Brandon beane the new Tim Murray?

The weirdest thing about this thread is the fact no one has pointed out, that when it came to tanking, Murray absolutely nailed it. Other things, he got wrong.

Beane middled it, which I think is the wrong move, but who knows what pressures he had placed on him by taking the position. The Pegulas are proven bad owners by this point. Thankful they kept the teams here, but they've done nothing to show they are good owners or have a clue what they're doing. 

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The weirdest thing about this thread is the fact no one has pointed out, that when it came to tanking, Murray absolutely nailed it. Other things, he got wrong.

Beane middled it, which I think is the wrong move, but who knows what pressures he had placed on him by taking the position. The Pegulas are proven bad owners by this point. Thankful they kept the teams here, but they've done nothing to show they are good owners or have a clue what they're doing. 

I'm not sure about hockey, but NFL teams don't tank. It's not a proven strategy in the NFL. The hockey and football drafts are completely different , along with just about everything else. The Pegulas have done fine thus far with McDermott/ Beane. It doesn't erase the Rex Ryan error , but I'll call that a rookie mistake. The future looks brighter than at any point since they bought the team. 

25 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'm not sure about hockey, but NFL teams don't tank. It's not a proven strategy in the NFL. The hockey and football drafts are completely different , along with just about everything else. The Pegulas have done fine thus far with McDermott/ Beane. It doesn't erase the Rex Ryan error , but I'll call that a rookie mistake. The future looks brighter than at any point since they bought the team. 

I agree NFL teams don't tank, yet. The point about Murray doing it right is that he finished last in the last NIL draft where that mattered.

You saying that NHL and NFL drafts are different really doesn't support any point. If it made sense to tank in any league, it's be the NFL considering it isn't a lottery. In my opinion, a team will try tanking seriously in the NFL and it'll be sooner rather than later.

I also don't think it's a ridiculous opinion to have that the bills were tanking given their off season moves. The NFL is different though in the lack of guaranteed contracts so new regimes have more freedom in turnover. They can get rid of big names for pennies on the dollar unlike other league's. So what might look like a tank move in the NFL could genuinely be a personnel move. 

5 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Beane got outwitted by the jets, who didn’t have nearly as much to offer in terms of draft capital. 

Traded away watkins and Dareus trying to lose,

set this franchise back 10 years missing out on an while the jets will take over with mayfield 

Well, well it seems you have an obvious man love for Baker Mayfield and you go off and do a preliminary whine and B word while the front office dumps players who were salary cap space wasters in the attempt to bring order to the teams roster.

Hope after the Bills have a bountiful harvest of new talent with 6 picks in the top 95 you become a fan of the team that selects your man Baker and permanently leave this board to actual Bills fans.

2 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I agree NFL teams don't tank, yet. The point about Murray doing it right is that he finished last in the last NIL draft where that mattered.

You saying that NHL and NFL drafts are different really doesn't support any point. If it made sense to tank in any league, it's be the NFL considering it isn't a lottery. In my opinion, a team will try tanking seriously in the NFL and it'll be sooner rather than later.

I also don't think it's a ridiculous opinion to have that the bills were tanking given their off season moves. The NFL is different though in the lack of guaranteed contracts so new regimes have more freedom in turnover. They can get rid of big names for pennies on the dollar unlike other league's. So what might look like a tank move in the NFL could genuinely be a personnel move. 

I really doubt we'll see tanking.

The coaches and the players are invested in winning. If they play or coach badly their salaries and job security go directly downhill.

There have always been full rebuilds. There will continue to be. But tanking is against the self-interest of many of the participants.

7 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

In all fairness, Murray couldn’t tank right 

beane choked and we are stuck at 12 instead of a top 5 pick. 

Will miss on qb like the sabres missed out on McDavid and Matthews ,

will miss playoffs offs and get stuck with a second tier player like eichel 

Can’t wait to see Lamar Jackson lead this team to consistent 8-8 seasons while mayfield takes the jets to the playoffs

This post is a joke right?

wow, you have criticized the guy before the draft has occurred. 

He's stuck at #12, how many teams have moved up since March 1?

oh 3, the Jets gave away 3 2nd's for 3 places

the Bills flipped picks for a guy they didn't need anymore

NE received a 1st for a guy they didn't wangt to pay.

How did the Sabres miss out on McDavid and Matthews. Both were picked #1 overall and we didn't have the top pick.  Did you know of some secret to the correct numbers to show up for the lottery?  So Murray screwed up the lottery?  That's what you are saying.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Put it on the pile!

I usually flush things like this post, I don't make a pile, I'm not a savage.

7 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

For the record, I loved GM TM up until the bitter end. Looking back now, he set us back about 3 years...

Not football related, but I did enjoy his no BS attitude and willingness to wheel and deal. Unfortunately I think he was very bad at valuing assets, and overvalued current players and undervalued picks/prospects.

I struggle to decide if his biggest mistake was trading the #1 for Lehner when better goalies were acquired for less (Andersen to TOR, Talbot to EDM) or everything he tried to do on defense turning to absolute poo. 

I usually lean toward the goalie decision though, since it does look like he may have smashed the Guhle and Borgen picks.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I imagine this as a thread a WGR caller would make. 

I agree it s ridiculous but seek to clarify your position.

For years you bristled at any criticism of Murray while you have been one of the people whining about Beane not defying the laws of math.

Are you saying the OP hasn't gone far enough?

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

I usually flush things like this post, I don't make a pile, I'm not a savage.

Not football related, but I did enjoy his no BS attitude and willingness to wheel and deal. Unfortunately I think he was very bad at valuing assets, and overvalued current players and undervalued picks/prospects.

I struggle to decide if his biggest mistake was trading the #1 for Lehner when better goalies were acquired for less (Andersen to TOR, Talbot to EDM) or everything he tried to do on defense turning to absolute poo. 

I usually lean toward the goalie decision though, since it does look like he may have smashed the Guhle and Borgen picks.

Definitely the Lehner deal. And the Kane deal doesn’t look very good now either

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Maybe I will start a thread on 2019 qb draft class. Since we will miss out this year 

Yes, by all means, start more threads with your blinding insights.  We await your next exhibition of brilliance.