HOLD!!! HOLD!!! HOLD!!! Why the Bills shouldn’t overpay on draft day

Bakin

7 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Not much interested in discussing the football/Bills/draft stuff, but thanks for posting the clip! 

Never saw Braveheart but this looks like the beginning of a good battle scene.

:beer:

Watching Braveheart is a  minimum requirement for a man card.  Taps all of your senses

While I agree that Braveheart was a great movie and I agree that simple math makes a trade up almost impossible, I think the OP ignores the opposing side.  They also lean on a cinematic great for their advanced logic.  His name is Larry, the Duke of Wiring and he says the Bills must Git'r Done.

17 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

So you're using an example of boldness to call for being cowardly? Makes sense.

At the end of the movie Wallace allowed the King's men to chop him into little bits.  Sound familiar?  I'm glad I played some small part in helping you dodge that.

Realizing that 2+2+2 is never going to equal 117 is not being cowardly.  Whaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I want a QB!!!! isn't really cowardly per se, but it is a bit childish and tiresome.

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Not much interested in discussing the football/Bills/draft stuff, but thanks for posting the clip! 

How in god's name have you never seen Braveheart????  You really ought to be ashamed of yourself.

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

In the movie, they say William Wallace was over 7ft tall and could shoot lightning bolts from his ass.

• Haha (+1) 1

Obviously the Bills don't want to overpay to move up in the draft, but they do want to acquire a franchise QB.

To me, if they get their franchise QB then this draft is already a great success.

There's actually a chance that the Bills could get Darnold at #2 overall if Cleveland takes J. Allen at #1 overall.

The fortunes of the Bills' franchise will change when they get their franchise QB, and not by accumulating LBs, WRs, et al.

It's the right time to go after the franchise QB.  Period.

4 minutes ago, ChanOverChin said:

Obviously the Bills don't want to overpay to move up in the draft, but they do want to acquire a franchise QB.

To me, if they get their franchise QB then this draft is already a great success.

There's actually a chance that the Bills could get Darnold at #2 overall if Cleveland takes J. Allen at #1 overall.

The fortunes of the Bills' franchise will change when they get their franchise QB, and not by accumulating LBs, WRs, et al.

It's the right time to go after the franchise QB.  Period.

Is it the wrong time for the Giants to take a franchise QB?  Because lollipops?

The Jets didnt make a mistake at all.

They identified 3 QBs worth trading to 3 for knowing at least one would be there.

We have no idea what their draft board looks like. They could have 3 QBs rated close enough to choose between the 3 at the value.

If they pick the right QB they are set for 5 to 7 years at the position. 

If they draft a bust, then it will go down as an epic fail, only made worse by the fact the released petty and hack w/o taking a snap.

• Like (+1) 1

The OP is comparing the Jets giving up 2 second rounders this year and another next year to what the Bills would have to give up to get to #2?  Crazy.

The Jets made a great move for peanuts.  They will get their 1st or 2nd choice at QB, which would not likely have been possible at #6. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Mickey said:

Why be bold? Why be the master of your own destiny? Why reach out and take what is yours when you can sit there and hope others will provide? Don't swing for the fences son, bunt, bunt, bunt! "Take what comes to us" is just about the most miserable life advice I have ever heard unless your only goal in life is to slowly rot from the inside out while toiling away in middle management. Let me guess, your favorite color is beige, your favorite food is a ham sandwich and your idea of a hot night is listening to Mel Torme while doing it with the lights on. 

Swinging for the fences - those guys end up flat on their ass most of the time. 

I’m all for trading up to 2...are you willing to give up this draft and next to do so?  Or are you the kind of guy who walks into a car dealership reeking of desperation?  Are you in sales?  I bet you give a ton of discounts. 

• Like (+1) 1