1st round: 1 -------  Darnold

4 (from Houston)---- Rosen

2nd round: 33 ------- Rudolph

35 (from Houston)----  White

64 (from Philadelphia)----  Falk

3rd round: 65 -----------  Lauletta

4th round: 101 ------    Ferguson

123 (from Carolina) ----  Flowers

I don't know.  I see a punter in there somewhere.

• Haha (+1) 1

This is a great time to remind everyone that Jimmy Johnson basically did what equated to this in 1989.  He used the 1st overall pick on Troy Aikman.  What people forget or don't even know, is that he also used a pick in the supplemental draft to select Steve Walsh.  By doing so, the Cowboys gave up their 1st round pick in 1990.  If you search around some, you can find Johnson talking about how important it was to get that QB....and he was willing to burn up two 1st round picks to make sure he had at least 1.  He understood, that if you didn't have a QB, then your first job was to find one...and not stop trying to find one until you were sure you had one.  It was important in 1989, and it's even more important now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Is God punishing me for some reason? I’m feeling like Job right now, but I’m not really all that good. I promise.  Stuff like this makes me want to look to the dark side....

But I’ll wake up to a brand new thread that outdoes this thread tomorrow! YAY! :)

8 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

This is a great time to remind everyone that Jimmy Johnson basically did what equated to this in 1989.  He used the 1st overall pick on Troy Aikman.  What people forget or don't even know, is that he also used a pick in the supplemental draft to select Steve Walsh.  By doing so, the Cowboys gave up their 1st round pick in 1990.  If you search around some, you can find Johnson talking about how important it was to get that QB....and he was willing to burn up two 1st round picks to make sure he had at least 1.  He understood, that if you didn't have a QB, then your first job was to find one...and not stop trying to find one until you were sure you had one.  It was important in 1989, and it's even more important now.

Of course Johnson defended it. In hindsight though, I’m sure that, being honest, the Cowboys would have rather used that first overall pick (that’s what it was) on Cortez Kennedy or Junior Seau.