Richie Incognito Un-retires via Twitter?

27 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

At this point i would not want him back regardless. Once you contemplate retirement your done. You cannot play this game if your not 100% committed. He retired because his head is not in it. 

Now. Reading this is some.kind of joke, Richie go @#&* yourself you prick. 

I think that’s an overrated myth. Everyone thinks of it. 

But unless he has a hell of an explanation for the last month he’s edging towards “just stay away” territory 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t remember who but one of the reporters said they were told this was a joke?

the problem is- if we want to spend to replace him he can unretire and blow up our cap at any drug fueled whim. 

I would have to think doctors would have to release him to play.

4 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I would have to think doctors would have to release him to play.

Team docs already did that, correct? End of year physical. If he his liver and kidneys were failing to the point he couldn’t play football anymore,   he would have been cut with injury designation? His own doctors are the ones who gave him this info. He said it’s fixable but he doesn’t want the stress 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Team docs already did that, correct? End of year physical. If he his liver and kidneys were failing to the point he couldn’t play football anymore,   he would have been cut with injury designation? His own doctors are the ones who gave him this info. He said it’s fixable but he doesn’t want the stress 

Yeah, you might be right. Just was a thought in my part. Believe it or not @YoloinOhio, Im clueless.

Naturally when something bizarre like this happens, there will be a gazillion theories on what is behind it.  I am not buying into any particular theory, but I thought I'd advance one more.  In his conversation with Vic Carucci, Incognito maintained that his retirement was medically motivated.  His doctor told him that his high protein, high carb diet was causing his liver and kidney to "shut down."   Maybe Buffalo team doctors approached him and suggested that his diet might be adjusted in a way that would allow him to keep playing without putting his kidney and liver at risk.  In spite of being ticked off about his contract, he still loves football and wants to give it another crack.  As I said, I'm not buying into any particular theory, this one included.  I just put it out there to give y'all something to think about.

• Like (+1) 1

If the team doctors have cleared him, and i advocate a few more tests before bringing him back, give him one more chance. He has been a good boy since joining the Bills and I believe he has earned some brownie points. I dont really understand the dislike spewed in this thread and would like to see him clear drug tests. 

After deep reflection and sharing my feelings with my family, I have decided that the time has come for me to announce my retirement from reading any of Richie Incognito's tweets. I will always fondly remember my time reading Richie's tweets and I am deeply grateful for the opportunity to enjoy his witticisms and hot takes on pressing issues over the years. Go Bills!

• Haha (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

But unless he has a hell of an explanation for the last month he’s edging towards “just stay away” territory 

There is not many vets Who look forward to training camp. I bet the number is even fewer for OL and DL. Hot and big isn’t a good combo. Mix that with your body feeling beaten up and why would you consider retirement after as many years Richie has. 

42 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Marv Levy pretty much said it and i agree. You have to be all in

27 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Yeah, you might be right. Just was a thought in my part. Believe it or not @YoloinOhio, Im clueless.

Let's just say Richie is not known for being the brightest bulb, even for an O lineman.

- fires his agent

- gets frustrated over taking that pay cut. His agent did a fine job. Richie is a toxic asset. Really, I can't see any other team taking him on. The Bills have already taken the heat by signing him, and are his only real option.

- announces retirement, AND ACTUALLY PUTS IN HIS NFLPA RETIREMENT PAPERS. This is not an Eric Wood "I can't play, but I ain't "retiring." Eric Wood has bargaining power for an injury settlement. 

- obviously Richie doesn't hire an accountant or lawyer either, or they would have advised him that a voluntary retirement would result in the requirement to pay back part of the signing bonus.

He's an idiot.  He has a tiny bit of bargaining power here; he can presumably claim that his retirement is football injury/health related, and it's plausible enough (as others have said, the bulk up football diet (we won't mention the "supplements" here) certainly will contribute to kidney/liver dimished function. So he may - with a lawyer - be able to negotiate something. The Bills are also so desperate now for O line help I could even see him coming back.

Side note: Richie somehow thinks of himself as an honorary African American. He thinks his friends like Pouncey in Miami and Shady here give him cover; he hangs with them, so he can use language black guys use among themselves. That's not how it works these days, and as I said, he's a very slow learner ....

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, aristocrat said:

So if he decides in a few months he’s good to go can he just unretire and come back? Or is it cpntract renegotiate? 

Definitely.  Look at Jay Cutler.  He retired at the end of the 2016 season, had his first announcing gig all set for the 2017 season and then returned to play that same year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mickey said:

After deep reflection and sharing my feelings with my family, I have decided that the time has come for me to announce my retirement from reading any of Richie Incognito's tweets. I will always fondly remember my time reading Richie's tweets and I am deeply grateful for the opportunity to enjoy his witticisms and hot takes on pressing issues over the years. Go Bills!

Ahh, memories ...