• Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia
    • Braden Smith, G, Auburn
    • Anthony Averett, DB, Alabama
    • Jerome Baker, LB, Ohio State
    • Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma
    • Josey Jewell, LB, Iowa
    • Mark Walton, RB, Miami

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It's weird that a vote by the masses could possible make sure a terrible choice..........

I cant figure out the strategy.  Is it bpa or reach for positions of need?  A little of this and a little of that and we are staring at using our first 3 picks on a developmental qb, depth dt, and ANOTHER slot wr.  I don't hate any of the players I just don't think the value is what it should have been.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I've been marking up the Matt Miller board with who went where at what pick if it helps you guys.

Thanks!  that will help.  Any particular reason you chose his board?  I used drafttek as I liked it a little more but wondering if Miller usually runs a pretty accurate one or if it was just ease.  Either way thanks that will help my write up!

1 minute ago, section122 said:

I cant figure out the strategy.  Is it bpa or reach for positions of need?  A little of this and a little of that and we are staring at using our first 3 picks on a developmental qb, depth dt, and ANOTHER slot wr.  I don't hate any of the players I just don't think the value is what it should have been.

Thanks!  that will help.  Any particular reason you chose his board?  I used drafttek as I liked it a little more but wondering if Miller usually runs a pretty accurate one or if it was just ease.  Either way thanks that will help my write up!

I think it’s been mainly been BPA of position need at positions of glamour honestly 

1 minute ago, section122 said:

His board is the closest to mine and he has a lot more players evaluated than my amateur butt.

And for the record, my Bills picks in this draft would've been:

12 - Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College

22 - Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State

53 - Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon

56 - Dante Pettis, WR, Washington

At 65 & 96 I'd bee looking at the best remaining DT's & LB's, Maybe RB if one is significantly higher than the other 2 positions.

this teams biggest need is LB after addressing the wr position earlier in round 2. I think Jewel is the perfect fit for the bills right here. need and talent. I really like ragnow but I dfont feel its a huge need right now. Would be a luxury pick when other positions need to be addressed. Same with Chubb

I definitely would not be happy with this draft 

I feel Laundry is more of a 3-4 OLB because of his limited size but whatever. 

Rudolph at 22 - OK - you can't mess around and not get a guy

Crosby - not a fan

Pettis - hopefully we get better value here. 

watched last night on NFL network - Harold Landry lived in Spring Lake, NC, I worked at the middle school there for several years and drive through the town every day on my way to work.  I'm going to follow that kids career as a result.   

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

His board is the closest to mine and he has a lot more players evaluated than my amateur butt.

At 65 & 96 I'd bee looking at the best remaining DT's & LB's, Maybe RB if one is significantly higher than the other 2 positions.

Why edge at 12 when we have Lawson, Hughes, and the new guy we threw all the money at?

Just now, Virgil said:

Why edge at 12 when we have Lawson, Hughes, and the new guy we threw all the money at?

Landry is one of 2 EDGE guys that I like in the 1st this year. Upgrade from Shaq day 1. The LBs I'd want were gone by 12, the QBs as well. Landry adds quality depth to the pass rush rotation in his rookie year, and makes an existing edge player expendable by year 2 imo.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Landry is one of 2 EDGE guys that I like in the 1st this year. Upgrade from Shaq day 1. The LBs I'd want were gone by 12, the QBs as well. Landry adds quality depth to the pass rush rotation in his rookie year, and makes an existing edge player expendable by year 2 imo.

Landry would be a pure luxury pick, IMO.  We have much greater needs.  Hughes and Murphy (and rotational/depth guys Lawson and Yarborough) should suffice at DE this season.

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Landry would be a pure luxury pick, IMO.  We have much greater needs.  Hughes and Murphy (and rotational/depth guys Lawson and Yarborough) should suffice at DE this season.

Reaching for need would be a far worse decision imo. Ideally we would move up, but no trades. If we didn't move up and those players were left my next move would be trade back, but again, no trades.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Reaching for need would be a far worse decision imo. Ideally we would move up, but no trades. If we didn't move up and those players were left my next move would be trade back, but again, no trades.

Agreed.  No way I’m taking LJ at 12.  That to me is crazy.  I would have preferred a trade back in that situation....but again.

52 minutes ago, garybusey said:

I went with Crosby the T.

I have much more faith in Groy holding down the center position than Trueblood/Mills holding down the RT position.

we also have Bodine, who I think gave up very few sacks/pressures last year.  We are okay on the interior.  Crosby is a day 1 starter and like you said, a huge upgrade over Mills.  

Although I just saw that Richie is threatening retirement.  In which case, the pick here has to be Ragnow, a C/G.  Day 1 starter also.  Although, if Gory or Bodine can play G, perhaps you go Crosby due to the tremendous value of finding a starting OT this late in the draft.  Crosby could also replace Richie.  

I've confused myself now.  

Edited by RyanC883

17 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That makes sense.  The board looks good and I appreciate the help running it.  you too @Virgil.

Not a bad draft but according to our mock you could get Landry at 22.  Does that change your mind on Jackson/Rudolph at all?  

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Agreed.  No way I’m taking LJ at 12.  That to me is crazy.  I would have preferred a trade back in that situation....but again.

Yeah with the ability to trade I think the BIlls are burning up the phone and getting Rosen in this scenario.  Unfortunately some jerk had to pick him right before Buffalo's pick. :bag: