With Ritchie Retiring, is the Season Over?

Season Over Without Ritchie?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Season Over Without Ritchie?

50 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Not really aggravated at the discussion, just need the draft to get here.

I don't disagree with some of your points but I do disagree that he can't get emotional about the QB. I don't think emotional is the right word though. I think determined is more like it. The QB position is undeniably the most crucial part of an NFL team. Beane should be determined to get the guy he wants. If he wants Rudolph then fine. If he wants Rosen, then he should not be worried about moving up. He should not settle for his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th choice because that is likely to end up being the wrong choice. (unless he is extremely lucky aka Belichick).

100% agree. QB remains the #1 priority by a mile. Remember that we just dropped Richie's salary too so we will likely be adding another veteran OL soon.

You guys are panicking over Richie. LMAO. This team had no offense before they lost Richie. The offense is not going to do anything this year even with Richie. They just don't have the talent. You guys don't understand how much crap was covered up by Tyrod being a runner. I don't see how any QB they have on the roster, or any of the top rookies, except Mayfield or Jackson can do anything with this offense. You guys are just now seeing that because they lost an old overrated guard who got beat all the time in pass pro? Richie was only smoke and mirrors because he could pull in the RPO. They aren't running a RPO with Peterman or McCarron. Who ever pays QB this year is going to get killed if he has to play in the pocket and that's true of whoever they draft.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Should Beane now STAY at 12 and take McGlinchey, take Will Hernandez at 22 and then take Mike White/Kyle Lauletta in the 2nd and start McCarron next season?

Right, b/c everyone knows the magic ingredient that makes any football go is the left guard.

:lol:

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

He may have been one of the best pulling guards in the league last year..go rewatch some of the games that you have on your dvr.

Because the Bills ran a RPO and teams have to account for Tyrod. People don't understand how much crap was covered up by Tyrod because they hate him. Watch Richie in pass pro.

Edited by CuddyDark

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I think the devastating news of Richie retiring has left the team in such a state of peril, that Pegula will ultimately fold the team or put in the paperwork to move so he can start fresh.

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

Not really aggravated at the discussion, just need the draft to get here.

I don't disagree with some of your points but I do disagree that he can't get emotional about the QB. I don't think emotional is the right word though. I think determined is more like it. The QB position is undeniably the most crucial part of an NFL team. Beane should be determined to get the guy he wants. If he wants Rudolph then fine. If he wants Rosen, then he should not be worried about moving up. He should not settle for his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th choice because that is likely to end up being the wrong choice. (unless he is extremely lucky aka Belichick).

I don't have the market cornered on being right. But as my wife LOVES to point out to me, everyone has the right to my opinion. 

With all intended self-deprecation. We disagree on some of the finer points and I can live with that. QB is clearly the most important position not only in football but in all sports; I'm not that stupid but only bordering on it. 

Bring on the draft. Before another Bills player retires, for chrissakes.

Ritchie Incognito retiring changes nothing for me. 

I was already expecting the Bills to take a step backwards in 2018, and I was not anticipating a return to the playoffs.

Making the postseason was an unexpected bonus last year.  But  I did not consider it a mark of a massively improved team.  We got extremely lucky with a 9-7 record and an incredibly weak AFC.  In most years, we would have been sitting at home watching the Jaguars play someone else. 

This team has been in rebuild mode since the day Brandon Beane traded away Sammy Watkins.  Bringing back guys like Incognito and Kyle Williams was nice for veteran leadership.  But neither of these guys will be around if/when the Bills finally turn this thing around and become contenders. 

5 hours ago, KGun12TD said:

I just had a drink with a really short guy in a top hat and a green outfit...he said we will be fine and there is something at the end of the rainbow for us. Not sure what he meant, but he seemed really nice.

Was it the Great Gazoo? Tell him he ruined the Flintstones.

• Haha (+1) 1