Given USC QB's & Bills/USC History @ QB ...

T master

49 minutes ago, T master said:

Seeing as the last decent not great QB to come out of USC was Carson Palmer i can't see why all these so called experts are saying that Darold is suppose to be this all encompassing, fantastic, super QB because if you look at the history of QB's coming out of that school its not real impressive ! Although this article says he will be more likely than all his predecessors to be a great QB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000925604/article/why-sam-darnold-will-be-best-nfl-quarterback-to-hail-from-usc

Just a few have even made it in the NFL but most have been a flop . Palmer, Lienert, Sanchez, & who ever else you can put on that list & the one from the Bills past that should be remembered most & was nothing spectacular for sure that caused some of the biggest up evil in the Bills history was from USC also Rob Johnson :doh: !!

I can't really say what makes a great QB because i'm just a fan but given what history has proven most all of the great ones (except a small handful the Mannings, Elway, & who ever else once again that you all can think of) came from later picks in the draft.

Most all of the great QB's have come at a better value in the draft than the first over all picks those names are easy to remember Farve, Brees, Kelly, Marino, Rogers, Wilson & on & on. 

I guess given the history of QB picks good & bad a like along with what the Bills have this year as far as the number of picks in the draft i hope they stay with what they have & get the guy that falls to them with a better value & not so much risk given the Bills history of moving up to get their guy hasn't been all that great of decisions for sure.

GO Bills !!

Look at the history of QBs coming out of Wyoming, it’s even worse!!

18 minutes ago, kdiggz said:
Friday, April 14, 1995 (age 22)
image.jpeg.edac758359f4535c8e3bea8881dd2502.jpeg

Friday, August 9, 1985 (age 32)
image.jpeg.82fd6699df06b5e9a2d65ab50099c275.jpeg

OMG, Baker is off the board. The guy on the bottoms throwing motion is out of sync, lazy feet, weight transfer and poor accuracy. He also had problems reading defense's locking onto his main target and letting the ball rip with very little touch on his passes. His WR's also dropped a lot of passes in college and the NFL, if I say the name of the QB in this draft that he really reminds me of I will be called ignorant. 

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

What I'm getting out of this thread is that Jamarcus is only 32, going on 33 this summer.

If we can sign that guy I'll bet he has a good 7-8 years left, especially given the lack of hits he has taken in recent years!

Purple Drank vs. TB12?

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Again with this "QBs from USC" crap?

yeah well the Bills in our history DID draft a USC QB by the name of Dennis Shaw #16 waaay back in the day. AND today we are exactly 16 days from the 2018 NFL draft...coincidence? hahaha

Yeah, because if one thing history has shown us, it's that where a QB went to college matters.  I wonder, OP, without looking it up can you name single University with more than 1 hall of fame QB who went there or more than 1 considered a franchise QB currently?  Didn't think so. 

By reversing this logic, all RBs coming out of USC will be great. You've got OJ, Marcus Allen, Frank Gifford, et al. 

Ergo, it's appropriate to select Ronald Jones with Buffalo's highest pick.

Sometimes this board resembles (in digital form) the scene in Monty Python's Holy Grail where they are debating whether someone is a witch.

Edited by BillsVet

2 hours ago, T master said:

Seeing as the last decent not great QB to come out of USC was Carson Palmer i can't see why all these so called experts are saying that Darold is suppose to be this all encompassing, fantastic, super QB because if you look at the history of QB's coming out of that school its not real impressive ! Although this article says he will be more likely than all his predecessors to be a great QB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000925604/article/why-sam-darnold-will-be-best-nfl-quarterback-to-hail-from-usc

Just a few have even made it in the NFL but most have been a flop . Palmer, Lienert, Sanchez, & who ever else you can put on that list & the one from the Bills past that should be remembered most & was nothing spectacular for sure that caused some of the biggest up evil in the Bills history was from USC also Rob Johnson :doh: !!

I can't really say what makes a great QB because i'm just a fan but given what history has proven most all of the great ones (except a small handful the Mannings, Elway, & who ever else once again that you all can think of) came from later picks in the draft.

Most all of the great QB's have come at a better value in the draft than the first over all picks those names are easy to remember Farve, Brees, Kelly, Marino, Rogers, Wilson & on & on. 

I guess given the history of QB picks good & bad a like along with what the Bills have this year as far as the number of picks in the draft i hope they stay with what they have & get the guy that falls to them with a better value & not so much risk given the Bills history of moving up to get their guy hasn't been all that great of decisions for sure.

GO Bills !!

Logical discontinuities and false reasoning. Let me offer an analogy about a prospect from an earlier time: "Because no great boxer ever came out of Louisville, this Cassius Clay kid will never amount to much."

• 1 month later...

The ONLY relevance to this is that if you Quarterback a big prestigious school like USC you are likely to garner a high profile and level of attention regardless of whether you can play. It has happened in the past that this has translated to them being overrated and overdrafted but ultimately those guys fail because they are not good or go into a bad situation and can't handle it.  They do not fail because they played at USC. Mark Sanchez could have played at West Tinpot State and he would still have sucked in the NFL.  

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'd put my money that Darnold's ceiling is probably Carson Palmer. I think he's simply got more play making ability than the other SC scrubs. Way too early to speculate. 

I see Darnold's ceiling as Tony Romo and his floor as Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

On 4/10/2018 at 8:57 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Let's not evaluate individual prospects in a given draft year and instead rely on history to dictate future actions with regard to player acquisition.  This is simply ridiculous!

Is it ridiculous though? Time after time highly touted QBs from USC come out and people say the same thing you just did. And time after time USC QBs flop. Now I fully understand that Sam Darnold is a different player and person than the guys that came before him and I will concede that I think he could be an excellent player in the NFL. But it does at least warrent a "buyer beware" tag.

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

Is it ridiculous though? Time after time highly touted QBs from USC come out and people say the same thing you just did. And time after time USC QBs flop. Now I fully understand that Sam Darnold is a different player and person than the guys that came before him and I will concede that I think he could be an excellent player in the NFL. But it does at least warrent a "buyer beware" tag.

Yes.

• Like (+1) 1