ESPN: Josh Rosen isn’t going to just “shut up and throw” and has big plans for his NFL career

On 4/10/2018 at 1:01 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Rosen won't get out of the top 5.

This.  All this BS around him is just hyperbolic clickbaiting, or the nature of the pre-draft football-freak beast... has he had concussions? sure.  Legitimate concern.  Translates into being injured last year.  Okay... but... what, you don't want a confident QB?  It offends you that the dude is a very intelligent human being?  Who is far and away the most polished passer in the draft?

I will eat my Bills hat if he lasts longer than 5.  Not gonna happen, imo.

I just think the "GM reality" of him greatly differs from the "Fan Hater" reality of him: the evidence speaks for itself, except if you want to hate... which is fine, go forth and conquer and all that... maybe you're right and I'm wrong, but if you win six championships, I will win seven! :D

I don't know if he was being genuine or just saying what his agent told him to, but I thought he came off well in the interview. He seemed less like an entitled, arrogant, SJW douche, and more like a curious 21 year old with some self-awareness about the limitations of his wisdom.

Also, he didn't say he was going to win 6 titles, he said that was his goal. Why shouldn't you aim to be the best?

Again, i don't know if this was genuine or just PR, but I like him a lot more after reading that.

The guy wants to win 7 super bowls huh? Then why didn't he win more in college? Tom Brady, he ain't!

Although, I happen to like the kid as he wore a Fu*k TRUMP hat while playing golf at one of Trumps courses.

Rosen played three years at UCLA, 8-5 the first year he played in all 13 games. Lost to Ariz St, Stanford, Wash St, USC and lost their bowl game to Nebraska. 

He only played in 6 games his sophomore season as he was running for his life in those 6 games before a shoulder injury shortened his season.  UCLA went 4-8 that year. 

His Junior year he played in 11 games but suffered two concussions too. UCLA finished 6-7 and lost their bowl game to Kansas St. 

Looking at UCLA during Rosen's time there they did have a bad defense, bad O line, bad run game. Yet one of his receivers had 1264 yards receiving, 9 TDs last year.

Now looking at the current state of the Buffalo Bills offensive line without Glenn, Wood and all pro Cogs. The remaining O line players on the roster are very questionable. Drafting a rookie QB with the thinking he needs to start in 2018 would be about the most foolish thing this FO could do this upcoming season.

This FO better have a plan to add some quality offensive linemen or those 5 picks in the first half by Peterman might become a weekly issue no matter who is starting at QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The guy wants to win 7 super bowls huh? Then why didn't he win more in college?  Tom Brady, he ain't!

Yes, so tell me all about Tom Brady's college triumphs! :rolleyes:

The rest of your argument makes sense to me, but you kinda led with the BS, imho.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Yes, so tell me all about Tom Brady's college triumphs! :rolleyes:

The rest of your argument makes sense to me, but you kinda led with the BS, imho.

Brady had only two game starts in 96 and 4 game starts in 97.

When Brady played a full season at Michigan during his junior year the Wolverines went 10-3 while WINNING the Citrus Bowl against Arkansas.  

His senior year at Michigan Brady went 10-2 while WINNING the Orange Bowl against Alabama! 

Before you say someone is leading with BS you should do a bit of research. 

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Brady had only two game starts in 96 and 4 game starts in 97.

When Brady played a full season at Michigan during his junior year the Wolverines went 10-3 while WINNING the Citrus Bowl against Arkansas.  

His senior year at Michigan Brady went 10-2 while WINNING the Orange Bowl against Alabama! 

Before you say someone is leading with BS you should do a bit of research. 

10-3 and citrus Bowl is not synonymous with success in the big 10. Neither is 10-2 frankly, 2 reg season losses in the big 10 is failing, mediocre at best. 0-1 losses and a chance at the national title is success.  He was a 6th rd pick for a reason. And a total outlier.

if you want to parade around college success pick a guy like AJ McCarron. The point is it doesn’t matter when it comes to nfl success. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

10-3 and citrus Bowl is not synonymous with success in the big 10. Neither is 10-2 frankly, 2 reg season losses in the big 10 is failing, mediocre at best. 0-1 losses and a chance at the national title is success.  He was a 6th rd pick for a reason. And a total outlier.

if you want to parade around college success pick a guy like AJ McCarron. The point is it doesn’t matter when it comes to nfl success. 

Seriously,  Et Tu, Yolo?

Dude, the guy was basically a rookie in 98!  In 1998 in Brady's first year of starting, Michigan went 10-3, and the Wolverines finished 12th in the AP Poll. WON their bowl game against Arkansas! 

In 1999 Brady's second year of starting the Wolverines went 10-2 and finished 5th in the final AP Poll. WON their bowl game against Alabama! 

The entire point was that Brady was a WINNER in college too. I can only think that if he had played a full four seasons of college ball he would have won a National Championship. 

I happen to think winning does matter and no matter what team you find yourself surrounded by. 

As for AJ, he has had his time on the bench to develop so he should be ready to carry the team. Although, I don't know if any QB is going to have success this season if the team doesn't upgrade that offensive line. They traded away their elite starting LT, the all-pro LG is retiring and so is that center who was also pretty darn good. Scrubs aren't gonna cut it and particularly so should the team draft Josh Rosen like you want. 

45 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Seriously,  Et Tu, Yolo?

Dude, the guy was basically a rookie in 98!  In 1998 in Brady's first year of starting, Michigan went 10-3, and the Wolverines finished 12th in the AP Poll. WON their bowl game against Arkansas! 

In 1999 Brady's second year of starting the Wolverines went 10-2 and finished 5th in the final AP Poll. WON their bowl game against Alabama! 

The entire point was that Brady was a WINNER in college too. I can only think that if he had played a full four seasons of college ball he would have won a National Championship. 

I happen to think winning does matter and no matter what team you find yourself surrounded by. 

As for AJ, he has had his time on the bench to develop so he should be ready to carry the team. Although, I don't know if any QB is going to have success this season if the team doesn't upgrade that offensive line. They traded away their elite starting LT, the all-pro LG is retiring and so is that center who was also pretty darn good. Scrubs aren't gonna cut it and particularly so should the team draft Josh Rosen like you want. 

Brady was an afterthought in the Big 10. I would compare him to the Hornibrook kid who is at Wisconsin now. 

• Like (+1) 1

On April 10, 2018 at 11:20 AM, Thurmanator 12074 said:

He is a Idiot. This guy will flame out, why not come in humble and listen and learn. Guys like this never work out. Talk about putting pressure on yourself. Even if you believe you will win more championships then Brady you should never say it out loud. We’re is Troy Vincent when you need him. You think the Vets like that kind of talk. This guy will end up like Ryan Leaf, lots of talk and no brains. 

Great point!  

No one just starting his professional career was more cocky, stubborn, and sure of himself than Jim Kelly, and look how that turned out! 

Wait.  Never mind.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Brady was an afterthought in the Big 10. I would compare him to the Hornibrook kid who is at Wisconsin now. 

If Tom Brady was an afterthought, then what does that make Rosen? A guy who lost his first bowl game. Didn't even play in the second bowl game for fear of another concussion. 

The point still remains that Brady won in college and he did that with only two seasons of college ball. Two seasons, two bowl games, both wins.

What has Josh Rosen accomplished at UCLA that makes you believe him when he boasts he can be better than Tom Brady? I don't know about you but I've had my fill of false bravado and blowhards spewing bluster and boasting of what they can do before they do it with our big mouth man Rex Ryan.

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Great point!  

No one just starting his professional career was more cocky, stubborn, and sure of himself than Jim Kelly, and look how that turned out! 

Wait.  Never mind.

Nobody back then boasted publically of being better than anyone else that I can recall. All QB's think they are the best at what they do... as they should. Kelly was no different from any of them. 

The difference being is that every player on the team had the guys back and they loved him. That can't be said about Rosen where it's been reported that some of his teammates can't stand him.

"Rosen: “He’s the one I know the best—he’s got size, athletic tools, velocity. He’s just a mess off the field and he’s coming off the injury. He needs to grow up, but the talent is off the charts.”

And yet Rosen has also showed signs of immaturity—two years ago he and some friends rearranged a neighbor’s lawn ornaments in sexually suggestive positions—and just plain poor judgment. Since arriving at UCLA he has set off a social media firestorm over presidential politics, deleted at least one provocative Instagram post and been forced to apologize to the school. The coach is constantly asking Rosen whom he wants to be: Peyton Manning or Johnny Manziel?"

https://thebiglead.com/2017/05/04/nfl-scout-and-executive-on-josh-rosen-tons-of-issues-and-a-mess-off-the-field/

11 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Peyton Manning won 0 titles in 4 years as Tennessee's starter.  Tee Martin won the title the year after he left.  I'd say Jim Mora has more to do with UCLA's lack of success than Rosen. 

I look at Josh Allen and see a kid who was also on a bad team but managed to elevate his play enough to win games and win their bowl game. It seems all Rosen could do was get injured a lot. He also had something that Allen didn't have which was a 1264 yard receiver with 9 TDs. 

15 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Peyton Manning won 0 titles in 4 years as Tennessee's starter.  Tee Martin won the title the year after he left.  I'd say Jim Mora has more to do with UCLA's lack of success than Rosen. 

Manning 8-4 in his first season and won the Gator Bowl against VT.

Second season 11-1, won the Citrus Bowl against Ohio St.

The third season 10-2 won Citrus Bowl against Northwestern

Fourth season 11-2 lost the Orange Bowl to Nebraska

The Vols won a lot of games with Manning as the starting QB. 

I agree that UCLA was a bad team during Rosen's time there. Wrong choice don't you think?

23 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I look at Josh Allen and see a kid who was also on a bad team but managed to elevate his play enough to win games and win their bowl game. It seems all Rosen could do was get injured a lot. He also had something that Allen didn't have which was a 1264 yard receiver with 9 TDs. 

I agree that UCLA was a bad team during Rosen's time there. Wrong choice don't you think?

No.  Peyton is viewed as one of the best QBs of all time.  The year after he left the team he couldn't win the title with won the title.  I don't think the guys around Rosen were anywhere near that level and it got Mora fired.  Was Ken Dorsey better than Aaron Rodgers?

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

I heard that Trump is going to show up to Rosen’s first game wearing a F*#* Rosen hat.

Just a rumor at this point.

That insecure, tiny handed man would do something like that.  But I’m shocked an Alabama fan would be a Trump person. Shocked!!!

18 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Haha.  Yes, Rosen was clearly the problem with UCLA.  Not the Bruins 117th ranked defense.  If Rosen was any good, he would have led the Bruins to 40 points/ game instead of 32.5 (which includes games he didn’t play in).  What a bum!!!

some of you are working way to hard to hate on him because for whatever reason, you don’t like his personality. 

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That insecure, tiny handed man would do something like that.  But I’m shocked an Alabama fan would be a Trump person. Shocked!!!

Don’t think so. It was a joke.

Wearing a hat that says F@:* Anybody is a special kind of idiocy.

Edited by Sky Diver