ESPN says we overpaid for Star

stuvian

12 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Didn't Damon Harrison get a similar deal as Lotulelei? Premium run stuffing DT, 50 million seems market value for those players.

Wait! Are you saying ESPN could be.....wrong? Could that be???

?

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Logic said:

I mean...the Bills have to spend the money SOMEWHERE! 

Even with the "overpaid" Star Lotulelei under contract, Buffalo STILL has $76 million in cap space in 2019 -- second most in the league.

You have to spend the money somewhere!

There is no logic in this post.

16 hours ago, Logic said:

I mean...the Bills have to spend the money SOMEWHERE! 

Even with the "overpaid" Star Lotulelei under contract, Buffalo STILL has $76 million in cap space in 2019 -- second most in the league.

You have to spend the money somewhere!

This reminds me of the old commercial (Checkers I think) that said “You Gotta Eat”. Implied is that you might as well just eat our slop....I think? Our next door neighbor worked for whatever company came up with that, but I could never bring myself to ask her what they were thinking. 

Having said that, if he eats up blockers (see what I did there?) and our run defense improves to decent or better(it could barely get worse), this contract will look like a pretty good deal in a couple years. NOW, let’s see what he gives us on the field. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/10/2018 at 7:26 AM, ScottLaw said:

ESPN is on its last legs. 

Surprised people still read/watch them. 

I don't watch much TV. Last nighy I sat down and hit the TV guide and saw some nfl program on ESPN, so I gave it a shot. It was freaking terrible. I sat through 10 minutes of commercials trying to give it a chance, but same ol same ol. Two polished suits, one meathead, and a hot chick blabbering about nfl contracts. It was the worst. Until espn starts showing sports again, they are dead to me.

4 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

The analytics don't back him up but it's a great signing around here because it's the Bills and he's a name. 

Truth is he's overpaid and I'm not certain he's any more motivated that the clown they traded away for nothing last season.

That McD signed him tells me that Star is motivated. We’ll see if he makes the defense better, but I suspect he will. 

If the middle of the 'D' looks better next year, he is worth it.

Is he similar to Dareus? Does he accept the program?

MD was due a contract, Star L is a bargain compared to MD.

I think he stabilizes the center of the field and Edmunds cleans up.

Worth every penny.

Edited by RocCityRoller

14 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

This is news? Most of us have been saying it since the day we signed him. No interior pass rush capability and unmotivated run stuffer. 

Vet Minimum would be overpaying for this.

Even taking your hyperbole - guys like that get paid a few million a year