(rumor). Bills-Browns-Giants-Crazy "Dunkirk" type tweet.

PIZ

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Don't read rumors then.  Most of the posts on this board are rumors, what scouts think, tweets that may/may not happen, mock drafts that may/may not happen, etc.  Not every post is FACT or CONFIRMED.  It's draft season for crying out loud.  I don't see what the big deal is.  I thought people would be interested in reading it.  It's probably not real, but how do I know for sure if it isn't.  Could happen.  I would love to see it happen, as I would love to see Sam Darnold wearing a Bills jersey.  It's either I hope for something like this, or I go back to hoping Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph pan out.

It's not interesting though.

Just some random guy trying to make a name for himself, but I too think some version of this is what happens.

I think we have 1 guy (Darnold) we are willing "give up the farm for", it just so happens a visit to see him in LA gets scheduled for this weekend.  I think I side on Allen being smoke from the Browns, but I think they like one of if not both of Baker and Rosen.  There's no value in taking a guy #1 overall that you can get at 2 or 4 when you know a team will pay a ransom for #1.  I think the Giants are legit not going QB.  I can believe there's a contingent deal in place with us and the Giants, the Browns might have been looped in or sniffed it out and said "we aren't taking Darnold anyway, trade with us" and remove the contingency.   I can absolutely see a trade for #1 getting announced soon if everything goes fine in LA.

• Like (+1) 1

I think it's interesting and makes sense. At the end of the day you have The Browns, Bills, and Giants working together to move around the draft board. They essentially F over the Jets, which the Bills and Giants would both want to do. The Browns and Giants still get the guy they want, and pick up extra picks. 

I'll consider anything that gets me Darnold or Rosen, though I do really like Rosen. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It makes sense....

I’m not saying that he is right or wrong but at least it’s logical. Everyone gets the guy that they want in this case and the Giants and Browns get other assets as well. 

It does make sense.  I'm just like you....don't know if he's right or wrong.  I think he's relaying information he's heard but the legitimacy behind these rumors is obviously the question.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It's not interesting though.

Not trying to cause a fight here.  I find these interesting.  For those that don't like this kind of stuff, I fully put the disclaimer out that by calling it a "rumor" and had "Dunkirk type" in the subject of the post, so they know it might not be there kind of post.  If I didn't like this kind of stuff, and saw that, I wouldn't have even clicked on it.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PIZ said:

Not trying to cause a fight here.  I find these interesting.  For those that don't like this kind of stuff, I fully put the disclaimer out that by calling it a "rumor" and had "Dunkirk type" in the subject of the post, so they know it might not be there kind of post.  If I didn't like this kind of stuff, and saw that, I wouldn't have even clicked on it.

I understand that and it's cool. 

I'll let those of you who enjoy this stuff enjoy it, I'm out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Based on the great length he goes to explain everything it may have merit. 

My only thing is if it is true Russ Brandon (nor his boss) probably  doesn’t want his name out there leaking draft secrets. If your going to put stuff like this out there be smart about it. 

Edited by dezertbill

15 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You saw the thread title and yet you clicked and decided to respond. Says more about you than anything else maybe.

You are reaching. A believable rumor would be someone like Sal Capaccio saying he heard something. Not some dumb kid on Twitter. You can search Twitter right now and find 100 rumors like this

Edited by kdiggz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

So what do the giants get out of it? They drop back to four so a second rounder sort of like the bears trade to miners last year. So we go to 1 and it’s probably 3 ones and a second. Three ones to browns and the second to giants.  

That's where I'm skeptical, but it could easily be the work around with Denver not wanting to play ball and the Giants wanting to stay top 5.  I'd think the Browns want to hold on to 22 since they have so many other picks and that's more quality, but you could easily give the Giants 4 / 53 / 56 to get their same player.  I'm not convinced the Giants would trust the Browns on not getting played, the Browns say "oh yeah, we are totally going QB", flip up to 2, grab Barkley or Chubb knowing it would likely slide at least 1 QB into 6 or later where they can give up a couple picks to go get them from 12.

But I could absolutely see a scenario where Cleveland hears or figures we've got a deal with the Giants contingent upon Darnold and just says "we don't want Darnold anyway, we'll just trade you the pick".

Just now, LEBills said:

So the Browns would draft 2 and 12 rather than 1 and 4? 

Unless the extra, unmentioned assets are really good, why would they do that?

My thought was Browns would draft 2, 12, 22

Giants 4, 53 and maybe a 3rd or 4th from the Browns

Bills 1. Still have a 2nd and 2 3rds.

I mean it’s not that far fetched of a scenario. It would totally be a Browns type move. My only question would be why would the Browns not just take Allen at 1... and then pick someone else at 4. 2 and 12 isn’t nearly as nice unless what he can’t remember really really sweetens the pot.

Funny though that his bio says Bills and Sabres insider ?

Edited by Wayne Cubed