Bills Draft Day QB Worst Case Scenario

17 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

Of all the posibillities, I haven't seen much alluded to about the absolute worst case coming true on draft day.  Here is a very real possiblity.

1 Cleveland takes a QB not named Josh Allen

2. Giants take a QB not named Josh Allen

3. Jets take a QB not named Josh Allen

4. Cleveland takes non QB.

5. Broncos take Josh Allen or non QB.

6-7-8-9-10-11.  Someone trades up for Josh Allen if he is still on the board and it isn't the Bills.

12.  Bills having missed top 4 QB, don't take one here.

13-21.  Cardinals take Mason Rudolph, Chargers take Lamar Jackson or Saints(or New England) trade up for either of these guys before pick 22 and the Bills stay put.

22.  No QB of note.  Bills take non QB.

The "build the roster first" people will be STOKED.

Hey there is always next year :D

17 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Chiefs' worst case scenario.  Mahomes blows out his knee on the 1st day of camp. 

Chiefs' worst case scenario: Mahomes sucks ala Matt Leinart or Mark Sanchez or Blaine Gabbert.

15 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Chiefs' worst case scenario: Mahomes sucks ala Matt Leinart or Mark Sanchez or Blaine Gabbert.

yeah, i dunno. i don't think Andy Reid would have traded away Alex Smith if Mahomes was gonna suck. he might not light the world on fire but he definately won't suck.

9 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Jesus. If our oc can’t run a system that makes aj look competent what’s he gonna do with a high prize rookie? So what you’re saying is our front office can’t draft and get guys that fit our system? That star and Murphy aren’t guys that will play well?  If they can’t find draft picks in the second and third I’d say it’s a good chance according to you they draft the wrong qb right?

Who's to say that McCarron isn't an epic bust as a starter?  I mean, he's played in only a handful of games, so who knows if he's Kurt Warner or Brock Osweiller?  Some QBs are so crappy that even the best coaching in the world isn't going to help him much.

8 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

This is a rebuild man.  The offense has the chance to be worse than last year.  Imagine that 

Related image

How could that be possible since Taylor is no longer a Bill?       /sarcasm off

8 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

worst case scenario is we trade everything for another bust.  By far.  That doesn’t mean we don’t hit our frencheyes. It’s just the worst case scenario.  

That, of course, is simply not in the realm of possibility for the many fans who want to trade up no matter the cost, although it's more likely that only 1 if any of the top 4 QBs will be successful than that more than 1 of them will be successful.

18 minutes ago, Foxx said:

yeah, i dunno. i don't think Andy Reid would have traded away Alex Smith if Mahomes was gonna suck. he might not light the world on fire but he definately won't suck.

He traded away Donovan McNabb to keep Kevin Kolb who is best remembered for being made of glass, but that only obscures the fact that Kolb, when healthy, sucked and eventually lost his starting job to Michael Vick.   You may have annointed Andy Reid a football god but he's not even close to being Belichick's little bro.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoTier said:

... He traded away Donovan McNabb to keep Kevin Kolb who is best remembered for being made of glass, but that only obscures the fact that Kolb, when healthy, sucked and eventually lost his starting job to Michael Vick.   You may have annointed Andy Reid a football god but he's not even close to being Belichick's little bro.

Belichick's little bro?? do you need help getting back into your rocker? bellyboy got lucky with a 6th round pick. were it not for Brady, ol' bellyboy wouldn't even be in the league right now.

Ain't going to happen. The Bill's will trade up to # 2 or # 4. Gentleman , Dorsey and Beane  all know that the Bill's have a 100 million in cap space next year. The Giants and of course the Bill's would like to screw over the Jets . If Gettleman doesn't want a QB he will trade with the Bill's. Dorsey traded for Mahones last year so he has a tacit "obligation to the Bill's....    trading for the 4th pick. if, and is a mighty big if, the trades don't work out to the Bill's favor, They know that the Bill's will have a 100 million to  "LURE "a free agent from any team they want. 

Edited by Wily Dog
text

18 hours ago, Adam727 said:

If this happens, I'd like to see the Bills trade down from 12, swap picks with someone looking to move up to grab one of the skill position players that fell in exchange for a 1st next year.  If there's no QB worth taking at 22, then trade down again.  Maybe swap #22 for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year.  Use one of the 3rd round picks on a QB prospect like Falk, use the other 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds to build the roster, and have 3 1st round picks to use on a QB next year.  It would suck for this year but it wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen to this team.  

IMO the worst case QB scenario is the Bills trade a boatload of picks for #2 and they select Allen.  

Without being quite so specific, a trade down from 22 might be a good option..get the best QB still on the board in the first half of the second round, and maybe draft another QB late.  That's assuming the top six QBs are gone by the middle of the first round.

To each his own.  I like the top four.  I think Rosen and Mayfield are the safest picks.  I am inclined to risk for upside.  Darnold is a risk, but I like his creativity.  Allen is more of a risk, but I don't find it implausible that he could develop into an exceptional talent.  Too bad so many of you are just sure he will be terrible.  I even rather like Jackson.  If we stick at 12 and the top four are gone, I'm okay taking Jackson.  The only thing that would anger me is taking Rudolph at 12 as I think he is a third round qb.  Might as well wait and get White or Lauletta in that case.

• Like (+1) 1

Worst case scenario is we trade a bunch of picks and get stuck with Rosen, IMHO.  I fear much about him and predict Jets get him and have their hearts broken. But if we do take Rosen he's my boy!  Have always wanted any other of the big 3 that The Process favor, and would be fine with Rudolph if they believe (and are not merely settling).  I don't think Jackson happens, but he could be a lot of fun.