ESPN says we overpaid for Star

stuvian

21 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

Goes to show this regime do not have a clue.Do they really think that Carolina play a better brand of Football ? Lets see the best Mcdermtt/beane could do is get rid of all valuable young cheap pieces and replaced  with old  broken down rejects Jordan Mathews , corner back Gaines trade for a TE slow wide receiver in K Benjamin  all of the problems has been self inflicted   from getting rid of Williams on a cheap contract for the coaches pet in Tolbert who should not be in the NFL They have not pick a player of note yet.. They are old and now  lack direction people here can sell /say process to make them feel good all they want  but I see better processes in L.A.   the RAMS and Chargers have better processes to say the least....   the Pulagas is systematically turning the Bills into the Sabres and that's not acceptable to me 

Then leave.

No I'm good       You can if you want 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Then leave.

No I'm good    If  you don't like my facts you can leave 

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

If Kyle still has energy to be penetrating when he is at his best then Star will be a good signing. Kyle is one of the most disruptive DTs in game when he is on.

Kyle should not even be on the team we need younger Kyle's not one on his last leg because he is another coaches pet .....This is not the SABRES

40 minutes ago, liverpoolkev said:

Goes to show this regime do not have a clue.Do they really think that Carolina play a better brand of Football ? Lets see the best Mcdermtt/beane could do is get rid of all valuable young cheap pieces and replaced  with old  broken down rejects Jordan Mathews , corner back Gaines trade for a TE slow wide receiver in K Benjamin  all of the problems has been self inflicted  from getting rid of Williams on a cheap contract for the coaches pet in Tolbert who should not be in the NFL They have not pick a player of note yet.. They are old and now  lack direction people here can sell /say process to make them feel good all they want  but I see better processes in L.A.   the RAMS and Chargers have better processes to say the least....   the Pulagas is systematically turning the Bills into the Sabres and that's not acceptable to me 

Huh? Are you talking about Karlos Williams who the Bills got rid of 2 years before McDermott and Beane were even hired? 

As for thr the rest of your post...

- When McDermott was in Carolina, they had a top 10 defense 4 out of 5 years, with 3 years in the top 6. So yes, they did play a very good brand of defensive football. They were also in the Super Bowl a couple years ago and almost went undefeated (15-1). 

- They have not picked a player of note yet? So Tre White wasn't of note? Dion Dawkins, who stepped in at LT in his rookie year and did very well? Matt Milano, a 5th round pick who ended up starting at LB? 

I guess they get no no credit for signing Hyde and Poyer either, who were one of the best safety tandems in the NFL. 

- Signing Star does not in any way show that this regime doesn't have a clue. 

Just because ESPN says the Bills overpaid, it means this regime doesn't have a clue? ESPN is always right? What if Star drastically improves our run defense and/or pass rush? Are they still clueless then? Don't you think we should maybe give Star a chance before writing him off as a bad/clueless signing? 

- Why is the Chargers process better? I'd love to hear the reasoning behind this comment.

They finished with the same record and have one of the best QBs in the league, and more talent on offense and defense. The Bills did a lot more with a lot less.

always a wait and see .

System player.
if Bills paid him as well as they did, they have expectations of him excelling at his job for couple years or so.
I do think the surrounding cast (LBs)  need to improve significantly.

But right now i am not feeling Bills have done enough with the front seven. Star could be worth near that money. I won't doubt that just yet...

1 hour ago, liverpoolkev said:

No I'm good    If  you don't like my facts you can leave

If your post had a single fact in it...

The only thing I can think is you were drunk when you wrote it.  If after you sober up and realize and admit you made a mistake, by all means, stay.

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Since we're resurrecting this thread, and it's post draft...

On 4/10/2018 at 8:19 AM, SouthNYfan said:

Right?

I'm too lazy to find it, but I read a quote by kuelchy saying that star made his life easy by eating blockers all day long.

Let's remember that the Bills drafted Tremaine Edmunds.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

If Star, Meatball and Phillps do their part Hughes and Edmunds will have 30 sacks between the both of them.

Seems rather high especially if you're counting on the rookie MLB to contribute to that number significantly. 

On 4/10/2018 at 7:56 PM, liverpoolkev said:

Goes to show this regime do not have a clue.Do they really think that Carolina play a better brand of Football ? Lets see the best Mcdermtt/beane could do is get rid of all valuable young cheap pieces and replaced  with old  broken down rejects Jordan Mathews , corner back Gaines trade for a TE slow wide receiver in K Benjamin  all of the problems has been self inflicted   from getting rid of Williams on a cheap contract for the coaches pet in Tolbert who should not be in the NFL They have not pick a player of note yet.. They are old and now  lack direction people here can sell /say process to make them feel good all they want  but I see better processes in L.A.   the RAMS and Chargers have better processes to say the least....   the Pulagas is systematically turning the Bills into the Sabres and that's not acceptable to me 

whos old and now lack direction ?

15 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Can we see him in our scheme, with our personell for a season before deciding if we overpayed?

No time for that, off with their heads !

lot of new pieces up front. including some Coaching on Defense.

no way to predict how this comes together.

But we better see Star and Murphy getting reps at camp imo.