Two starting lineman gone. Are you still open to trading a 2019 1st?

Ramza86

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

OK now name all those examples of back up QB's winning superbowls.. 1990 Giants had a backup...

No matter how many times you slice it. Teams with better than average QB situations make the playoffs more often and represent in the Superbowl more often.

Yes you can have anomalies but nobody plays their cards on anomalies they play the odds

a better then average QB would not represent Buffalo in Superbowl on his own. They need help.   A QB will not stop 4 and goal from the 3 with :02 left.  We need offense.  We need defense.  We need special teams.  Balance is nice.  Andrew Luck is a top QB(and probably better then any QB in this draft).  Well he hasn't done much in his career- because he doesn't have the team.  Give me the team over the QB.  Give me the Vikes roster over the Colts

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Lol. Lets just say the bread is the offensive line. Without those two lovely little covers there is no hamburger and its just exposed...rotting slab of meat. 

Nah. It's just Atkins friendly then. An offense without a bun(defense), can still be very enjoyable with the right enhancers.

17 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

So, just suck this season, so you might be in a better position to draft a QB, because you sucked? But you don't want to suck because your Oline is crap, you want to have an okay Oline, and suck because the QB sucks?

Don't worry, they are gonna suck this season either way, so why not get the QB now?

I said to get the QB now. The 2019 pick though is the last thing that should be added. That’s the best asset. Start with 12, 22, 53 and 65. That’s a big offer. Add assets from there (96, 56, next year’s 3rd, etc...). 

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

a better then average QB would not represent Buffalo in Superbowl on his own. They need help.   A QB will not stop 4 and goal from the 3 with :02 left.  We need offense.  We need defense.  We need special teams.  Balance is nice.  Andrew Luck is a top QB(and probably better then any QB in this draft).  Well he hasn't done much in his career- because he doesn't have the team.  Give me the team over the QB.  Give me the Vikes roster over the Colts

Yeah ok.. You have your opinion.  but your post and your replies failed to change the fact that the majority of playoff and superbowl teams require a better than average QB.

Your odds go up significantly with the QB.....  The team around the QB can be filled much more easily than getting a solid QB

Edited by ddaryl

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

100% would be open if we think he’s the guy 

I second this! 

The OL can be filled in on short notice hopefully in some kind of acceptable manner, and then improved upon over time.

The key, as always, is the QB.

5 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Once again,you're assuming the new QB will the greatest thing since sliced bread.

In fairness, aren't you assuming the same about any other position player you take instead of a QB? Is it any more of a guarantee that 1st round OL, LB, WR, etc., is going to pan out?

Just now, Fadingpain said:

I second this! 

The OL can be filled in on short notice hopefully in some kind of acceptable manner, and then improved upon over time.

The key, as always, is the QB.

Truly, you’ll never hear a GM say “we saw a franchise qb but we are just really weak at LG and couldn’t make the move”

Just now, K-9 said:

In fairness, aren't you assuming the same about any other position player you take instead of a QB? Is it any more of a guarantee that 1st round OL, LB, WR, etc., is going to pan out?

You are 100% correct...but I wouldn't be giving up my remodeled kitchen to take a player.

2 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Just wondering what you guys think. Its a tough sell for me now. 

Imagine taking a guy like Rosen with health issues already and some key holes on the O line. 

Could be a rough year and a rough record. We could be giving up a high pick next year if the 2019 1st is offered. 

Yep get a top QB

I think you keep your picks and grab 1 O-lineman with one of your first picks if he is worthy of a first pick.  Without a good O-line it doesn't matter who your QB is.  Remember David Carr as a rookie, the guy got destroyed and never was the same!!

Year Team G GS Passing Rushing Sacked Fumbles
Comp Att Pct Yds Y/A TD Int Rtg Att Yds Avg TD Sack YdsL Fum FumL
2002 HOU 16 16 233 444 52.5 2,424 5.8 9 15 62.8 59 282 4.8 3 76 411 21 7

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

You are 100% correct...but I wouldn't be giving up my remodeled kitchen to take a player.

That remodeled kitchen sure looks nice attached to that shanty. 

• Haha (+1) 1