ESPN says we overpaid for Star

stuvian

He graded out poorly in 2017 and I believe he lost his starting gig in 2016 for Carolina. If this is the Star we get then we grossly overpaid. If we get the 2013-2015 version then it is not a bad contract. Time will tell. Maybe he just needed a change of scenery. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dont get me wrong folks, I wanted to bring in Star as a potential change of scenery, revamp his career, but the man was absolutely overpaid.

My only reservation is, Beane is doing all this house keeping to clean up our cap space and then gives a pretty bad contract to a reclamation project.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Then leave the board and don't come back.  Bye, get lost and go troll on another site loser.

-That moment when you completely misunderstand something and go bonkers for no reason-

Pulled this from dictionary.com, thought you might be interested:

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

-----------

On topic:

I don't have a problem with how much we pay Star (though it is high), my problem is how long the contract is.

12 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I’d rather overpay for a free agent, who will hopefully live up to the contract and be an impact player, than burn draft picks on a trade. I am happy we got him.

So money management means nothing to you... fair enough, everyone has their own priorities