I don’t know about Beane but I believe in McDermott.

When you talk about character then you talk about McDermott. I believe in his intensity and focus. His commitment is second to none and I could go bible when I talk about him. Proverbs 24:10 is what comes to mind. 

“If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.”

I’m not worried about this team. Have faith, we’re in good hands and we won’t fail. It’s not the end results that is rewarding, it’s the journey, it builds character and character is what sustains. Our future is bright, the road is rocky but we’re gonna get there and when we do it will be joyous.

Go Bills!
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

When you talk about character then you talk about McDermott. I believe in his intensity and focus. His commitment is second to none and I could go bible when I talk about him. Proverbs 24:10 is what comes to mind. 

I’m not worried about this team. Have faith, we’re in good hands and we won’t fail. It’s not the end results that is rewarding, it’s the journey, it builds character and character is what sustains. Our future is bright, the road is rocky but we’re gonna get there and when we do it will be joyous.

Go Bills!

wSGy.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

For me it's the total opposite... I favor Beane over McDermott... this guy was trying to keep us from making the playoffs last year. 

I agree...Even though I like McD, Beane seems like the brains behind the operation.

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I agree...Even though I like McD, Beane seems like the brains behind the operation.

...the ONLY way this organization succeeds is if McBeane/McD/McDaboll operate as a team.....of course there will be differing player decisions, but at the end of the day, they need to come to a broad consensus on personnel.....look at the DonoHOLE era......the egotistical, control freak, who HAD to be named "El Presidente", first in club history and how he operated...."here are your players...YOU make it work".......and he hired an obvious subordinating greenhorn like Greggy at a whopping 900 grand a year who kissed "El Presidente's" arse.....I'm responsible for what happens between the white lines and YOU are supplying MY players with ZERO input?......sounds like and WAS a winner right?....set this organization back years IMO....

2 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Go Bills!

elmergantry.gif

IllHotEasternglasslizard-size_restricted

serious note. I like McD, hard to dislike an Irishman.

I think McDermott has issues when people are not his own and it does not cost him money.  Several good coaches were let go last year when he was signed, replaced by his own picks and some of them let go after one year.  He dumped the scouting department with many good scouts and then brought 3 of them back.  If he was given a budget and told that he had stay within it including money paid to ex-employees let go maybe he would have taken more time to determine if this staff would work.  Compare that in Indianapolis when incoming HC kept coaches signed by prospective coach who backed out with tail between his legs.   For some open wallet is NOT a good thing.

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

serious note. I like McD, hard to dislike an Irishman.

I agree - if you are a bartender and Irishman pays tab on time.

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I think McDermott has issues when people are not his own and it does not cost him money.  Several good coaches were let go last year when he was signed, replaced by his own picks and some of them let go after one year.  He dumped the scouting department with many good scouts and then brought 3 of them back.  If he was given a budget and told that he had stay within it including money paid to ex-employees let go maybe he would have taken more time to determine if this staff would work.  Compare that in Indianapolis when incoming HC kept coaches signed by prospective coach who backed out with tail between his legs.   For some open wallet is NOT a good thing.

I agree - if you are a bartender and Irishman pays tab on time.

...if that is the case, then we have the WRONG guy in McD.....and if McBeane caves to this, we have TWO wrong guys.......do you know how costly and time consuming it is to transition from "their guys" to "my guys" based on who put them on the roster?....Ego 101......look and Schultz......he came in as DC with a philosophy in mind BUT adapted to the personnel he had to work with...RESULT: not too bad IMO......

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...if that is the case, then we have the WRONG guy in McD.....and if McBeane caves to this, we have TWO wrong guys.......do you know how costly and time consuming it is to transition from "their guys" to "my guys" based on who put them on the roster?....Ego 101......look and Schultz......he came in as DC with a philosophy in mind BUT adapted to the personnel he had to work with...RESULT: not too bad IMO......

It is why I changed my name from Koolaid to Limeaid - he soured me on what he was doing.  We had a GOOD OL coach Aaron Kromer and assistant OL coach and a GOOD WR coach Sanjay Lal.  He signed his buddy Juan Castillo and drove off OL coaches: I am convinced that most of blocking issues were due to him not Dennison.  He signed coach from Eastern Carolina who convinced him to sign Jay and then let him go after a year.  He brought in a new DB coach and then fired him in a year.   Maybe all the one year coaches were coaches who not get along with the process or maybe McD just made quick decisions to dump coaches and then hired who was available.