4-11: Dane Brugler Talks NFL Draft on WGR

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

This is completely incorrect.  To say their is no correlation to college stats and future NFL success is wrong. 

You wont find a lot of quarterbacks that have found big time success in the NFL who:

Started less than 25 games in college

Won less than 20 games in college

Had a winning pct under 60%

Had a comp % under 57%

Threw for less than 200 yards/gm

Threw for less than 1.5 Tds/Gm

and threw more than 1.0 int/gm

There are anomalies in every case, but to say it cant be used as some sort of predictor of future success I think is inaccurate.

On the field play may trump stats, but in many cases you cant have one without the other.

The stats he quoted mean nothing as I posted the1st time. 

See Manziel as a prime example: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/johnny-manziel-1.html

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

The stats he quoted mean nothing as I posted the1st time. 

I see your point on the Rudolph stats.  My only point here is this, if I am trying to decide between two guys like Jackson and Rudolph I am generally going to go with the guy with stats closer to the average of quarterbacks who have found success in the league. 

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I see your point on the Rudolph stats.  My only point here is this, if I am trying to decide between two guys like Jackson and Rudolph I am generally going to go with the guy with stats closer to the average of quarterbacks who have found success in the league. 

Scouting by stats will lead to a wasted draft pick on a guy like Mason.   Jackson is much more talented and played in an NFL system with more complex route combinations.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

No confusion. Just analyzing as much as possible and prior performance has to at least count for a little something, doesn't it? I'm NOT saying it is at all a primary deciding factor... just a factor. Rudolph 65% and 5,000 yds... Allen 56% and 1,800 yds. last year.  Just something to look at.

This makes sense.

Overall I think you can use stats to strongly argue certain players won't work out (guys like Allen who didn't produce), but there's no correlation between elite production and NFL success. 

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not buying into the late hype for him either. 

I take every QB review this time of year with a grain of salt. So many "experts" with opposite opinions. You never know who is being paid to shill for certain players by agents.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I take every QB review this time of year with a grain of salt. So many "experts" with opposite opinions. You never know who is being paid to shill for certain players by agents.

I don't.  I watch prospects under game conditions to see whether analysts' assessment matches. 

58 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Jackson is garbage. Please look at the games he played against quality defenses and not his padded stats against Duke. TaxSlayer bowl 13 of 31 171 yards and 4 INT's. He is just a gimmick QB who pads his stats against under talented undisciplined defenses. He is Tyrod/RGIII 2.0.

I agree, also like to add.

His lower half really gets me, makes me wonder if he ever worked his lower half of his body. Big NFL players landing on him will break him in half IMO.

Sadly it would be so Billsy to take him and screw up such a good QB class to pick from. The others do well in the NFL and the one we get is on IR most of his career if he even finishes his first contract. Run Jackson Run, I can imagine everyone cringing everytime he runs in hope he doesn't get snapped in half with those toothpick legs.

Edited by xRUSHx