Buffalo needs, not wants in the draft

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Yes, we do in that we get a couple dozen threads on average per day of mortgaging the future for a QB.  Everybody has a right to input an opinion.  If you dislike freedom of speech then maybe you should look into moving to North Korea or Iran.

Edgy.

I'll take your feels into account next time rachacharob.

I promise.

• Haha (+1) 1

for me its:

1 - QB - I want to see what McCarron can do but we still need to get that franchise guy

2 - ILB - building the front 4 does nothing if they dont have any good LB's

3 - WR - need some speed on the outside

4 - C/OG

5 - OT

6 - OLB

7 - N CB - I think Gaines might be ok for this year but I would like to see them try to upgrade if possable

Edited by Tsaikotic

45 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

So if you trade up to #2 and give away a lot of picks, Who is this "franchise" QB throwing to, who is going to block for him if he even sees any playing time. Josh Rosen is a statue with no blockers, concussions coming. You cannot honsetly tell me that you KNOW Rosen or Darnold are stars and Rudolph and Lauletta are busts. You can tell me Rosen will be awesome, but I can say Rudolph is Kelly 2.0. 

You do realize their is FA next year? And that they don't trade away all first rounders for eternity? 

Rome wasn't built in a day. By dismissing that point you're essentially saying your draft would win now. It wouldn't. They aren't winning next year. So go get the best guy at the most important position and hope he pans out for 10 years. Not mason rudolph. 

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

Ok so if we fill holes by keeping our picks, who's to say those picks will pan out any better than trading up for a top QB? If we miss on the picks we keep, then what? We can't keep taking shots in the dark on 2nd and 3rd round QB picks hoping we  hit the bullseye in the dark. We've been trying that for over a decade minus Manuel and Losman. The common theme for this team's shortcomings has always been the same, lack of a franchise QB. Would you risk yet another failed lower round QB pick for the sake of filling holes elsewhere? No matter how many holes we have now, none is bigger than the QB position

For one thing, a rookie QB will be on the bench in 2018, so no immediate contribution.  If we waste more draft choices in moving up, we will be weak at whichever positions we don't fill, dooming us to a horrid losing season, possible no top pick in 2019 and send us on our way to another set of losing seasons to be followed by more misery and despair.

There is no guarantee that Rudolph of Jackson will be worse then, equal to or even better then any of the top 4.  Of the top 4, who would you select and start with a Barron roster which lacks a solid offensive line, WR targets and that has gaping holes in the middle of our defense.

Please answer these questions in your next post.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

Why do you assume that a QB is a "might" player, but nobody else is? It's all a crapshoot. Everyone you listed could be a bust. 

A bust is so much more painful when multiple picks are used on just one player.  There would be no debate if the Bills were already picking in the top 5.  

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

You’re talking like they would have to trade away ALL their picks to move up. They can move up and still most likely have one 2nd, one 3rd and their late round picks this year. Secondary needs can still be addressed. 

And you want to keep these picks yet draft a 3rd rounder at pick 22. Wow.

Who says Rudolph is a 3rd rounder, I say he is the #1 QB in the draft.

8 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

For one thing, a rookie QB will be on the bench in 2018, so no immediate contribution.  If we waste more draft choices in moving up, we will be weak at whichever positions we don't fill, dooming us to a horrid losing season, possible no top pick in 2019 and send us on our way to another set of losing seasons to be followed by more misery and despair.

There is no guarantee that Rudolph of Jackson will be worse then, equal to or even better then any of the top 4.  Of the top 4, who would you select and start with a Barron roster which lacks a solid offensive line, WR targets and that has gaping holes in the middle of our defense.

Please answer these questions in your next post.

Allen I think is a bust, Rosen is one tackle for IR, Darnold is a turnover machine and Mayfield is a hot head. Of the 4, I would select zero. Rudolph is the guy.

Edited by Tatonka68

43 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Elite qb with no help around him : 7 win team

Good team with below average QB 7 wins at best 

We have been doing the latter for two decades

Assuming one of these guys is elite I agree.   I don't see it. 

2 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Who says Rudolph is a 3rd rounder, I say he is the #1 QB in the draft.

Many draft “experts” have been quoted to that effect. Yours is the fairly unique opinion if you think he’s the top QB coming out. Your reasoning behind that?

While I agree with most of the post, Mason Rudolph is not 1st round material in my book...  I think the Browns might be game to sell that #1... It'll cost us almost everything, but you'll get Darnold.... When AJ gets destroyed behind our junk o-line, you can finish the tank, (a year too late) with Peterman...

58 minutes ago, #34fan said:

While I agree with most of the post, Mason Rudolph is not 1st round material in my book...  I think the Browns might be game to sell that #1... It'll cost us almost everything, but you'll get Darnold.... When AJ gets destroyed behind our junk o-line, you can finish the tank, (a year too late) with Peterman...

Everything coming from everywhere for the last few months has indicated that the Browns are 100% NOT willing to sell the No. 1 Overall pick.

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Many draft “experts” have been quoted to that effect. Yours is the fairly unique opinion if you think he’s the top QB coming out. Your reasoning behind that?

Four year starter, accurate, great leader, excelled against quality competition . 66% completion percentage, great deep ball, zone read offense, great size.

Cons of Big 12 is a joke as no one says that about Mayfield who played in same conference.