Baker and the Jets

4 hours ago, Logic said:

I'll just reiterate now what I said then: There is absolutely NO WAY that the Colts accepted the Jets deal without giving Buffalo a chance to beat the offer first. If Beane declined, it means he was not "beat to the punch" or "out-maneuvered". It simply means he didn't want to pay whatever cost the Colts were asking for. 

But more importantly, I refuse to say one word about Beane good OR bad with regard to the draft until he...ya know...PARTICIPATES in a draft!

That goes against the narrative that it was impossible to trade up because the Colts didn't want out of the top 6. Like I said, if the colts did give him a chance and he passed, the future will tell if that was a smart or dumb move. Hindsight is 20/20, but he is supposed to be ahead of the curve.

I agree we shouldn't directly criticize him until we see the results, but we have quite a knack for rewriting history to say it was an "impossible situation" or the oft quoted "hindsight is 20/20" and "couldn't have known". Just putting my opinion out there before all of that.