ESPN says we overpaid for Star

stuvian

Who cares.

Problem is he doesn’t get sacks and that is how he is being judged by the media. 

If our run D significantly improves, our LBs stay cleaner and it frees up the rest of our D line because he is getting doubled he earned his paycheck IMO

Edited by ChanticleerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 16

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I say we overpaid. But I'm fine with that because no one knows him better than McDermott and Beane. 

Yes we definitely overpaid, but you are 100% right. Part of the risk of free agency is signing a guy and not knowing the person and how he fits. Kind of like Osweiler with the Texans. For our brain trust to know Star as well as they do, there is significantly less risk because they know exactly what they are getting. There is a trust factor there so the chances of signing an Albert Haynesworth are significantly lower. 

Overpaid for Clay for similar reasons. Greg Roman needed that piece for his offense. Star is a similar piece to McD's defense. He eats up the blockers so the LB's can run free. When you get new coaches you need guys to fit their scheme and you need them right away. Simple as that

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Who cares.

Problem is he doesn’t get sacks and that is how he is being judged by the media. 

If our run D significantly improves, our LBs stay cleaner and it frees up the rest of our D line because he is getting doubled he earned his paycheck IMO

Hes not that good of a run stuffer tho

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Overpaid for Clay for similar reasons. Greg Roman needed that piece for his offense. Star is a similar piece to McD's defense. He eats up the blockers so the LB's can run free. When you get new coaches you need guys to fit their scheme and you need them right away. Simple as that

Right?

I'm too lazy to find it, but I read a quote by kuelchy saying that star made his life easy by eating blockers all day long.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Who cares.

What LBs?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don't like this signing personally, but obviously McBeane know what they're getting with Star and felt that he was worth it. I guess we'll have to see. I just don't think he's a very good player from what I've seen over the last few years.