***Speculation from Brownsboard.com***

5 hours ago, kdiggz said:

WHAT IF...

Browns want Jackson.  He's the ideal QB to pair with Tyrod.  They take Barkley or Chubb at 1, trade 4 with Buffalo and get a ton of picks, take Jackson at 12, use extra draft capital to trade up from 22 and take another impact player like one of the top CB or S.  Could get their QB plus 3 other 1st round picks if they play their cards right

This^^^^  I'm almost sure this is how it's going to go down.  Jackson will most certainly be there at 12 and might even be there at 22.  We give the Browns 12, 22, and the Browns 65th pick back to move up from 12 to 4, BUT that assuming that our guy is still there at 4.  If not, then I think Beaniebaby stays put, and takes a project at 22, or the second round somewhere.  I mean, look, all this talk about going up to get your guy is only possible if, one, your guy is there, and two, if the team you want to trade into is willing to trade out, and three, if the price isn't too high..  I know a lot of fans will be pissed if we don't get one of Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, and God forbid Allen in the first, BUT the reality is Beaniebaby might not have any choice in the matter.

Tim-

10 minutes ago, D521646 said:

This^^^^  I'm almost sure this is how it's going to go down.  Jackson will most certainly be there at 12 and might even be there at 22.  We give the Browns 12, 22, and the Browns 65th pick back to move up from 12 to 4, BUT that assuming that our guy is still there at 4.  If not, then I think Beaniebaby stays put, and takes a project at 22, or the second round somewhere.  I mean, look, all this talk about going up to get your guy is only possible if, one, your guy is there, and two, if the team you want to trade into is willing to trade out, and three, if the price isn't too high..  I know a lot of fans will be pissed if we don't get one of Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, and God forbid Allen in the first, BUT the reality is Beaniebaby might not have any choice in the matter.

Tim-

Is this supposed to be funny?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dlonce said:

You didn’t ask me but I’ll give you the scoop.

The Giants are doing their best to get the Browns to take Darnold,because they want Barkley or Chubb. The Browns know this, most believe Barkley. The Browns want Barkley at 4. The Browns want a QB as well,so there is an internal struggle of what to do.

The Browns love a couple QBs. It’s one of the two they have been linked to not loving.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they took Barkley at 1, then the Giants would be inclined to trade out, and the Browns get one of the two QBs they desire, because the Jets will screw up,as per usual and take Mayfield (and I love Mayfield,he’s just not one of the two best).

Its going to take a lot for us to get to 2, unless we move up to 6 or 7 before the draft. The Broncos are in the spot the Giants want to go back to.

6 hours ago, dlonce said:

So they love Rosen and Mayfield (because all along it's been they like Darnold and Allen)?

Wouldn't it be good if the Giants stayed put at 2, since they probably won't take a QB? Leaving more QB opportunities for the Browns?

Do you know why the Giants would want to go down to only 5 at the lowest?

By the way, thank you for your input

On 4/11/2018 at 11:42 PM, Zerovotlz said:

If it has been posted here or alluded to here somewhere else...I apologize for being redundant if that is the case.

I dunno if it's true but it's a hell of an entertaining soap opera. 

Sounds like the personnel guys are like "let's take Allen, he's got the highest ceiling with those great physical attributes, that's why we have coaches to fix all his flaws" while the coaches are like "who cares how high the ceiling is if he'll never be able to reach it, give us the guy with the best floor and we'll dance with him"

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, crack said:

Yeah I heard it may come down to Mayfield or Rosen for their QB, and it may not be at 1 but could be at 4. Thoughts on that?

Heard coaches want Rosen, but aren’t likely to get their way. Dorsey will make the call, but I do not know who it will be.

• Like (+1) 2

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:14 PM, eball said:

Is this supposed to be funny?

Umm, yeah, that is exactly what it's supposed to be..  Not funny?  My kids loved Beanie Babies growing up, I thought it was appropo.. ;)

Tim-

• Like (+1) 1

Hey Bills fans, I have been a Browns fan since I was 8 years old (1964), so I have seen the good the bad and the ugly. We have been enduring the Ugly for the last decade but more so since 2015 (4-44), and we have been looking for that franchise QB since Bernie Kosar, and the Bills have been since Jim Kelly (Who is in my prayers) so we have a chance to get that QB this year and so do you but you will have to trade up into the top 5, and I believe we will be trading #4, which could be Buffalo's Franchise QB in waiting. 

Most of us on dawgtalkers agree that Darnold should be #1, there are some detractors that would rather draft Allen, or go BPA (Barkley/Chubb), but I am beginning to believe #1 is b/t Darnold/Allen with Darnold being the pick, I also believe #4 is up for trade. I see where you guys think 12, 22 and 65 would make that deal possible, but to move up from 12 to 4 will cost IMO that + one of your 2's (56) and your 2019 1st, before you call me crazy think about it, if your franchise QB is there that would be worth it, (Believe me I would do it if the Browns were setting where the Bills are) you can throw out the draft value chart when teams are trading into the top 5 for a QB. Do you truly want that QB or would you be happy with McCarren and a QB in 2019's draft? These are questions your FO has to answer and soon ... 

Thanks for listening we are both trying to get where we need to be and Congrats on your first playoff appearance since 1999 now we are the team that holds the dubious record of most years without a playoff appearance (2002) ...

Edited by PastorMKC
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, PastorMKC said:

Hey Bills fans, I have been a Browns fan since I was 8 years old (1964), so I have seen the good the bad and the ugly. We have been enduring the Ugly for the last decade but more so since 2015 (4-44), and we have been looking for that franchise QB since Bernie Kosar, and the Bills have been since Jim Kelly (Who is in my prayers) so we have a chance to get that QB this year and so do you but you will have to trade up into the top 5, and I believe we will be trading #4, which could be Buffalo's Franchise QB in waiting. 

Most of us on dawgtalkers agree that Darnold should be #1, there are some detractors that would rather draft Allen, or go BPA (Barkley/Chubb), but I am beginning to believe #1 is b/t Darnold/Allen with Darnold being the pick, I also believe #4 is up for trade. I see where you guys think 12, 22 and 65 would make that deal possible, but to move up from 12 to 4 will cost IMO that + one of your 2's (56) and your 2019 1st, before you call me crazy think about it, if your franchise QB is there that would be worth it, (Believe me I would do it if the Browns were setting where the Bills are) you can throw out the draft value chart when teams are trading into the top 5 for a QB. Do you truly want that QB or would you be happy with McCarren and a QB in 2019's draft? These are questions your FO has to answer and soon ... 

Thanks for listening we are both trying to get where we need to be and Congrats on your first playoff appearance since 1999 now we are the team that holds the dubious record of most years without a playoff appearance (2002) ...

Good post and I agree with this... 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, PastorMKC said:

Disagree completely...here’s why:

If we are trading up to #4, odds are we are not getting our top choice, therefore, we would likely not surrender 3 first round picks...imo opinion our top pick at QB is the ONLY way we give up next years first- which I believe to be San Darnold.

Just now, PastorMKC said:

I think the Browns take Darnold #1. I will be surprised if anything else happens at this point. They are definitely going QB at #1, I have almost zero doubts about that. It could be between Allen and Darnold, but I just don't see it. Allen is such a boom or bust type QB, where as Darnold seems like much more of a sure thing. It's not a coincidence that Darnold is the highest graded QB to enter the draft since Luck. He just seems like a lock to go #1 to me.

I hope you are right about the Browns #4 pick being available. I am worried that they have no interest in trading down with all the picks they already have. I could definitely see them being more interested in getting a couple franchise cornerstone type players than another trade down. 

But if that pick is available and the Bills QB is still on the board, I am all for doing what it takes to move up. I really don't want to give up the 2019 1st because I think the Bills could conceivably take a step back this year and that could be a top 10 pick. I'd much rather throw in another 2nd this year or something along those lines.

When you lol at the draft value chart, the Jets overpaid by about 600 points to move up (and not all those picks were in 2018, somtheir value is likely lower). I expect the Bills to have to do the same. 

So I'm thinking 12, 22, 53 and 65 should do it (or at worst 56 instead of 65).

12, 22, 53, 65 = 2615 points

#4 overall = 1800 points

So that would be just over an 800 point overpayment. All in 2018 picks.

Edited by BillsFan4

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Disagree completely...here’s why:

If we are trading up to #4, odds are we are not getting our top choice, therefore, we would likely not surrender 3 first round picks...imo opinion our top pick at QB is the ONLY way we give up next years first- which I believe to be San Darnold.

I think it depends on whether it is Darnold or someone else. I think the Browns will take Darnold but if the Bills have someone else #1 on their board and they can get him at 4, it’s worth it imo. If it is indeed Darnold, you are right.  

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it depends on whether it is Darnold or someone else. I think the Browns will take Darnold but if the Bills have someone else #1 on their board and they can get him at 4, it’s worth it imo. If it is indeed Darnold, you are right.  

You may be right in the team possibly thinking it could be worth it...I just believe they would be able to get to #4 without giving up 3 firsts- While still offering more ammo than any other team

24 minutes ago, Leroi12 said:

I think the bills may trade up

I think you may be on to something ...:D

Edited by JaCrispy