***Speculation from Brownsboard.com***

I just see no way the Browns don’t take a QB at 1.

Most likely 2 and 3 will draft QB, whether that be the Bills or Giants. I see no way the Giants don’t take what I’m sure is a huge haul from the Bills to draft a non-QB at 2.

11 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I know the Browns and Bills have spoken about the #4 pick.  Also the Browns are pimping Allen to try to raise his stock so that he’ll go in the top 4 and improve the value of that pick - either by going 2 or 3 or a team coming up to 4 for him.  They’re definitely not selecting him.  That’s the one thing this guy has said that I can verify. 

I don't get trying to pimp his value to other teams, that's not going to affect how other teams operate.  I do see floating his name to get your fans hearing a different name other than Darnold.  Dorsey was hot on Baker back in January and that quieted down quick.  If they are going the analytics route, Baker is the clear winner in that regard, but with local media (Tony Grossi) going on a "Manziel" comparison crusade that's really going for boom or bust and outside of a traditional pick.

Honestly if there's one franchise in the league I think could actually consider going with the position player at 1 and taking whichever QB is left at 4, it's the one in position to do it.

6 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

What would be great is if Leroi still worked in Buffalo so we would have some insight into what this FO is thinking and which, if any of these QB's might be worthy of trading up for. 

The front office is likely no longer allowing him access the wastebaskets the "tips" came from.

4 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I don't get trying to pimp his value to other teams, that's not going to affect how other teams operate.  I do see floating his name to get your fans hearing a different name other than Darnold.  Dorsey was hot on Baker back in January and that quieted down quick.  If they are going the analytics route, Baker is the clear winner in that regard, but with local media (Tony Grossi) going on a "Manziel" comparison crusade that's really going for boom or bust and outside of a traditional pick.

They should treat the press as the Bills should as opposition press.

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I know the Browns and Bills have spoken about the #4 pick.  Also the Browns are pimping Allen to try to raise his stock so that he’ll go in the top 4 and improve the value of that pick - either by going 2 or 3 or a team coming up to 4 for him.  They’re definitely not selecting him.  That’s the one thing this guy has said that I can verify. 

Did you hear that from a Bills or Browns source?

Do you have any other inside info?

Not that I would do this but I think the Browns thinking is since we cannot agree on a QB but we can agree on Chubb, you take the guy that's going to help you immediately at 1 in Chubb and since the QB is not going to be playing for awhile anyway you take him at 4.  Chubb will help get after Dalton, Ben, and Flacco immediately.  By the time the QB is ready, you have Garrett, Chubb and the QB all still on rookie deals.  

I'd take the QB first, but taking Chubb 1st is not a terrible idea for the Browns, it's probably just not the best one either.

8 hours ago, crack said:

Did you hear that from a Bills or Browns source?

Do you have any other inside info?

Browns source.  And yes, it’s an inside source.  Subject to all the caveats that goes with that - especially with intentional misinformation flowing so freely this time of year.  Still, he was pretty adamant about the Browns not really wanting Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Browns source.  And yes, it’s an inside source.  Subject to all the caveats that goes with that - especially with intentional misinformation flowing so freely this time of year.  Still, he was pretty adamant about the Browns not really wanting Allen.

Yeah I heard it may come down to Mayfield or Rosen for their QB, and it may not be at 1 but could be at 4. Thoughts on that?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Michael Silver, aka Hue Jackson, hinted on twitter yesterday that Allen won’t be the Browns pick.

I don't know about that--he was very vague from what I saw.

Did you see something more definitive than this?

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Thanks.

Following the whole exchange, seems like Silver is intimating that they haven't decided yet.  Of course, my opinion that it'll be either Darnold or Allen is very unlikely to change :lol:

Or he's offering a shoulder to cry on because they're taking Allen :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

My gut says they are pretty close to evenly split on a few of the QBs and badly want one of Chubb or Barkley.  The Giants could have them spooked that whichever position guy they want won't be there at 4, so they could just take what's left at QB.

The real question would become, is all the Giants interest in Darnold legitimate or is that smoke because Gettleman knows that's Beane's guy and will fetch the biggest price tag.

If the original message is to be believed, Darnold could be as low as 3rd on their board, they have a pretty good idea he's gone at 2, the coaches want Rosen and the FO wants Baker, they could just have the Jets make the decision for them.

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Thanks.

Following the whole exchange, seems like Silver is intimating that they haven't decided yet.  Of course, my opinion that it'll be either Darnold or Allen is very unlikely to change :lol:

I read it as he’s hinting they will be happy, as most don’t want Allen. But who knows.

1 hour ago, crack said:

Yeah I heard it may come down to Mayfield or Rosen for their QB, and it may not be at 1 but could be at 4. Thoughts on that?

You didn’t ask me but I’ll give you the scoop.

The Giants are doing their best to get the Browns to take Darnold,because they want Barkley or Chubb. The Browns know this, most believe Barkley. The Browns want Barkley at 4. The Browns want a QB as well,so there is an internal struggle of what to do.

The Browns love a couple QBs. It’s one of the two they have been linked to not loving.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they took Barkley at 1, then the Giants would be inclined to trade out, and the Browns get one of the two QBs they desire, because the Jets will screw up,as per usual and take Mayfield (and I love Mayfield,he’s just not one of the two best).

Its going to take a lot for us to get to 2, unless we move up to 6 or 7 before the draft. The Broncos are in the spot the Giants want to go back to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

WHAT IF...

Browns want Jackson.  He's the ideal QB to pair with Tyrod.  They take Barkley or Chubb at 1, trade 4 with Buffalo and get a ton of picks, take Jackson at 12, use extra draft capital to trade up from 22 and take another impact player like one of the top CB or S.  Could get their QB plus 3 other 1st round picks if they play their cards right

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, dlonce said:

You didn’t ask me but I’ll give you the scoop.

The Giants are doing their best to get the Browns to take Darnold,because they want Barkley or Chubb. The Browns know this, most believe Barkley. The Browns want Barkley at 4. The Browns want a QB as well,so there is an internal struggle of what to do.

The Browns love a couple QBs. It’s one of the two they have been linked to not loving.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they took Barkley at 1, then the Giants would be inclined to trade out, and the Browns get one of the two QBs they desire, because the Jets will screw up,as per usual and take Mayfield (and I love Mayfield,he’s just not one of the two best).

Its going to take a lot for us to get to 2, unless we move up to 6 or 7 before the draft. The Broncos are in the spot the Giants want to go back to.

I agree with everything except your last part.  I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking Chubb at 5, but they've done their fair share of work on guys in the 12-22 range where they don't currently stand to pick.  There was rumblings a couple of months ago they really like Roquan, they brought Vea in, the latest update was they were doing homework on Marcus Davenport.  I'm sure they'd love Denver to offer as much as we would and still get Chubb at 5, but I don't think Denver has the capital or willingness to do that.

16 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

WHAT IF...

Browns want Jackson.  He's the ideal QB to pair with Tyrod.  They take Barkley or Chubb at 1, trade 4 with Buffalo and get a ton of picks, take Jackson at 12, use extra draft capital to trade up from 22 and take another impact player like one of the top CB or S.  Could get their QB plus 3 other 1st round picks if they play their cards right

It wouldn't shock me.  I think Jackson is higher on team boards than is being reported, I really think his lack of an agent is hurting him when it comes to pre-draft buzz.  I'm not sure how much it would affect him when it comes to scouting, but I think the media and fans would view him differently if he was getting the Allen treatment and had Jordan Palmer pumping him up on a media outlet daily.

It's tough to gauge with Jackson where he really stands, if he's viewed as a top-10 guy then your approach is legitimate, but if he's viewed as more a mid round guy, I think the way to play it is try to go Barkley 1, Chubb 4, then move up from the early 2nd to get Jackson.

It's the Browns though, I wouldn't rule them out from trading 1 or 4, taking one of Baker/Allen/Darnold/Rosen with the pick they keep, then turning around and taking Jackson at 12 with Hue viewing him as an double down at QB who can be used as an "offensive weapon".

• Like (+1) 1