Two starting lineman gone. Are you still open to trading a 2019 1st?

Ramza86

19 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Let's just say building a team is like trying to build a great Hamburger. The QB is the meat, any great Hamburger starts and ends with the meat. You can add Bacon, Chedder, carmelized onions, tomatoes, relish and it enhances the burger.

Hell, a great bun is important too, more like the defensive ends and cover guys in importance though. A good bun with all the enhancers is more like a BLT not a great Hamburger.

Please go get the  best meat!

THIS ^^^^  Awesome analogy - especially cuz it is lunch time but an excellent analogy - great post!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Stay the course.

My bet is that Ritchie reconsiders at the reduced pay. He’s just having an out of reality experience from the roids today. Maybe the Bills toss a couple more bucks at him to allow him to save face.

Money doesn’t fall off of trees, and he’s not that rich. If he doesn’t reconsider, McBean has had a plan in place.

Edited by George C

"See a hole, throw a top pick at it!"

"Let's roll with a crap QB, but make sure we have a couple top prospect rookie O-linemen to develop!"

I expect them to make O-line a bit bigger of a priority in the draft, but getting a QB is top priority. Pick up a veteran or 2, guys that have already been developed a bit. Rookie O-lineman usually take a while to develop, so I don't think panicking, and changing your top priority is wise.

Edited by OJABBA

I would not trade next years #1!  This team needs all the help in can get.  If we end up with a top 5 pick because we traded all our picks for a QB who might end up Blake Bortles.  That would set back franchise 5 years.  Keep next years #1

Just now, OJABBA said:

"See a hole, throw a top pick at it!"

"Let's roll with a crap QB, but make sure we have a couple top prospect rookie O-lineman to develop!"

I expect them to make O-line a bit bigger of a priority in the draft, but getting a QB is top priority. Pick up a veteran or 2, guys that have already been developed a bit. Rookie O-lineman usually take a while to develop, so I don't think panicking, and changing your top priority is wise.

We still need a starting MLB and a starting WR too.  They say if you land 2 quality starters, that is a great draft.  Landing 3 quality starters is rare, especially when you trade off all your high picks

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Just wondering what you guys think. Its a tough sell for me now. 

Imagine taking a guy like Rosen with health issues already and some key holes on the O line. 

Could be a rough year and a rough record. We could be giving up a high pick next year if the 2019 1st is offered. 

d41ef076838f64268d290be60355bc07.jpg

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

I would not trade next years #1!  This team needs all the help in can get.  If we end up with a top 5 pick because we traded all our picks for a QB who might end up Blake Bortles.  That would set back franchise 5 years.  Keep next years #1

We still need a starting MLB and a starting WR too.  They say if you land 2 quality starters, that is a great draft.  Landing 3 quality starters is rare, especially when you trade off all your high picks

They also say "If your quarterback sucks, nothing else matters".

If they start a rookie QB this season is likely a write off, s how important is it to have all these other pieces in place for a lame duck season?

Edited by OJABBA

20 years of QB suck for this franchise, and still there are people that would rather "fill other positions of need and let another second-rate QB fall to us possibly" in a draft with this much QB talent.  Give the entire draft away and next years as well if you have identified a guy that you feel confident can be your starting QB for the next 15 years.  Lock up the MOST important position on the field and then build the supporting cast.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

They also say "If your quarterback sucks, nothing else matters".

If they start a rookie QB this season is likely a write off, s how important is it to have all these other pieces in place for a lame duck season?

It is very important.  If we overspend this and next draft on a QB we have a good shot at first pick next draft- but we traded it.  Take a look at that offensive depth chart.  Are you telling me that Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield/Allen is going to fix that offense?  Me personally I would let draft come to me.  If a QB slid to 6 or so, then I would make a move.  But I would not panic if QBs went 1-4.  I would build team and it would be very close.  And next season I would overpay for a QB.  We could afford that luxury because holes would be filled this draft

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Curious you had to go back to 2002.  Where 4 players threw for over 4,000 yards and the NFL TD leader had 28 touchdowns.  This past season there were 8 4,000 yard passers and 7 players with 28 TD's and more.  In 2016 there were 13 players with more than 4,000 yards and 9 players with 28 TD's or more.  It is a completely different game now.  Just like the NHL and NBA are different than they were 20-30 years ago.  The same things that won back then don't necessarily win now.  Do I need to pull up the QB stats from 1990 and 1985?