stuvian

ESPN says we overpaid for Star

Posted (edited)

So a free agent got overpaid in free agency!?!  Say it ain’t so..

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like 2

I stopped listening to ESPN years ago.  I'll reserve my judgement to his play this year in a new system.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

If this guy was from anywhere other than Carolina I might agree with ESPN.  Which one of the talking heads at ESPN knows this guy better that Beane and McDermott?

Edited by Epstein's Mother

3 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Then leave the board and don't come back.  Bye, get lost and go troll on another site loser.

this was an appropriate reaction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Thanks 1

Dont get me wrong folks, I wanted to bring in Star as a potential change of scenery, revamp his career, but the man was absolutely overpaid.

My only reservation is, Beane is doing all this house keeping to clean up our cap space and then gives a pretty bad contract to a reclamation project.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Right?

I'm too lazy to find it, but I read a quote by kuelchy saying that star made his life easy by eating blockers all day long.

I read that as well.

Every team over pays in free agency. Every team, every year, in all 4 major sport leagues. ESPN just needs something to write about....

• Like 1

At least we are attracting FA's I remember the days of Tyson Clabo watch. Star has gone down the last few years but at least his peak years were with Sean McD coaching him.

I’d rather overpay for a free agent, who will hopefully live up to the contract and be an impact player, than burn draft picks on a trade. I am happy we got him.

18 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Then leave the board and don't come back.  Bye, get lost and go troll on another site loser.

-That moment when you completely misunderstand something and go bonkers for no reason-

Pulled this from dictionary.com, thought you might be interested:

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

-----------

On topic:

I don't have a problem with how much we pay Star (though it is high), my problem is how long the contract is.

47 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I say we overpaid. But I'm fine with that because no one knows him better than McDermott and Beane. 

I also think we overpaid, but it isn’t my money so I too will trust the process.

• Thanks 1

based on some of the signings that happened after he signed they over paid but I can live with that if the identified him as the player they needed .   They had major issues at the position last year so it plugs a big hole.  

12 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I’d rather overpay for a free agent, who will hopefully live up to the contract and be an impact player, than burn draft picks on a trade. I am happy we got him.

So money management means nothing to you... fair enough, everyone has their own priorities 

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

ESPN also paid Skip Bayless. That was a waste of money

And Fox is now doing the same. He and Shannon Sharpe's show is the 2nd worst on sports TV right now behind that Lebatard show on ESPN. 

Walt Disney & Hearst wish they had their money back.

If that next chapter isn’t in Carolina, the Panthers will have lost a guy whose worth goes beyond stats. At 6-foot-2, 315 pounds Lotulelei is a space-eater who often takes on multiple blockers, a role that makes life much easier for linebacker Luke Kuechly. 

“I don't think there's a whole lot of people that can do what I can do,” Lotulelei said. “The physicality and intelligence that I bring, I don't think there's a whole lot of people that have that combination. Like I said, I'm not worried about it. I know I'll find a job, if it's here or somewhere else.”

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Star-Lotulelei-ready-for-next-chapter-if-its-not-in-Carolina/07ac1bb1-713d-42d7-99e4-c70ba2b2c936

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He was pretty mean.  Are you okay?

i have an appointment at 1 to discuss this with my therapist.  i really wasn't prepared to be attacked like this today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I feel Star is undervalued because all the media knows about are sacks.  On the other hand if he was signed to the same contract by the patriots they would all claim it was a great move.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

What about the team that didn't re-sign him?

They just paid a DT big money. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

They lied

20180410_082844.jpg

That is Star's run stop,  how did his teammates do? All that says is Star didn't make plays in the run game. Says nothing about occupying blockers. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

Hes not that good of a run stuffer tho

you better hope you are wrong about that because imho that is precisely why McBeane signed him.