2018 NFL Preseason Schedule Released - No Detroit Game for the Bills

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

@Boyst62 Carolina?

It's in buffalo. Elsewise hell yeah.  Bar Charlotte is better than whatever place was in Jacksonville that I'm glad I don't remember but probably should so I can avoid it if I ever go back.

PS. Our Applebee's hostess really wants me to come back. 

5 hours ago, The Red King said:

Wilson had a close friendship with the owner of the Lions, and if I recall even lived part of each year in Detroit.  As a result of that friendship, Buffalo always played Detroit the last preseason game.  When Ralph passed away, the tradition apparently ended with him.

We're playing them in the regular season. Probably why we're not playing them in PS.

7 hours ago, The Red King said:

Wilson had a close friendship with the owner of the Lions, and if I recall even lived part of each year in Detroit.  As a result of that friendship, Buffalo always played Detroit the last preseason game.  When Ralph passed away, the tradition apparently ended with him.

Ralph lived IN Detroit. That was his home, not Buffalo. And the Bills/Lions didn’t “always” play in preseason. Only the past 15-20 years at most. Bills history goes back six decades, though most here would never know it. 

13 hours ago, JoeF said:

A thread on something other than the draft....

Tyrod gets us at home in Cleveland

AJ gets to play the Bengals in the key 3rd preseason game ... and Dalton and Boyd get standing ovations from the Bills crowd.  We should make it Andy Dalton and Tyler Boyd day at New Era. 

Cool....

Yeah, for what is an otherwise meaningless exercise (preseason in general), there are some cool storylines.  We also get to see the QB Cleveland selects first against whomever the Bills wind up with for a premature "who made the better choice" analysis.

17 hours ago, Steptide said:

Ya I hear Ya. I watch all the bills pre season games just like most of us, but WHO they actually play is irrelevant. 

I get curious — Cleveland will be a chance to see one of the other rookie QBs, for instance

The Detroit games were probably a Ralph thing seeing as he lived in Detroit & was friends with the Ford family they probably made a friendly wager on the game every year just to keep the preseason interesting .

This year the NFL put the Panthers, Bengals, & Browns in there to keep the trades & coaching thing as part of the story line for the season on who made out better  !!

Edited by T master

4 hours ago, eball said:

Yeah, for what is an otherwise meaningless exercise (preseason in general), there are some cool storylines.  We also get to see the QB Cleveland selects first against whomever the Bills wind up with for a premature "who made the better choice" analysis.

We get to see how the QB we're "grooming" is coming along.

3 hours ago, T master said:

The Detroit games were probably a Ralph thing seeing as he lived in Detroit & was friends with the Ford family they probably made a friendly wager on the game every year just to keep the preseason interesting .

This year the NFL put the Panthers, Bengals, & Browns in there to keep the trades & coaching thing as part of the story line for the season on who made out better  !!

do teams really have a say in who they play preseason?     I smell an Alternate truth in all of t his 

• 5 weeks later...