Think plan A ..for the bills

23 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Incognito himself said if the money was right he would play one last season in 2018.

Until he went to the doctor....

He accepted his contract. He stated that the deal passed him off, but he signed it. And that his retirement had nothing to do with that. That it was strictly medical

4 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Until he went to the doctor....

He accepted his contract. He stated that the deal passed him off, but he signed it. And that his retirement had nothing to do with that. That it was strictly medical

Ok I most of misunderstood them on the radio this afternoon.  They made it sound like he just said that today.  Just one question though.  Why did shady offer him 300k to play this year then?

Edited by Zebrastripes

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It would be ridiculous and shortsighted to alter QB draft plans based on the retirement of RI at 34 years old as discussed in other threads.

...guess this would be the 2ND time plan has been altered with the 1st being when Wood retired, right??......if Richie was in their long term plans, why negotiate a pay cut?....makes perfect (COUGH) sense to me....

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...guess this would be the 2ND time plan has been altered with the 1st being when Wood retired, right??......if Richie was in their long term plans, why negotiate a pay cut?....makes perfect (COUGH) sense to me....

Wood retiring is why Bodine was signed.  RI signing is likely why Groy is now listed as a G on the Bills' website. 

3 hours ago, TucsonBillsFan said:

This is what happens when the bills hire ..madden coaches and GM.. As Of .. Do what you want and see what happens later mode

Too much to handle happens later .. And later is now.

Well at least they started off great. prove me wrong Guys

Tucson BF...get inside nand away from the  hot desert and get some hydration, and relax please...how long have you been a fan of this team, to come  down to such an assessment? :wub:

Edited by BuffaLoko

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok true. But if you NEVER Swing and miss at QB you are DONE as an NFL GM as well

specially when you pass on two last year to set this plan in motion 

better to strikeout swinging than to just stand there watching.

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Very much agree that if Richie actually is gone that OL will be bumped up the list.

But not past QB. 

Yes, it is indeed a great idea ... assuming it is a guy who they believe have a good shot at becoming a franchise QB.

The 12th pick could be a Franchise QB, the 22nd pick could be a Franchise QB, Nate or AJ could evolve into a Franchise QB.

Edited by Tatonka68

1 hour ago, Zebrastripes said:

Ok I most of misunderstood them on the radio this afternoon.  They made it sound like he just said that today.  Just one question though.  Why did shady offer him 300k to play this year then?

News to me. I have no clue. When did this supposedly happen?

2 hours ago, horned dogs said:

Plan A is go up and get Josh Rosen

Plan B is go and get Sam Darnold

Plan C is go and get Baker Mayfield

Plan D ,with the remaining picks , trade back acquire some more picks

Plan E fill the hole at LB, OL, WR and other positions of which we will have plenty of picks after plans A,B,C

Plan  F watch the waiver wire and remember that you can't build a team in one year

Remove ‘D’ and Im with you. 

2 hours ago, horned dogs said:

I think it is the right thing if you can move down a few spots and add some picks. Especially given the needs.

Im really with the stay at #12 bunch, see what happens and hopefully reap the benefits of 2 picks in the first round, and the 2’s and 3’s.  Of course if draft night comes along and we can get ‘our’ guy, move up some and get him. IMO we have enough quality picks, but I do see your point. Im thinking Beane will be in attack mode with his picks to build this team, and if he moves anywhere its up.

12 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

The 12th pick could be a Franchise QB, the 22nd pick could be a Franchise QB, Nate or AJ could evolve into a Franchise QB.

Sure, it's possible. 

Just progressively less likely as you move down.

If any of those happen, I would be absolutely thrilled.