Who would you draft and where?

Bfanlc

If can trade up and get Darnold then get it done.  If not then sit with picks and take L.Vanderesch at 12 and M.Rudolph at 22.  Get interior offensive (Ragnow, Corbett, J.Daniels, T.Crosby) and defensive linemen (B.Hill, B.Nichols, J.Jones, D.Senat) in the 2nd-3rd rounds along with some other good players (R.Penny, D.Chark, D.Armstrong, F.Warner, R.Freeman) that can develop into quality starters in the future.

• Like (+1) 2

Get one of the top 4 QB's. Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen is my order of preference. Drop off from Darnold and Rosen to Mayfield and Allen is big IMO, so I would move up if possible to get one of them at 2 and give up picks rather than wait and see if one falls or they move up to 6.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Jets paid too much for 3. You'll never get 4 with that. 

Not seeing the difference in Mayfield or Darnold. Allen maybe is behind.

I'd like to see Ridley...and Guice or Michel. Ol are a dime a dozen in the draft. And take the qb that falls to you at 12 or Jackson at 22. I'd pay to see those guys play in a bills uniform.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

Jets paid too much for 3. You'll never get 4 with that. 

Not seeing the difference in Mayfield or Darnold. Allen maybe is behind.

Jets paid 27% over the normal price. Using the Jimmy Johnson point system, the 4th pick is worth 1800 points. The 12, 22, 65 is worth 2,245. It's almost EXACTLY the same deal. That is the exact trade value it would take to get it done

http://buffalonews.com/2018/03/27/play-nfl-draft-pick-trade-simulator-calculator-darnold-rosen-allen-value-jimmy-johnson-chart/

the only problem being is if Cleveland is not interested in dropping that far down.  going from 4 when you know you are getting either Chubb or Barkley to 12 where most of the top guys are already gone since no more teams after 5 will be drafting QB's is a big drop.  sources online have stated that the Bills have already made similar offers to the Giants and were turned down multiple times.  Giants not interested in falling that far and Browns might not be interested either.  apparently the deal with Colts was never reached because they were trying to figure out if they were ok with dropping that far and then meanwhile the Jets came in and they only had to go down 3 spots to do a deal with them so that was preferrable.

I think the perfect world (and still reasonable) draft is getting Roquan at 12 and then trading 22 + 53 or 56 for #14 or 15 pick to take Lamar. Use the remaining 2nd round pick on maybe a WR or TE, 3rd round pick on Nathan Shepard. I'd be very happy with that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

Rosen at 4. Whatever it takes. I would assume 12 and 22 would get it done. Give them their 3rd back as well if they are being babies. DO IT!!!

My thought exactly.  12 / 22 / 65 for 4, we get Rosen.  Browns can use some from their war chest to move up from 22 and get elite prospects at 12 and in the move up.  We have all our 2019 picks and have a full draft this year for "holes".

I don't trade up for a quarterback.  I roll with McCarron/Peterman in 2018.   (I don't think any of the qbs are *worth* the trade-up, personally.)  

Based on their visits and meetings with players, I'd go Smith and 12, Guice at 22.  I think Smith is a find at LB that the Bills shouldn't pass up.  Guice gives the Bills a two-headed monster at RB.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

Lets say its a perfect world and every guy that you wanted(logically lets not get all crazy here) fell to the Bills draft spots, who would you take?

Josh Rosen, easily (and there's a longshot logic, sometimes a groupthink will infect gms and players drop). I don't buy the question marks on his intensity. As many experts have said, if he were not committed, he would not have played football at a major program.

For a more likely scenario, I'll go Roquan Smith. They seem to be looking to get a LB of the future as well as a QB and he just feels right (ok, not the most compelling argument). 

If somehow Quentin Nelson dropped, would grab him in a heartbeat, and that has nothing to do with RI's retirement.

Edited by thurst44

I know I am in the minority of Buffalo fans, but there are too many needs on this team (Tackle, Guard, QB, WR, LB, CB) for this team to give up high draft choices to go up and get a QB.  If a quality QB drops to us at 12 or 22, then we select one and with the other choices we get folks to fill the other holes.  A new QB can not play behind the O-Line that exists today.  

• Like (+1) 1