Murph + Tasker, new show "One Bills Live"

KDIGGZ

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They dont try to hide that they are State Run Media and basically employees of the Bills.

Although they don't try to hide it, many of our esteemed posters here don't know that and feel betrayed when they stumble upon this truth which was so carefully concealed in the open.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't mind Tasker when he's talking about football.

Murphy is the absolute worst.  His Wonderlic would struggle to break double digits.  A true rockhead.

Murphy is one of the brightest guys around.

34 minutes ago, KGun12TD said:

Nothing insightful on that show. Murph is the absolute worst. I don't event care to listen anymore.

I enjoy the show for the guests (players and such) on their show daily. Living outside of the Buffalo area this helps with knowing them better.

• Like (+1) 2

I can no longer listen to the show now. Hearing Tasker say anything that ends in “ation” makes me want to punch a baby. And I’ve never heard someone use the term situation more than him in my life. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This show might as well be called "National Radio live from Gestapo Headquarters in Berlin."

Having said that, I like Steve Tasker and getting rid of Jones is an instant upgrade.

Steve is God awful at his color analyst job during pre-season, but he is actually much better spoken/more interesting in a more relaxed atmosphere.  I think he will be a lot more interesting in this type of venue.

If he contributes "real world" takes from the perspective of an ex-high end player and tons of stories about the old days with the Bills in the way Rob Ray does about hockey and the Sabres for WGR-550, this show could actually be worth listening to.

I may give it a try for a few days to see what is up.  I had previously boycotted the old Murphy show.

32 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Murph is a huge homer, but I wonder....is there any other play-by-play guy doing a show about his team that isn't a homer? Hopefully Tasker can bring at least a shred of objectivity. Either way, they will continue to get the guests we want to hear.

Murph can't hold a candle to John Sterling...

It isn't the most objective but they get decent guests and provide the news of the day, it's worth a 15-20 minute listen if I'm in the car at lunch time. Listening to all 3 hours would be painful.