***Speculation from Brownsboard.com***

Fascinating stuff.

Wouldn't surprise me at all that DePodesta loves Mayfield - DP is an analytics maven.  Also wouldn't surprise me that Hue doesn't love Mayfield - Hue strikes me as arrogant and semi-stupid, and probably would feel threatened by a loud, intelligent voice like Baker's.  Hue also runs his passing offense off a script - not Mayfield's game.

All of that said - if the Browns take Chubb at 1, after taking Garrett at 1 last year, they're complete, utter morons.  They're not going to be able to pay both of those guys in 4 years and they'll be counting on the third-best QB falling to them at 4.

• Like (+1) 2

I am not sure there is a single possible ranking of QB's that isn't identified here as an outcome under consideration. Thus, no matter what happens, the poster can say, "see? I told ya so". And if even 10% of it is true, the Browns are running a clown show behind the scenes. Is there a single private thought of the Browns staff that isn't being broadcast here?

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

Could be true.  Could be why some rumors I read last night are saying the Bills are preparing a package of 6 picks to move up to #2.

i sure hope not. i'm fine with 12/22 and next year's 1st but that's it . take it or go ahead and take darnold and let him sit til eli's done.

20 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I wondered why the browns hadn’t just picked a guy by now. Man too many cooks in the kitchen

100% with you...it is crazy because I thought they hired Dorsey to sort of become the guy so they can stop having all of this dysfunction. 

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s true as a whole of any message board. But at draft time, believe it or not, info like this is more credible than what you see on mainstream twitter from the guys with the blue check mark who intentionally are being fed misinformation for the masses. To me, the fewer posts a guy has on a message board the more I believe what he’s saying. Usually they fly in, report stuff, and leave. If they stick around defending themselves incessantly like Dunkirk Don, I know they are frauds. 

Never forget Leroi correctly called the pick here on 2015 when no one had the name on the Bills radar. 

2nd round - Ronald Darby?

Great stuff and confirms my belief that a strong case can be made for Mayfield, Darnold, and Rosen as #1 overalls. That is really rare - only 2004 and 1983 compare, really. That is why the Bills really need to get one of these guys if they can. They are that much better (at least as prospects) than next year's shaky crop. We knew this after last season too -- everyone said that this was the year. 

Btw, I'm starting to get a sneaking sense that Lamar Jackson might go before Allen. I still think Allen goes ni the first, btw.

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

2nd round - Ronald Darby?

Yes.

I'll say this, if the Browns Poster is looking for attention he sure is willing to put in the work to seem believable. I still don't see the Browns passing on a qb number 1 (Rosen or Darnold). If they take a QB one lets say the Giants go Chubb, Barkley, or a QB, or they trade to the Bills or another QB hungry team. You know the Jets are going QB. So either 3 qb's go or 2 prior to the Browns next pick.

In this scenario the Browns get their number one QB and either Chubb or Barkley at 4. That's an absolute no brainer setting the team up for years if their QB is a top 15 or better QB in the league. Only the browns could screw this up.

I used to have a source who was a bills scout but he got fired along with Whaley last year. I’d only get  post draft stuff. The only time he texted me from the war room was to tell me they were pissed Mark Barron got picked. Now he works for a afc south team

• Like (+1) 1

I'm one for staying at 12 and keeping all the picks. In fact, if the Bills were able to get a QB at 12, ala Jackson, I'd be fine with trading 22 to go back in the 1st if it meant picking up another or say for the Colts, picking up 2 of their 2nds. Bills need a lot of good players to fill out their roster and the positions of "need" are deep this year in this Draft. 

That said, IF the Bills wanted to trade up for the franchise guy they think they MUST get, the OP's scenario is probably the worst for the Bills. Mayfield - Browns, Darnold - Giants, Rosen - Jets....meaning the Bills are essentially pegged to stay at 12. Again, I prefer that, but if they really, really want to go up and get their guy, Mayfield at 1, just about puts a nail in that coffin. Because, I'm not one who thinks Gettleman will trade out of 2....and by the time 4 comes around if the above scenario is accurate, why would the Bills trade up if they can still get Allen or Jackson at 12? That would be worse than trading up for any of the other 3, IMO.

Just now, aristocrat said:

I used to have a source who was a bills scout but he got fired along with Whaley last year. I’d only get  post draft stuff. The only time he texted me from the war room was to tell me they were pissed Mark Barron got picked. Now he works for a afc south team

So, Texans? Gaines is there now....:ph34r:

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

I'm one for staying at 12 and keeping all the picks. In fact, if the Bills were able to get a QB at 12, ala Jackson, I'd be fine with trading 22 to go back in the 1st if it meant picking up another or say for the Colts, picking up 2 of their 2nds. Bills need a lot of good players to fill out their roster and the positions of "need" are deep this year in this Draft. 

That said, IF the Bills wanted to trade up for the franchise guy they think they MUST get, the OP's scenario is probably the worst for the Bills. Mayfield - Browns, Darnold - Giants, Rosen - Jets....meaning the Bills are essentially pegged to stay at 12. Again, I prefer that, but if they really, really want to go up and get their guy, Mayfield at 1, just about puts a nail in that coffin. Because, I'm not one who thinks Gettleman will trade out of 2....and by the time 4 comes around if the above scenario is accurate, why would the Bills trade up if they can still get Allen or Jackson at 12? That would be worse than trading up for any of the other 3, IMO.

So, Texans? Gaines is there now....:ph34r:

Titans

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Yes. I mean no one had that guy linked to the Bills that I saw and he posted “they are picking Ron Darby” In the week leading up to the draft. Clearly he was saying, if he was available.

Ya. That one came from left field. I would say that would nail down somebodies credibility if they called that one. Haha 

There were a couple years where a relative of mine worked very closely with the Bills front office (not directly in the front office though) so he had given me a few tidbits along the way, with the main one being that EJ Manuel was the QB that Buffalo was targeting leading up to the 2013 draft.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

This was always inexorable and as easy to read as the Hollywood sign on the hill.  Which 4 picks of the top 5 and what sequence is interesting but the Browns, Giants, Jets and Broncos will all have a new QB before the Colts are on the clock.  The Jets/Colts trade was not about the Bills, it was about the Broncos.  

The slim chance the Bills have is a trade with the Browns at 4, or if the article is true, and their dysfunctional group can only reach agreement by seeing what happens in front of them, an even slimmer possibility at 1.  Both of these possibilities are very slim IMO.  If the Giants somehow hate all the QBs but one, and the Browns pick that guy, I suppose something could happen.  I think the overall odds of the Bills making a top 4 pick is about 2%.

Im starting to get that impression too. Its not going to be very likely we get into the top 4

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Hope that happens. Browns will be Browns, I suppose.

Actually makes a lot of sense.  Garrett and Chubb as bookends and still have one of the four QB's.  To be honest it's anybody's guess as to who will be successful out of this group so why not take the guy with the least amount of questions first.

I'm hearing here about a lot of scenarios where we give up three firsts and more in order to take the fourth best QB.  Seriously, that is a desperation move, and unless lightning strikes and the guy turns out great, a killer for the franchise for years to come.

If one of the guys the Bills truly want is available even for a very high price, they should make the deal.  If they'd be settling for someone, use the picks to build the team.