Baker and the Jets

9 minutes ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Still can’t believe the bills fell asleep at the wheel and allowed the jets to put manuever them. Brandon Beene rookie gm  choke job 

guy has Tim Murray written all over him. Can’t even rank right 

Oh wow. I'm so glad you joined the forum. It seems like you really have some well-reasoned, even-tempered, high quality insight! 

5 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Baker just screams Jets.

I called it months ago..Mayfield and Allen are fits in the northeast.Barkley is most likely to be the bust in the draft class..I can't erase his horrible play in the bowl game from my mind..he was horrible.

All things considered, there's a REAL possibility that Mayfield can't make it in the NFL... I like where we sit with Mc"Cannon'"... I really think he's been hanging around all this time waiting for someone to trip his wire... Hopefully we invest in some help for AJ with our draft capital.

13 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I'm praying Rosen and Mayfield end up rivals. Hopefully both are good QB's. So much fun, and well hopefully one is on the Bills. 

That would be great. Honestly Mayfield and Rosen are the two QBs i want us to draft over all.

If we take one and the Jets take the other it would be like a new Kelly vs Marino rivalry.

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Same. The thought of him in the division makes me ill

There is a cultural connection between the Namath-seeking Jets and Baker I can't see avoiding. He is "back page", all day long in a city that is dominated by newspapers like no other. 

Possibly Rosen - simply because NYC has "more Jews than Tel Aviv" (that used to be so, I don't know if it is - but PR is more important in NYC. And he'll be good there. 

13 hours ago, Logic said:

Oh wow. I'm so glad you joined the forum. It seems like you really have some well-reasoned, even-tempered, high quality insight! 

While that guy was way overboard, the truth is that Beane better get this right with whatever plan he has, because the Jets definitely outmaneuvered us, and if we come out of this without a solid QB, and the Jets do? Then there is some blame to lay at our GMs feet. People will give him a free pass and say it was impossible to beat the Jets to the punch but it really wasn't.

17 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I called it months ago..Mayfield and Allen are fits in the northeast.Barkley is most likely to be the bust in the draft class..I can't erase his horrible play in the bowl game from my mind..he was horrible.

Saquon Barkley?

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

Still can’t believe the bills fell asleep at the wheel and allowed the jets to put manuever them. Brandon Beene rookie gm  choke job 

guy has Tim Murray written all over him. Can’t even rank right 

What's it like to try to type with 10 thumbs?

8 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

While that guy was way overboard, the truth is that Beane better get this right with whatever plan he has, because the Jets definitely outmaneuvered us, and if we come out of this without a solid QB, and the Jets do? Then there is some blame to lay at our GMs feet. People will give him a free pass and say it was impossible to beat the Jets to the punch but it really wasn't.

I'll just reiterate now what I said then: There is absolutely NO WAY that the Colts accepted the Jets deal without giving Buffalo a chance to beat the offer first. If Beane declined, it means he was not "beat to the punch" or "out-maneuvered". It simply means he didn't want to pay whatever cost the Colts were asking for. 

But more importantly, I refuse to say one word about Beane good OR bad with regard to the draft until he...ya know...PARTICIPATES in a draft!

Edited by Logic