Murph + Tasker, new show "One Bills Live"

KDIGGZ

I listen on occasion because I can't get enough Bills talk, but this show should probably be called "The Company Line."  So generic and their opinions very rarely are anything to talk about because they have to spin the company view and outlook.  Can't really say anything controversial at all on that show.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't mind Tasker when he's talking about football.

Murphy is the absolute worst.  His Wonderlic would struggle to break double digits.  A true rockhead.

Just keep Tasker away from doing the games

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

They should have called the show The Homer Hour

It is a Bills show from Buffalo about the Bills....

I don’t listen much unless there is some big news going on since it moved to noon, and if I’m not in high level business meetings :) I have a local show I listen to at that time. But I will stream some interviews on demand now and then. Every market has a show like this, don’t see any issue with it. It’s one of 4 local radio shows they have for the market, there is plenty of negativity to go around on the other 3. I don’t get the “homer” complaints. It’s pretty clear what the show is and isn’t. The rest of the day is filled with the other type of show. 

i can’t stand listening to tasker talk though. I do think he will add more insight as a former player and about the team than Jones. When i have listened, jones didn’t seem to care about the Bills much and said he was a Giants fan. He never came across as anything than an extra guy. He seemed like he never wanted to be there. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

48 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I enjoy the show for the guests (players and such) on their show daily. Living outside of the Buffalo area this helps with knowing them better.

I live in Florida and I felt the same way. After a few months of listening, I just couldn't tolerate it. I look for Bills news everyday...I just can't handle Donald...especially Murph not being objective at all. He's on the payroll and can't handle people criticism of the team and management. UGH!

17 minutes ago, Pre1236 said:

I'm not sure I've ever heard Tasker say anything interesting.  Should be a snooze fest. 

I agree.  Hes been out of the game, the film room and the locker room for 2 decades. 

The most interesting thing the show can bring is relevant player perspective... Jones did that to at least some degree but I think Tasker is going to be offering the perspective of a 1989 locker room 

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Donald Jones out, going to pursue opportunities closer to home in NJ as previously reported.  Tasker takes over

Sweet, now they're  making it easier to transition Murphy off the show.

Hopefully Sal takes over.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Tasker says he bumped into Baker Mayfield at the facility.  "There's stuff going on and it's going to be a lot of fun to talk about"

Just heard Baker say on ESPN he is confident in himself and those who aren't he could care less. 

He'll Yeah , friggin love this kid!

1 hour ago, nickrage said:

Sal C. Needs his own show.

He could carry that 3 hours alone. The occasional co-host would be ok.

Not really.  

He is an expert and speaking a lot while saying nothing, and no one is less tuned into the inner workings of the team than Sal, despite being around those guys 24/7.

He is too much fan, not enough reporter.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

This show might as well be called "National Radio live from Gestapo Headquarters in Berlin."

Having said that, I like Steve Tasker and getting rid of Jones is an instant upgrade.

Steve is God awful at his color analyst job during pre-season, but he is actually much better spoken/more interesting in a more relaxed atmosphere.  I think he will be a lot more interesting in this type of venue.

If he contributes "real world" takes from the perspective of an ex-high end player and tons of stories about the old days with the Bills in the way Rob Ray does about hockey and the Sabres for WGR-550, this show could actually be worth listening to.

I may give it a try for a few days to see what is up.  I had previously boycotted the old Murphy show.

Seig Heil !

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Not really.  

He is an expert and speaking a lot while saying nothing, and no one is less tuned into the inner workings of the team than Sal, despite being around those guys 24/7.

He is too much fan, not enough reporter.

can't wait for Sal to take over.