(rumor). Bills-Browns-Giants-Crazy "Dunkirk" type tweet.

PIZ

I can absolutely buy the Browns saying "we like 3-4 of these guys almost equal, we don't really want Darnold, Buffalo is willing to give up a lot for him, lets just trade them #1, know we are still getting a guy we like at 4 as worst case scenario, then sell the Giants on getting their choice of non-QB to go back to 2".

41 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Read through this guy's tweets.  Probably made up, but I get a kick out of reading them.  Kind of like that guy on the Browns board.

this isn't coming through on my browser can someone copy and repost just the text

3 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

this isn't coming through on my browser can someone copy and repost just the text

Alright #billsmafia , try to follow me here. My district manager at work is a part time ref for NCAA Dicision 1 football around the country. He has reffed many @buffalobills preseason games & training camp scrimmages, & has a couple close friends inside the #bills organization.

The other tweets are the information.  Browns/Giants/Bills work a 3 way trade.  Buffalo gets #1 overall.  Giants to #4, Browns go down to 2 and also receive #12.  That's it in a nutshell.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Dorsey has said #1 is for sale multiple times.  It's possible they've done all their homework and have all 4 QBs graded at a level where they are happy with any one.  If that's the case, you are going to trade the pick that gets you the most value back (#1) vs diminishing the value or taking a RB over a "QB trade package".

It's funny.....somewhere in all that he mentions that no way in a million years could he make something like that up.  I actually thought about this exact scenario a month or so ago.

It's not a theory you put out there too much because it is nuts and virtually has no chance of happening.  But when I first thought about the idea a while ago, I could justify it being the right thing for all teams involved, but I think the logistics of putting something like this together are virtually impossible unless the Browns, Giants, and Bills all agree to share who they want with each other in the draft and I can guarantee that chance of that happening are very slim.

However, if they did agree to this, this whole thing could come together and it really would benefit every team involved.  Granted the compensation the guy in the tweet listed wouldn't be nearly enough, but I suppose something could come together where each team gets the guy they want and the Bills can make make it worth while for both teams if they were actually open to it.

But that is where all of this ends......  The chances all 3 of these teams are this open and willing to share so much with each other is almost impossible to believe.  Would it be a good idea for all teams involved to work together and make this happen?  ABSOLUTELY!!!  Especially if every team gets the player that they ultimately want.  Chance of it actually happening.... less than 1% for sure.

Also, where this guy's story lost me is saying that it was coming from Russ Brandon.  Why would the president of the Bills and Sabres just tell some guy, friend or not, what they were going to do in the draft?  I don't care if it's family.....you don't explain your draft strategy to ANYONE.  That is why all of these theories out there are a bunch of garbage.  Nobody is telling anyone factual at this point. 

The best we can do as fans is look at what the teams are doing and try to piece things together, kind of like what I did the other day in the Darnold visit thread.  I have no actual knowledge of what is going on, but based on actions, I put together a plausible theory.  That is all anyone, including the national guys, can do at this point.  The people that know what is going on inside each organization aren't just going to tell someone outside the organization what is going on.

26 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Alright #billsmafia , try to follow me here. My district manager at work is a part time ref for NCAA Dicision 1 football around the country. He has reffed many @buffalobills preseason games & training camp scrimmages, & has a couple close friends inside the #bills organization.

The other tweets are the information.  Browns/Giants/Bills work a 3 way trade.  Buffalo gets #1 overall.  Giants to #4, Browns go down to 2 and also receive #12.  That's it in a nutshell.  

Thanks for that