WOW is our OL ever in shambles

Bakin

2 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

far as i can see he had 2 holds and one sack for 16 games last year.....i believe that to be ok, at least for me.

If watch them play and maybe it's just my background but it appears they were limited in certain areas with him at Center The guards do a lot of covering for him. According to FWIW  Bodine graded out as the 28th best center and also  according to PFF  was the NINTH best center in free agency. For a guy that is only 26, that's an indictment on his ability. If you want durability.... great. If you want ability.... IMO he is lacking tremendously.  Just coaching 9 of 17 years @ OL at the JC level does not make me an expert by any means. I just look at it differently and respect your opinion even if I disagree. I just want WR's, QB, OL and LB's that are good enough to compete this year.   Go Bills !!!!!!

6 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

He is a bit erratic.  He reworks his contract to stay here and play with they guys he knows.  Gee, he sees his center and his OT go.  A lot of other older players (even Darby for a 3rd) get shipped off for any draft pick (Darby was pretty good. Cost a 1st, and was sent out for a 3rd !!).  Gee, I've been a fool. They just wanted to lower my cost and I'm off to a new city at my age. Screw it!!!   I think that is what happened.

Darby was a first?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Weak

He took as many sacks as Stafford.  Rodgers took 22 sacks in 7 games.

Those guys must hold on to the ball too long.

Tyrod's sack % was much higher than both of those guys. He was indecisive and held the ball too long, that does not help the o line. Like I said, the line wasn t very good but he did not make them look better, if anything he made their jobs more difficult.

9 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Tyrod's sack % was much higher than both of those guys. He was indecisive and held the ball too long, that does not help the o line. Like I said, the line wasn t very good but he did not make them look better, if anything he made their jobs more difficult.

Yes, the 1/3 of 1 second  (literally, the time to blink an eye) longer TT took to pass the ball than those two QBs really messed with the Bills O-line's stats..

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/10/2018 at 8:51 PM, Tcali said:

how about if the team agrees to pay for any future kidney or liver transplants?? could we squeeze another yr or two out of him?

Ralphs cheap

22 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Mills is an above average run blocker (although not a mauler by any definition.) But I can honestly say he might be one of the worst pass blockers in the NFL certainly as a starter. I think as a backup he isn't bad to have on the roster but going into the season with him as a starter is nearly criminal. Granted I have faith in the GM to address it because they did bring in Dawkins as the intended RT last season, it proves they aren't comfortable with Mills since Cordy's injury is the only reason Mills got starts last year. 

I agree with assessment on Mills.

But i do not have faith in Bills to address it. should have been done last year.

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes, the 1/3 of 1 second  (literally, the time to blink an eye) longer TT took to pass the ball than those two QBs really messed with the Bills O-line's stats..

It certainly didn't help make them 'look better' as you ascertained.

23 hours ago, Logic said:

Dawkins - rookie - Groy/rookie - Ducasse/Miller - Mills/McDermott

That's how I see it right now. I think they add rooks at LG and C and give Miller a chance to win the RG spot in camp. Here's hoping McDermott's a diamond on the rough. They liked him enough to stash him on the active roster the second half of last year without him ever playing a snap.

McDermott is the key to the line this year. If he pans out , we will have  the tackle position in hand. Groy at center and Ducasse and Miller at guard.

13 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

It certainly didn't help make them 'look better' as you ascertained.

The point is that that tiny fraction time had no impact on their stats.  TT's scrambling ability saved him form more sacks.

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The point is that that tiny fraction time had no impact on their stats.  TT's scrambling ability saved him form more sacks.

Tell directv you need a second box to watch Browns games.      

You can can still watch Tyrod stink it up for another half a season 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Tell directv you need a second box to watch Browns games.      

You can can still watch Tyrod stink it up for another half a season 

Direct TV??  Move out of your double wide, bud....

47 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Ralphs cheap

I agree with assessment on Mills.

But i do not have faith in Bills to address it. should have been done last year.

They did try to address it last year, they had Glenn at LT and drafted Dawkins to play RT. Mills was not intended to be the starter going into last season. So I don't get where this perception that the current administration lacks care for the O-line comes from. Going into last season they had a line of Glenn (A dam fine LT when healthy) - InCog (A good LG coming off of 2 probowls) - Wood (An above average starting center) - Miller (A young guard coming off of some pretty decent seasons) - Dawkins (A 2nd round pick they traded up to get)

Glenn got hurt and Miller regressed beyond reasonable expectation, that is what caused the O-line to regress. The construction of last years O-line to start the season was not bad at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I own a house so I have cable.

No can do.  

Didn't realize house ownership and cable were correlated. I own a house and have Directtv w Sunday ticket, am I doing it wrong? :lol: