Definitely.  Look at Jay Cutler.  He retired at the end of the 2016 season, had his first announcing gig all set for the 2017 season and then returned to play that same year.

Yea but Richie is under contract. So does he just come back at his deal price? If the bills want him obviously 

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Side note: Richie somehow thinks of himself as an honorary African American. He thinks his friends like Pouncey in Miami and Shady here give him cover; he hangs with them, so he can use language black guys use among themselves. That's not how it works these days, and as I said, he's a very slow learner ....

I thought that was the way all people talked on the Twit?

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I hope Richie is alright. I suspect there may be some mental health issues going on. 

He's at the tail-end of his career where ambivalence about continuing is the norm. I get the feeling that being forced to take a pay cut to stay on upset him. In this era of twitter where his private thoughts are publicly posted it may seem that he is acting impulsively when in reality his conflicting posts are reflective of his conflicting thoughts. That's not being crazy----that's being normal and human. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Yea but Richie is under contract. So does he just come back at his deal price? If the bills want him obviously 

If this was a ploy to get more money and the Bills called his bluff, and he shows up, it would be fore his previous contract because he's still under it.

He's mocking the whole news via Twitter/social media thing now especially with all his laugh emojis on recent posts. Yet think the retirement might be true as think Erik Wood was a dear teammate of his and think now that he's gone Richie may have his eyes opened about the dangers of the game. That or someone hacked his account and having a whole lotta fun.

Haven't we had an exciting enough offseason already with Zay going off the deep end and now Richie retiring then not. "The Process" is to have high character guys and I am starting to question the parameters of what's considered high character. We know Richie was brought in by a different regime and apparently Zay was considered to be a high character guy out of college. Plus we had the lineman that went crazy last year too. 

I understand that Richie has to look out for himself to. Just do it the right way so you don't smash the reputation you build when you do go by being sloppy about it. 

Edited by Lfod

Weird.  The guy who was a crazy POS might be becoming a crazy POS.  First, he says how boring Buffalo is.  Then, he might have used a slur against a player.  Now, this childish stuff.

He is the same guy he has always been.  Except he’s not as good at hiding it.  Either he plays with us, see if he has any trade value (he doesn’t), or he retires.  

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I know it's a stretch but could the Bills suspend him for detrimental conduct, just to keep him away and not pay him?

The nflpa is super weak but that seems like it would be unwinnable for the Bills.  It’s our faults for having the crazy guy in the first place.  But much like Boldin, the Bills hold all the cards.  He’s an old G who really doesn’t have power right now.  

Get back on your meds Richie before it costs you millions!

• Like (+1) 2