Fred Jackson Signed a One-Day Contract to Retire as a Buffalo Bill

57 minutes ago, folz said:

Kyle is a shoo-in for the WOF...

and Freddie should be too.

A fan favorite. A bright spot in a dismal decade. Eight years as a Bill (more than enough accrued time), inspirational story, fought and clawed for everything he got, 3rd place on Bills all-time rushing leaders list behind only Thurman and O.J.---and most of that done as the number two back, as the team kept trying to move on from him, and with some pretty talented backs in Lynch and Spiller...and yet somehow in the end, Freddie was always the man still standing and even outperforming them. Had a 4.4 yard career average. Went to little Coe college (Marv's alma mater), loved the fans and playing in Buffalo (seeing Freddie run the field with a Bills flag after a great victory, c'mon), he was a very good player who should have been in Buffalo at least one or two more years (damn Whaley!), he was great in the community, great teammate, team leader, etc.. I mean we aren't talking about the Hall of Fame, it's not about comparing him to every RB who ever played the game and saying he wasn't elite. The Wall of Fame is about what you did in and for Buffalo and the Bills, and in my opinion, Freddie definitely has all the credentials for the WOF!

Glad he's doing the deal to retire a Bill!

I honestly had no idea 3rd all most as a Bill. Thought Travis Henry or McGahee had more longevity.

#22 Bills legend Fred Jackson retiring as a Bill is only fitting. The guy while he played was all heart, all class and a mans Man. I love me some Freddy Jackson. Fun to watch run the ball and such a nice Nice Guy by all accounts. 

Fred epitomized what it was to be a Bill. Hard worker, earned every bit of what he had. Went from "who the heck is Fred Jackson?" to, for a year or two, one of the top backs in the NFL.

Excited for him to retire a Bill. Still have my FredEx jersey!

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love Freddie but these things are silly for me.  Also, FJax (through no fault of his own) is just a symbol of how awfully mediocre the Bills have been.

Fred was awesome.

51 more guys cut out of FJ's and KW's cloth  would have netted some winning seasons back then.

Out of curiosity:

How does the one day contract work?  They said that they are working out details of it, are these details regarding the scheduling of the day's activities?  Is he actually paid for his one day contract? 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Fred Jackson Will Sign a One-Day Contract to Retire as a Buffalo Bill
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:25 AM, berg1029 said:

Out of curiosity:

How does the one day contract work?  They said that they are working out details of it, are these details regarding the scheduling of the day's activities?  Is he actually paid for his one day contract? 

If not, I'd suggest that he fires his agent via Twitter.

• Haha (+1) 1

On April 11, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Dr Krentist said:

Never forget

Just checked through the thread looking specifically to see if anyone posted this yet, and you did! 

Would have posted it if you hadn't.

It's the definitive, must-see, Freddy moment in my opinion!

How about this one!?