Murph + Tasker, new show "One Bills Live"

KDIGGZ

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Hopefully he correctly said “couldn’t care less” like the proper saying goes. 

And I listen to WGR from here on the west coast and other than The Instigators I find each show to be pretty good.

As long as I don’t have to hear about your ****ty Sabres.

Yeah, The Instigators is kind of the amateur hour of radio broadcasting.  Unfortunately, it runs two hours.

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Hopefully he correctly said “couldn’t care less” like the proper saying goes. 

And I listen to WGR from here on the west coast and other than The Instigators I find each show to be pretty good.

As long as I don’t have to hear about your ****ty Sabres.

Man, I hate hockey centric talk shows. Incredibly dull. 

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Can't stand jones, he was never prepared and uneducated when talking about players and information in general.

Whether Jones or Murphy is good or bad at their job it doesn't matter. The way the show is designed (and all similar local shows in every football city) it makes it impossible to have a real discussion about the team and players . Both hosts know enough about football  to recognize bad coaching, front office decisions and the talents of the players. But because they are working for the team/organization they  can't explicitly criticize the team/organization. What do you think would happen if Murph or Jones stated that  they thought that Rex was a fool and the bigger fool was the person/s who hired him? Each of the hosts realized the limitations of Taylor yet they tip toed around the issue when discussing his play. It' simply the nature of the beast. You get bland in those type of cooptative  situations 

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

Whether Jones or Murphy is good or bad at their job it doesn't matter. The way the show is designed (and all similar local shows in every football city) it makes it impossible to have a real discussion about the team and players . Both hosts know enough about football  to recognize bad coaching, front office decisions and the talents of the players. But because they are working for the team/organization they  can't explicitly criticize the team/organization. What do you think would happen if Murph or Jones stated that  they thought that Rex was a fool and the bigger fool was the person/s who hired him? Each of the hosts realized the limitations of Taylor yet they tip toed around the issue when discussing his play. It' simply the nature of the beast. You get bland in those type of cooptative  situations 

I like listening to sal, Jones was just had at.

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I'm a Sal C fan. However, I think if he had a full time football show on the Bills he would become softer with his opinions and commentary. I realize Murph has a tough job not straying too far from the company line but he really doesn't add much to the discussion. When a caller harshly criticizes the team he becomes very defensive and is not too adept at engaging the caller. Steve Tasker is a good guy but he is bland. The hockey show with Peters and Revet is much livelier. There is much more personality to this duo. 

On 4/12/2018 at 3:08 PM, JohnC said:
On 4/12/2018 at 2:29 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Ha!...very different opinion than mine.  I can't stand Sal C as a radio host. Sals beat reporter segments are ok. I can listen to all of WGRs hosts except Sal. I liked Jones....I don't listen to hockey talk at all.

What has happened to Taskers Career? How embarrassing. 

Sunk so low you are now a DJ for some local station way up in Buffalo.  Not just a DJ, but a co-dj

What happened Tasker? Really hitting rock bottom. 

We debuted the new One Bills Live with John Murphy and Steve Tasker. Bills GM Brandon Beane discussed preparing for this week's NFL Draft and conducting mock drafts to get ready (24:40). NFL Network/NFL on FOX analyst Charles Davis broke down his mock draft and why he likes Bills QB AJ McCarron (1:40:40).
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/22/2018 at 1:20 PM, Carter said:

Sunk so low you are now a DJ for some local station way up in Buffalo.  Not just a DJ, but a co-dj

I would bet there are thousands of ex-NFL players who would trade post-playing careers with Tasker in a heart-beat.  

I really think people who hate him as a broadcaster haven't listened to him lately.  I completely agree, he was horrible on game broadcasts for his first few years, but he has improved...we all know (I think) that Bills fans are notoriously thin-skinned.  I heard Tasker admit, that early on, he was probably harder on the Bills, during broadcasts, than he should have been, because he didn't want the perception out there that he was a "Bills homer".  He often stumbled over his words...but he doesn't do that near as much any more...

I think the radio show is a good forum for him.  I think he has good insight into the "classic Bills" era (and I think he is pretty frank about their failures), knows the current league very well, and he also has insight into the broadcast aspect of the NFL, which I kind of enjoy. 

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I would bet there are thousands of ex-NFL players who would trade post-playing careers with Tasker in a heart-beat.  

I really think people who hate him as a broadcaster haven't listened to him lately.  I completely agree, he was horrible on game broadcasts for his first few years, but he has improved...we all know (I think) that Bills fans are notoriously thin-skinned.  I heard Tasker admit, that early on, he was probably harder on the Bills, during broadcasts, than he should have been, because he didn't want the perception out there that he was a "Bills homer".  He often stumbled over his words...but he doesn't do that near as much any more...

I think the radio show is a good forum for him.  I think he has good insight into the "classic Bills" era (and I think he is pretty frank about their failures), knows the current league very well, and he also has insight into the broadcast aspect of the NFL, which I kind of enjoy. 

Tasker was as terrible as ever as a color analyst in last year's pre-season games.

He is better as a limited comment guy down on the sideline.  He also speaks much better in a more relaxed setting like a radio show interview.  I can see him being good on this show.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/22/2018 at 2:20 PM, Carter said:

Is he supposed to be broadcasting the football games that arent being played at this time of year?  

On 4/12/2018 at 12:12 AM, Boatdrinks said:

Man, I hate hockey centric talk shows. Incredibly dull. 

I agree for the most part. However, I find Rob Ray's segment to be the best regular scheduled segment on WGR, and I didn't watch one full period of Sabres hockey this year because I find them so boring.

51 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Is he supposed to be broadcasting the football games that arent being played at this time of year?  

If he is forced to work for income, he must be really struggling.  Guy should be retired and enjoying life, instead, he self banished himself up to Buffalo.  

A legend turned into a schlub.