LA Darnold Workout Speaks Volumes

theRalph

Some of us are waking at 3AM every day to see if the Bills have further traded up. That hasn't occurred as yet, but a 10-ton hint to this part of "the process" was dropped yesterday when reports surfaced that the Bills' top evaluators would travel to USC to work out Sam Darnold this Friday. When I heard this from Mike Schopp, I was compelled to call to say that the Bills must know they can get to #1 or #2, or why would you spend valuable pre-draft time vetting a QB you've no chance of drafting. Mike agreed, as did morning host Jeremy White this morning. Howard Simon questions, though, how can the Bills get to 1 or 2 from 12? Well, here's a bold prediction:

1. Browns select Josh Allen with the first pick.

2. Browns trade the 4th pick to the Bills with a big price tag. We've all heard what that price might be (12, 22, 53, 65...hopefully not 2019 first rounder also).

3. Bill trade the Giants the 4th pick, plus their remaining 2nd round pick (56) for the #2 pick.

4. Bills select Sam Darnold with the second pick.

5. Jets select one of the remaining QBs with the third pick.

4. Giants either select Bradley Chubb with the fourth pick, or trade down a few slots with any QB hungry team, with the assurance that Chubb will be available at 5, 6, or 7...maybe further.

We'll see.

Edited by theRalph
typo
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Pre1236 said:

Crazy days for sure. After all this if they end up staying put at 12 it will be a huge letdown. And the draft still seems sooooo far away.

It's going fast.  It seems like last week that the Jets traded to #3 and that was when there were 40+ days left to go.  Next week at this time we will be saying "NEXT week at the draft......."

Not happening. Too many holes to fill to not keep at least a normal slate of picks. Darnold may be just due diligence or there is a possibility he could experience what some would consider a "fall" to make him attainable to us. You can bet your a** though that they will not ransom this whole draft to move up 10 slots.  

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Just give me one of the top 3 guys.......if you can do that without trading away all of our picks that would be great.

We also need WR's, LGs, and OL

and MLB

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Not happening. Too many holes to fill to not keep at least a normal slate of picks.

There are holes on every team. There will always be holes on every team. And, in this case, the Bills proactively created some of those holes. It, indeed, is happening.

Nah. What if the draft goes 

1.Allen

2.Rosen

3.Mayfield

Beane are we trading up to 4 with the Browns and taking Darnold? I don't know Terry we didn't work him out, can you stop calling me so I can watch his YouTube clip before I call Dorsey!?

it's not the most likely scenario but it's just Beane and company doing their jobs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Makes me wonder if the Bills are really moving up to 1, and not 3, or 4... Maybe that was the plan all along... The Bills two firsts, plus next years first,  plus some lesser picks and we move in to the #1 spot

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Makes me wonder if the Bills are really moving up to 1, and not 3, or 4... Maybe that was the plan all along... The Bills two firsts, plus next years first,  plus some lesser picks and we move in to the #1 spot

We move up to #1 and take Darnold before the Giants can.

Giants QB choice is gone at 2, they engage the Browns for a swap of 2 and 4 while picking up pick ~65

Browns take Allen at 2

Jets take Baker 3

Giants take Barkley 4

Broncos take Chubb or Nelson at 5

Colts take Chubb or Nelson at 6

Pats trade to #7 and take Rosen