***Speculation from Brownsboard.com***

I am still very surprised by all of this.  by taking Chubb first they are pretty much saying that they think he is a HOF type talent worthy of the spot and he's worth the 3+ 1st round picks another team would surely trade to get the #1 pick.  that says a lot.  i didn't think Chubb was that good but I didn't watch a lot of NC State so who knows.  it seems like many have either Barkley or Nelson as their top players in the draft.  I know an edge rusher is more valuable than those positions but they already have 2 young DE's in Cleveland and Garrett actually was worth the 1st pick as he was seen as a generational type talent.  Louis Riddick on ESPN did say he would take Chubb over Garrett because he was a tough hard nosed type player but a lot of people dismissed that as crazy tv talk.  if i was Cleveland it's very clear what the right thing to do is: Darnold at 1 and Barkley or Chubb at 4.  it's such a no brainer that it's pure comedy that they are thinking of going in another direction.  the Browns will always be the Browns i guess!

This is the nonsense that starts popping up during this time of the year when the #1 pick is obvious. Fabricated storylines to generate more interest before Draft Day. This time last year we were hearing Trubisky to the Browns nonsense.

Darnold is going #1 to Cleveland. Mayfield is going to the Jets. What happens at 2 and 4 are going to be interesting. 

• Like (+1) 2

I can completely buy that Chubb is the guy the Browns and Giants are jockeying to get.  I've thought for a while the Giants - Darnold interest is smokescreen because the Giants want a non-Qb to drop and realistically the value on players and the depth of positions in this draft would nudge Chubb up as a clear #1.  I think if Darnold is sitting at 2 we are coming in guns blazing on a deal to get him, the hold up on any deal with the Giants is almost certainly based upon Cleveland.  If the Giants put the pick up, I have to believe we go get it, I just can't see letting another sure QB team trade there and risking QBs going 2-5 with us just watching it happen.

There were rumors about the Browns being in love with Baker back in January and they dried up almost overnight.  They could very likely look at it as they take Chubb 1 and know they are getting one of Darnold / Baker / Rosen at 3, letting someone else make the decision for them, because that would be the Browns thing to do.  I just don't see the Giants during down 5-6 premium picks, the Browns sure, they have depth of picks, but the Giants desperately need a cheap young talent infusion across the roster.  I think Beane isn't giving his best offer until he knows who is there, it wouldn't surprise me if we have the Giants price to say yes and the wait is here to pull the trigger.

2 minutes ago, BillsMafioso said:

I’ve been saying all along Allen will fall. 

Head coaches on the hot seat picking in top5... why take on biggest QB gamble when ur jobs on the line?

I agree with this.  They might like his size and his arm and ohh and ahh when he throws but when it comes time to actually pick him i don't think they have the guts to make that kind of gamble.  they might secretly covet him but it's too much of a risk.  now the question is how far does he fall?  does Denver scoop him up or do they make the Bills at least think they will get him unless they give up a HUGE haul.  i think they are in a very powerful position now and they know it

3 minutes ago, Rise Up Lights said:

I could see where they'd want to select Chubb before the Giants have a chance to. I think the Giants could have strong interest in him at #2. With Chubb and a healthy Garrett, that DL would be cooking with FIRE.

Gregg Williams would have to write a ton of bounty checks!

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsMafioso said:

I’ve been saying all along Allen will fall. 

Head coaches on the hot seat picking in top5... why take on biggest QB gamble when ur jobs on the line?

Unless Buffalo secretly likes the kid which they might. I can see Beane and McDermott thinking he's the next Cam Newton. They'd be insane to think that but all these NFL guys at their core are size queens.

If the Broncos pass on him and the Bills don't trade for him I can see Arizona maybe trading up to Chicago, SF, Oakland and getting a deal done.

9 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I agree with this.  They might like his size and his arm and ohh and ahh when he throws but when it comes time to actually pick him i don't think they have the guts to make that kind of gamble.  they might secretly covet him but it's too much of a risk.  now the question is how far does he fall?  does Denver scoop him up or do they make the Bills at least think they will get him unless they give up a HUGE haul.  i think they are in a very powerful position now and they know it

NFL guys really can't help themselves. It's size and ego. They all think they're going to be the one who can untap his potential.

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty

14 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

NFL guys really can't help themselves. It's size and ego. They all think they're going to be the one who can untap his potential.

It's not about ego; it's about whether or not you see a guy that is going to be the "good" Josh Allen often enough to succeed in the NFL, because when he was right, he was far and away the best QB in this draft.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They won’t take him. All if this meshes with what I’ve heard as well. 1)There are too many wanna be GMs in that room for the Browns and egos are getting in the way and 2)hue is dead man walking. He will not get his way, they will purposely not take his guy.

there is a weekly series on Channel 5 that  are doing that goes behind the scenes with the pre draft process for the Browns. Obviously they don’t reveal anything but the awkwardness between hue and Dorsey is palpable and uncomfortable. They hate each other already.

i can’t picture Sashi in a cigar bar 

the disgruntled scout stuff is all true and I have a relative in another FO. I see the reports of who they have “significant interest in”  and know it’s not who they are taking. Anything you see right now from guys like Ben Allbright, Daniel Jeremiah, etc is being put out there on purpose. If you heard something in December or January it could be legit. In April it’s BS.

Although Haslam seemed to receive universe praise for booting Sashi and bringing in Dorsey, I always thought it was a cowards move.  It makes me happy to see that he's still screwing the pooch by hiring too many cooks for the kitchen.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, stony said:

Although Haslam seemed to receive universe praise for booting Sashi and bringing in Dorsey, I always thought it was a cowards move.  It makes me happy to see that he's still screwing the pooch by hiring too many cooks for the kitchen.  

Browns are going to Brown.  Haslam hasn't changed despite the minds he brings in.

• Like (+1) 1

Chubb will still be there at 4th pick, and will probably go to some other team after 5 years if he's elite.  The Browns ability to sign all these high picks in 4 and 5 years will be very compromised.   

The QB they want might not be there at 4, so I don't see the logic in picking Chubb 1st and then watching two qb's come off the board.  It makes zero sense.  Also, if your qb is elite you keep him for a dozen or more years.

That said, if Chubb is a monster, I could not imagine how good the pass rush would be with Garrett on the other side.  Jailbreak City.

5 hours ago, kdiggz said:

The Browns and Giants are going to screw this up for us. The right thing to do is to take Darnold at 1. Everyone has known that for a while. He fits what Cleveland wants to do and he is a personality match for that organization. It was a slam dunk no brainer. The Giants then don't really NEED a QB and would be happy with Chubb. He fills an immediate need with the departure of JPP. But now they have their choice of QB in the best QB draft in the past decade so any GM would be like hmmmmm interesting, especially since their current QB is getting old. Now what we have is a cluster **** my friends:

1. Browns- Chubb

2. Giants- Darnold

3. Jets - Mayfield

4. Browns - Rosen

5. Broncos - Allen

We are on the outside looking in. There is a chance that Barkley at 5 is too good of a deal to pass up for Elway but he is QB crazy and has been on a mission all offseason to check out all of the QB prospects in person with his entire staff with him. Hopefully Allen isn't who he wants since they already have a big inaccurate QB project with Paxton Lynch. So maybe they do take Barkley at 5. I'd say it's 50-50.

We either zero in on our guy and give up everything to get to 2 or we sit back and see if we can get Allen at 6-7. If the Giants know their pick is now for the top QB in the draft it will be worth a massive haul. Expect 12, 22, 53, 56, 65, next year's 1st. If the Bills think they have found their QB that will be around for the next decade then do it. Otherwise you are hoping and praying you get a shot at Allen, a QB who is 2 yrs away from starting.

This is why when the Jets traded up to 3 I got a pit in my stomach. You knew the Colts would be willing to move by the Giants are far more expensive and that is IF they would even want to move. Your scenario above which is very plausible would be ground zero for the Bills and effectively force them to either draft then BPA pushing the QB decision to 2019 or settle with a concession QB like Rudolph/Jackson (FYI not saying they can't workout its a gamble with any QB but they were not the goal). My hope is they somehow can swing into 2 or 4 and grab one of Rosen Darnold or Mayfield, I want nothing to do with Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

This was always inexorable and as easy to read as the Hollywood sign on the hill.  Which 4 picks of the top 5 and what sequence is interesting but the Browns, Giants, Jets and Broncos will all have a new QB before the Colts are on the clock.  The Jets/Colts trade was not about the Bills, it was about the Broncos.  

The slim chance the Bills have is a trade with the Browns at 4, or if the article is true, and their dysfunctional group can only reach agreement by seeing what happens in front of them, an even slimmer possibility at 1.  Both of these possibilities are very slim IMO.  If the Giants somehow hate all the QBs but one, and the Browns pick that guy, I suppose something could happen.  I think the overall odds of the Bills making a top 4 pick is about 2%.

Agreed.

That’s why I’ve been so frustrated with people talking about trading to #2. It isn’t happening. Why? Because the Giants ARE taking a QB! Shurmur has already been fired once for not having a QB. He isn’t that stupid to hitch his wagon to a guy who will be hanging up his cleats in 2 years max. This is an incredible opportunity for them because the odds of the Giants ever being in the position again for the next 10+ years is slim.

Unfortunately, it’s time to seriously debate if taking Jackson or Rudolph at 12 is worth it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, McBean said:

Agreed.

That’s why I’ve been so frustrated with people talking about trading to #2. It isn’t happening. Why? Because the Giants ARE taking a QB! Shurmur has already been fired once for not having a QB. He isn’t that stupid to hitch his wagon to a guy who will be hanging up his cleats in 2 years max. This is an incredible opportunity for them because the odds of the Giants ever being in the position again for the next 10+ years is slim.

Unfortunately, it’s time to seriously debate if taking Jackson or Rudolph at 12 is worth it.

The problem here is if the Bills come out and say they are thrilled they got either and that was the plan it's BS. The problem for the Bills is you can't come out and say will we failed and had to take one of these two. It's a giant lose lose either way.