Murph + Tasker, new show "One Bills Live"

KDIGGZ

1 hour ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Tasker is brutal. Reuben would have been much more entertaining. 

I totally disagree... Tasker is brutal at calling games. but when you sit down and talk to him about football in this type of setting I feel he will do very well.

This is his comfort zone.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't mind Tasker when he's talking about football.

Murphy is the absolute worst.  His Wonderlic would struggle to break double digits.  A true rockhead.

Takes one to know one...

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Oh man!   Did you do that all by yourself??

Dang!  Drop the mic bro!!

Stay on topic Weo. This isn’t a thread about intelligence or how fat and ugly Murph is. It’s about a new show with a new host. 

Stop being so critical. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

They should have called the show The Homer Hour

I never got this argument, but hear it all the time.  The studio is located at One Bills Drive, it doesn't get any more "homer" than that.  Would you rather have someone B word about the Bills incompetence throughout the whole show?  We get enough of that here....

• Like (+1) 1

I am on topic. Murphy is a brutal listen. Confuses players names, perseverates on the same topic endlessly with the same company takes.   I get that he has to fill up hours of programming a day and it's the predraft off-season.  But this is where his lack of skills is exposed. 

Tasker will be far more useful to fill the time than Nelson was. 

Tasker once said on a preseason broadcast that it would take multiple 1st round picks to pry EJ Manuel from the Bills.

John Murphy once said when Tyrod signed his 1st contract extension here that he would take Tyrod over Matt Ryan.

Baghdad Bob thinks these two guys are ridiculous homers...

Edited by Billy Zabka
  • Like (+1) 1

I have no problem with a homer slant on a show that is essentially produced by and for the home town team.  It is what it is.  I enjoy most of the guests and homer or not, I learn a lot.  My biggest gripe?  WGR just went to a new service for live streaming online, and my computer doesn't work with it.  I can only listen to the replay atthe official website for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mrags said:

I can no longer listen to the show now. Hearing Tasker say anything that ends in “ation” makes me want to punch a baby. And I’ve never heard someone use the term situation more than him in my life. 

Does the word "process" get on your nerves? :)

3 hours ago, Billy Zabka said:

Tasker once said on a preseason broadcast that it would take multiple 1st round picks to pry EJ Manuel from the Bills.

John Murphy once said when Tyrod signed his 1st contract extension here that he would take Tyrod over Matt Ryan.

Baghdad Bob thinks these two guys are ridiculous homers...

If I had a dollar for every dumb thing said (or typed on TSW) by ANYONE, I'd have retired long ago to my island in the West Grenadines.   

It's human nature for people to think they're smarter than guys getting paid to talk or type.   In true bell curve fashion, though, that's true only about 20% of the time.     And last I checked, TSW ain't Lake Wobegone...

6 hours ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Tasker is brutal. Reuben would have been much more entertaining. 

Truth but Ill take Tasker over Jones ANY day. Those two make it really hard for this Jersey guy to get his Bills fix. 

I think the better show would have been Thurman and Reuben haha

• Like (+1) 1

It took a long time, but I think Donald Jones get better and better, and brought an edge to the show that it severly lacked when it was just Murphey.  I also think Tasker is really good as a radio host, than as a tv broadcaster, in my opionion. Both Jones and Tasker helped bring out Murphey's personality quite a bit, over the last year.  When it was just Murph, it was hard to listen to.  I also think Tasker is pretty well connected in the modern NFL (becaue of his CBS work) it will improve the show.  I don't think many NFL cities have a local radio show, year round, devoted to their team.  There is a good reason for that...there just isn't that much to talk about sometimes.  Honestly, I think Bills fans are being a little hard on the show...you don't have to listen every day, but take some comfort in the fact that it is there when you need a Bills fix.  I live in Cowboys and Texans territory...they have nothing like this year round.

Edited by Buftex

46 minutes ago, PaulieYayo said:

Truth but Ill take Tasker over Jones ANY day. Those two make it really hard for this Jersey guy to get his Bills fix. 

I think the better show would have been Thurman and Reuben haha

Tasker really is pretty good, if you give him a chance.  Hated him as a color analyst on CBS games, but he is good on the radio...

Personally, I liked the idea of Jones...a younger guy, who has played in this era of Bills football.  In Austin (where I live), Ricky Willaims has a weekly show during the football season...he has had guest co-hosts.  Aaron Williams did a few shows with him...he was pretty good.  Wouldn't have minded hearing him on the JMS...but I am good with Tasker too.  He knows he leauge well...and he knows Buffalo.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Just heard Baker say on ESPN he is confident in himself and those who aren't he could care less. 

He'll Yeah , friggin love this kid!

Hopefully he correctly said “couldn’t care less” like the proper saying goes. 

And I listen to WGR from here on the west coast and other than The Instigators I find each show to be pretty good.

As long as I don’t have to hear about your ****ty Sabres.

Edited by Jay_Fixit