"Giants 'don't like' Josh Rosen".

I like Rosen and think he can walk in and be the starter day 1.  I think Gettlman and Beane will have the Qbs broken down in a similar fashion. NYG may just be leveraging Buffalo to pull the trigger.

Edited by Mat68

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve  read that the NYG were planning on putting out misinformation in advance of the draft...this might be it

apparently in recent years too much of their draft plans was leaked and the new regime specifically focused on misinformation 

Seems unnecessary to me.  Cleveland isn't moving down from 1, and even if they were considering Rosen at 1 (which I don't think they are), the Giants can't gain anything by saying this...unless they think that Cleveland is stoopid enough to pass on a QB and take Barkley at 1 (not a chance IMO--no way Dorsey gets the job unless he agreed to take a QB).

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

There has been a lot of smoke recently that Rosen could be dropping because of his personality issues. Could be someone just trying to get the kid drop or it could be true that teams are dropping him down their board

I would bet money that teams that want him to drop are saying anything they can to cast the kid in a negative light

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The scuttlebutt has been that the only QB they love is Darnold whom they would take at #2.  

Yup.  If they do trade, I suspect they'll want an arm and a leg in return.

If the Giants are trading the pick, we've certainly talked to them.  I wouldn't be shocked if Beane is finishing up the homework on all the QBs and determining if 1) there's a guy or 2 guys worth going up to #2.  2) They are okay with 4 guys and are willing to let picks play out a bit on draft night.  3) They are comfortable with 5 or 6 guys and aren't willing to move up much at all.

From the Giants POV, they are in no rush, but we can offer the most and aren't going to move until they know they aren't get everything from us.

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Take the shot I say if the pick is available.

You have to.  If we don't pull the trigger on a move up, there's certainly a potential scenario where both NE and Miami move up and 3 of the top 4 QBs are coming to our division.  

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve  read that the NYG were planning on putting out misinformation in advance of the draft...this might be it

apparently in recent years too much of their draft plans was leaked and the new regime specifically focused on misinformation 

So, did Rex have someone on the inside there too? 

The news early on was a move to 2 and the Bills wanting Rosen. It has also been said since early on that they wanted Darnold...NYG that is.

I think the Giants do want Darnold, but have always believed the odds were long. The back up plan is to trade down and the Bills do I'm sure have interest in Rosen.

2 things: The Giants may not want to move down to 12 and Beane may need another move to 5-6-7 and then the deal is done. Or he has told Beane he needs next years number 1 as well and Beane hasn't committed yet. 

This may be Giants way of telling Beane you don't own this pick yet and someone could beat you-like NE.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

You have to.  If we don't pull the trigger on a move up, there's certainly a potential scenario where both NE and Miami move up and 3 of the top 4 QBs are coming to our division.  

If there are 2 QB’s you’re happy with, going now makes sense. If there’s only one, and he goes to the Browns, that’s different. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I say give them both legs. Rosen isn't known for scrambling. We'll just keep the arm

Just now, ddaryl said:

I say give them both legs. Rosen isn't known for scrambling. We'll just keep the arm

I’d add the brain too, but I’m afraid it’s a bit scrambled already. This is like playing Dr Frankenstein. I don’t want to get Abby Normal! 

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

If there are 2 QB’s you’re happy with, going now makes sense. If there’s only one, and he goes to the Browns, that’s different. 

I agree.  I think it's a huge week.  We are having a final go round with each prospect.  It was probably unlikely to expect a deal before any of this.  But if they come away after this week with 2 guys who they are fine landing, we could see a deal sooner rather than later.

49 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Giants are apparently now dangling Josh Rosen out there for the entire NFL and any club willing to pay up to get him.

Would sure hate to wake up tomorrow and learn that the Patriots packaged their picks to secure the No.2 spot and Josh Rosen.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-giants-would-reportedly-draft-sam-darnold-at-no-2-overall-dont-like-josh-rosen/

I don't think you'll have to worry about Gettleman helping the Patriots, Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles, and Broncos.

Also, IF the Giants want to trade the pick as I said before, make them sweat on it to lower the price to where you are comfortable with it.  Force them to either stay and pick a player or make the trade.  If they really want to move and we really want to move, we'll meet on a price.  This is not a game about letting them set the price.  Neither is it a game about well the Jets did this.  Yes they did because they are stupid LOL.

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

The only offer Beane will do will probably be in line with the trade value chart...

#2 pick = 2600

#12, #22, #53, #65 picks = 2615

If the Giants ask for anything more they will probably not trade up and will go with either Jackson or Rudolf at #12. Beane's not going to get rolled over and leave a rookie QB without a chance to add talented players on rookie deals. Once those parameters are set, then it's up to the Giants to take it or leave it.

17 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

That may be true, but when you are one the clock and the Bills make an offer that nobody else can beat what do you do? Demand more or take the offer?  The Bills could very well make a fair offer and if the Giants try to get too greedy before the clock runs out they don't get their payday.  It's a whole different ball game when you are on the clock.

4 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I don't think you'll have to worry about Gettleman helping the Patriots, Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles, and Broncos.

Also, IF the Giants want to trade the pick as I said before, make them sweat on it to lower the price to where you are comfortable with it.  Force them to either stay and pick a player or make the trade.  If they really want to move and we really want to move, we'll meet on a price.  This is not a game about letting them set the price.  Neither is it a game about well the Jets did this.  Yes they did because they are stupid LOL.

Disagree.

Which is exactly what they'll do. We need them, they will certainly have other options if they want.