Browns like Allen, Jets like Mayfield, Top 2 QB's might fall

KDIGGZ

QB are gonna end up going 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and then the 4th guy likely 5th to 7th.    No way these 4 QB fall out of the top 7 or 8 picks.  Someone or multiple teams will jump up and get one.  Teams need QB that bad.  

8 minutes ago, KRT88 said:

QB are gonna end up going 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and then the 4th guy likely 5th to 7th.    No way these 4 QB fall out of the top 7 or 8 picks.  Someone or multiple teams will jump up and get one.  Teams need QB that bad.  

We have AJ and Peterman. We are fine.  We are going to fill all our holes. I’ve read that here....     :)

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

On April 11, 2018 at 8:57 AM, kdiggz said:

This could be good or it could be bad.  In this scenario, if Giants then take Darnold then the only top qb left will be Rosen and he could go at 5 to the Broncos if nobody wants to trade with us.  Or it could be good if Giants don't take a QB as then one of the top 2 QB's will be available for us.  Or it could be really good if the Giants and Broncos pass on QB's.  Then we would have our choice.

Yes, I realize some people will say "those aren't the top 2 guys, I like Mayfield."  Well the fact remains that these are ranked by most people as the 2 top QB's and they don't have the question marks that Mayfield (size) and Allen (accuracy) have.

Very interesting.  Can't wait to see how this all plays out!

That is the best case scenario. If we have a chance to sell the farm to pick Darnold I would be ecstatic. It would also be great to trade for Rosen outside of the top three.

• Like (+1) 1

I am starting to lean towards the Giants hoping Allen goes one so they can rake us over the coals for Darnold at 2.

If Darnold goes one, the Giants take Barkley...

Jets take Allen or Mayfield and Buffalo trades up to five to take Rosen.

I'm almost starting to see the logic in not trading up to third overall.

I posted this in another thread, but I think Giants have fallen in love with Barkley. I would be really surprised if they traded back now regardless of who Browns take. If that's the case we can lock in the first 3 picks now and it's best case scenario for us.

1. Allen

2. Barkley

3. Mayfield

Then we look to trade up to 4 but I think Browns love Chubb. 5 is a possibility but I think Elway would take Darnold in that situation. At 6 the Colts were adamant about staying in the top 10 so they might just take Nelson there and be happy. 

4. Chubb

5. Darnold

6. Nelson

So 7 is where we would have our first opportunity to trade up. Give Tampa pick 12 and 53 and maybe a late round pick and get the best QB in the draft plus still have pick 22 to get a MLB.

7. Rosen

22. LVE

What a 1st round that would be! Lock up the 2 most important positions on the team in the same round.

Edited by kdiggz