ESPN says we overpaid for Star

stuvian

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

ESPN also paid Skip Bayless. That was a waste of money

And Fox is now doing the same. He and Shannon Sharpe's show is the 2nd worst on sports TV right now behind that Lebatard show on ESPN. 

If that next chapter isn’t in Carolina, the Panthers will have lost a guy whose worth goes beyond stats. At 6-foot-2, 315 pounds Lotulelei is a space-eater who often takes on multiple blockers, a role that makes life much easier for linebacker Luke Kuechly. 

“I don't think there's a whole lot of people that can do what I can do,” Lotulelei said. “The physicality and intelligence that I bring, I don't think there's a whole lot of people that have that combination. Like I said, I'm not worried about it. I know I'll find a job, if it's here or somewhere else.”

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Star-Lotulelei-ready-for-next-chapter-if-its-not-in-Carolina/07ac1bb1-713d-42d7-99e4-c70ba2b2c936

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He was pretty mean.  Are you okay?

i have an appointment at 1 to discuss this with my therapist.  i really wasn't prepared to be attacked like this today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

What about the team that didn't re-sign him?

They just paid a DT big money. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

They lied

20180410_082844.jpg

That is Star's run stop,  how did his teammates do? All that says is Star didn't make plays in the run game. Says nothing about occupying blockers. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

10 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

They just paid a DT big money. 

That is Star's run stop,  how did his teammates do? All that says is Star didn't make plays in the run game. Says nothing about occupying blockers. 

10 million a year to occupy blockers? That's what makes him worth the money? Being a big body? Not making plays... gotcha 

Who cares?  They also said the Bills overpaid for Poyer last year, as 4mer alluded to.  And at the least he'll be far better than what they had at the position last year, and that's the point of FA: getting better.

We almost certainly overpaid- which isn’t a big deal as long as he steps up.

for those citing familiarity- that’s not ALWAYS a pro. If they like the guy they may be too quick to excuse issues and err on trusting the best season. It can break all kinds of ways. 

You can overpay and still be a good move though. Don’t take every opinion out there quite so personally and your day will be much nicer 

i agree with this, but was happy that he took more of a backloaded deal.  I think he got more for being able to do that and as faith that last year was a fluke.

I could see this biting us in the ass, but with the money we will have after this year, I don't know how much I care

Did we overpay: Yes.  From any regular analysis.  

That said: McD and Bean know him.  Perhaps he was a poor fit in Carolina for whatever reason.  Perhaps having Williams and whomever they draft will "free" him up.  He no longer needs to be "the" DT.  

Just now, RyanC883 said:

Did we overpay: Yes.  From any regular analysis.  

That said: McD and Bean know him.  Perhaps he was a poor fit in Carolina for whatever reason.  Perhaps having Williams and whomever they draft will "free" him up.  He no longer needs to be "the" DT.  

He wasn’t the guy there

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I say we overpaid. But I'm fine with that because no one knows him better than McDermott and Beane. 

They also knew Tolbert was a washed up overweight RB last year, and they brought him in.  It didn't make him good...it just made them look stupid.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

They also knew Tolbert was a washed up overweight RB last year, and they brought him in.  It didn't make him good...it just made them look stupid.

The Bills making the playoffs say "hi."