Browns like Allen, Jets like Mayfield, Top 2 QB's might fall

KDIGGZ

This could be good or it could be bad.  In this scenario, if Giants then take Darnold then the only top qb left will be Rosen and he could go at 5 to the Broncos if nobody wants to trade with us.  Or it could be good if Giants don't take a QB as then one of the top 2 QB's will be available for us.  Or it could be really good if the Giants and Broncos pass on QB's.  Then we would have our choice.

Yes, I realize some people will say "those aren't the top 2 guys, I like Mayfield."  Well the fact remains that these are ranked by most people as the 2 top QB's and they don't have the question marks that Mayfield (size) and Allen (accuracy) have.

Very interesting.  Can't wait to see how this all plays out!

• Like (+1) 1

Mark my words. Allen will fall. 

Browns, Jets, Broncos all head coaches on the hot seat out surely this year if their new QB doesn’t show significant progress in year 1.

Plus, Browns flopped on QB so many times, doubt John Dorsey is interested in maintaining that reputation. The Allen smokescreen makes sense. 

Also, if you follow Mock Drafts very year, you should know Mel Kipers is consistently one of the least accurate mocks every year.

Edited by BillsMafioso

Just now, BillsMafioso said:

Browns, Jets, Broncos all head coaches on the hot seat out surely this year if their new QB doesn’t show significant progress in year 1.

Plus, Browns flopped on QB so many times, doubt John Dorsey is interested in maintaining that reputation. The Allen smokescreen makes sense. 

Also, if you follow Movk Drafts very year, you should know Mel Kipers is consistently one of the least accurate mocks every year

OK, marking your words.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsMafioso said:

Also, if you follow Mock Drafts very year, you should know Mel Kipers is consistently one of the least accurate mocks every year.

Can I ask a question that always comes to mind when I read something like this:

What advantage does it give the team drafting #1 to create smokescreens?  How does this help them at all?

I 100% believe Allen is their number one quarterback.  He is the exact model of what Dorsey and Jackson have looked for in quarterbacks.

But seriously, the #1 pick smokescreen?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

What advantage does it give the team drafting #1 to create smokescreens?  How does this help them at all?

I 100% believe Allen is their number one quarterback.  He is the exact model of what Dorsey and Jackson have looked for in quarterbacks.

The only thing I can imagine is if Browns think the Giants want the player and could switch places and pick up an extra pick.  Unlikely, of course.  

18 minutes ago, BillsMafioso said:

The QBs drafted by those three teams aren't even expected to play their rookie season besides MAYBE the Jets. I don't think the QBs they target have anything to do with coaches being on hot seats.

14 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Theoretically they could be trying to drive up interest in the #4 pick by making it seem like Allen is a can't-miss prospect. I ultimately think they'll keep both of their picks though.

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They also have the no. 4 pick, so they are really saying that so another club panics when they don´t draft QB at 1.

The Giants like Darnold, so if he's there, they likely pick him. If the Browns take Allen, it's much more likely QB's go 1, 2, 3 without another trade. Puts us in a really touch spot, especially if the Brows won't trade out of 4. And Denver could take QB too. 

1 minute ago, BrotherChazz said:

The Giants like Darnold, so if he's there, they likely pick him. If the Browns take Allen, it's much more likely QB's go 1, 2, 3 without another trade. Puts us in a really touch spot, especially if the Brows won't trade out of 4. And Denver could take QB too. 

Based on draft insiders. Who knows what's truth. Browns may be spreading that info so a team that wants Darnold pays a ransom for the #1 pick because they know they can get Allen at 4.

52 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

People should believe Ghosthunters before they believe pre draft “leaks.”

Are you saying that when Ghost Hunters plays audio of pure static and the host swears he heard a disembodied ghost voice screaming "get out of here and take your buddy with you!", you only hear static?

58 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

This could be good or it could be bad.  In this scenario, if Giants then take Darnold then the only top qb left will be Rosen and he could go at 5 to the Broncos if nobody wants to trade with us.  Or it could be good if Giants don't take a QB as then one of the top 2 QB's will be available for us.  Or it could be really good if the Giants and Broncos pass on QB's.  Then we would have our choice.

Yes, I realize some people will say "those aren't the top 2 guys, I like Mayfield."  Well the fact remains that these are ranked by most people as the 2 top QB's and they don't have the question marks that Mayfield (size) and Allen (accuracy) have.

Very interesting.  Can't wait to see how this all plays out!

I'm seeing it as really really good. Let's say for the sake of argument the rumor mill is right. I easily see the draft like this:

1. Allen

2. Chubb

3. Mayfield

4. Possible trade/Barkley/Fitzpatrick

5. Nelson

6. Nelson/Chubb//Barkely/trade

7. Trade spot

Minimum 3 spots to jump up potentially. 1 QB off the board I wouldn't want anyway in Allen. The biggest worry I have in this scenario is a team like the Cards jumping up here to snag a QB. Minimum of one of Darnold/Rosen stand a real chance of sliding right to easy range for us. Love it.

On 4/11/2018 at 1:00 PM, No Place To Hyde said:

I'm seeing it as really really good. Let's say for the sake of argument the rumor mill is right. I easily see the draft like this:

1. Allen

2. Chubb

3. Mayfield

4. Possible trade/Barkley/Fitzpatrick

5. Nelson

6. Nelson/Chubb//Barkely/trade

7. Trade spot

Minimum 3 spots to jump up potentially. 1 QB off the board I wouldn't want anyway in Allen. The biggest worry I have in this scenario is a team like the Cards jumping up here to snag a QB. Minimum of one of Darnold/Rosen stand a real chance of sliding right to easy range for us. Love it.

I said it before and will say it again..Allen and Mayfield are built to play in the northeast or midwest...but both are one year projects.p.s.- I love Allen's quick release..quick bullet like.