ESPN says we overpaid for Star

stuvian

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Tolbert was the reason the Bills made it to the playoffs? :o

No.  Just saying they didn't look stupid, much less because of who their backup RB was.

They're right. Lotulelei is barely an upgrade over Adolphus Washington. Now we're stuck with him for 5 years and we could probably gotten him for less than half of what we're paying. I like nothing about this signing at all. I think he's basically a solid backup.

5 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I don't put a lot of stock in what ESPN says. They're grading based on sacks. Anybody that knows anything knows that that isn't his specialty. If our run D improves, then I say he's worth it.

How do you know they're grading based soley on sacks or did you just make that up? Face it. They overpaid him. He's just not very good.

I’m happy Star is on the team.

the defensive line is the strongest part of the team with Him, Kyle, Hughes, Shaq, and Trent Murphy. 

I’m more excited to see Trent play. Big dude who plays fast.

at any rate, the line is going to have a solid rotation. 

It looks like it could be an overpayment, but it's too soon to tell. His performance on the field will tell us that. If he returns to his 2013-2015/16 form, I'd say no it's not. 

Plus, If the addition of Star drastically improves our run game and/or our pass rush is it really an overpayment? Or better question, will anyone really care that much if it is? 

I came across this this article on CatScratch. They compared recently signed contracts of comparable players and came up with 4yr $40M for Star. 

https://www.catscratchreader.com/2018/3/5/17075718/is-nfl-carolina-panthers-defensive-tackle-star-lotulelei-worth-4-years-40-million

Not that I give two mr Doo Doo's what ESPN says......

Lets see what folks think after Star does his job and holds down that LOS while Meatball and crew wreak havoc up front and our linebackers are able to scrape and tackle without a OL on them.

He doesnt have to put up gaudy stats......just be Marcel D. (not from his first year but the guy teams account for in the last couple of years)

Goes to show this regime do not have a clue.Do they really think that Carolina play a better brand of Football ? Lets see the best Mcdermtt/beane could do is get rid of all valuable young cheap pieces and replaced  with old  broken down rejects Jordan Mathews , corner back Gaines trade for a TE slow wide receiver in K Benjamin  all of the problems has been self inflicted   from getting rid of Williams on a cheap contract for the coaches pet in Tolbert who should not be in the NFL They have not pick a player of note yet.. They are old and now  lack direction people here can sell /say process to make them feel good all they want  but I see better processes in L.A.   the RAMS and Chargers have better processes to say the least....   the Pulagas is systematically turning the Bills into the Sabres and that's not acceptable to me 

Edited by liverpoolkev
spelling
  • Sad 2