"Giants 'don't like' Josh Rosen".

7 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

I guess ill be that guy...

After the PR nightmare that was Elis benching in 2018, the Giants ended up taking Barkley at #2 going all in on Mannings last few years at QB.

As for Rosen? Well conservative owners and Republican influence turned his outspoken political beliefs into a smear campaign labeled as "personality flaws" or "@sshole syndrome". Even tho he was the most developed passer in the draft he ended up going #10 to the Arizona Cardinals, where he proclaimed "there were 9 mistakes before me",  forgetting to do the math of qbs vs other positions taken before him. Cards took him after failing to trade up for Allen. Early reports seem to insinuate Rosen might beat out Bradford in preseason or at least start if Bradford gets hurt. He is the definitive #2 qb.

Where Josh Allen still sits at #3 on the depth chart behind career back up AJ McCarron and 2nd year struggle QB Pick5Petermen. As for the Giants? They had a decent draft, as long as they stay healthy they will challenge for a WC spot at least, this year.

Maybe you should have been the other guy.

54 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

For reals? You resurrected a thread long dead because Allen has been playing with the 3's? during OTAs? 

Let's not criticize him for necro-posting.  Instead of starting a new thread, he found the old thread that applies and posted it there instead.  He was entirely right to do so, and should be lauded for it.

Instead, criticize him where it's deserved: his opinion is nonsense of the highest order, and he should be ashamed of himself.  He actually credited a right-wing conspiracy with !@#$ing up the Bills' QB situation.  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

50 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Let's not criticize him for necro-posting.  Instead of starting a new thread, he found the old thread that applies and posted it there instead.  He was entirely right to do so, and should be lauded for it.

Instead, criticize him where it's deserved: his opinion is nonsense of the highest order, and he should be ashamed of himself.  He actually credited a right-wing conspiracy with !@#$ing up the Bills' QB situation.  :lol:

So we should put him on a pedestal, where it’s easier to throw rocks at him?   Hmmm   ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

He’s a dead thread !@#$er??

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Little early for this.  It’s finny now but the Giants were a trendy SB before last season.  On paper, their offense looks explosive. I would have taken the qb but I think Barkley isn’t really good.

i personally feel Rosen is a better qb than Allen and fell because he is outspoken.  Owners are very sensitive to that after Kaepernick and owners are mainly conservative.  I believe e that played a big part as well as owners just want their players to be mindless pieces of meat.

He fell because he’s a hard guy to like and that’s not a great trait in your QB.  He fell because their are questions about how engaged he is with football.   He fell because his leadership abilities are in question.  He fell because he had 2 concussions and another injury last year.  There are lots of reasons he fell, politics aren’t one of them IMO.  

And he only fell to 10, people act like he had a Ryan Mallet fall where he would have been a top 15 pick but fell to the third due to character concerns.

There were a lot of good QB prospects this year, so those things above matter.  And personally, I think this “most pro ready” is grossly over exaggerated and manufactured into belief by constant media repetition of that.  The kid comes across as mentally weak and I think he is going to struggle to deal with the down moments in the NFL and have real concerns about whether he will have enough desire and passion to push through them to be great.  

12 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Since when is being real pessimistic?  Am i wrong? Is JA not 3rd on our depth chart? Is Rosen not the #2? Did the Giants not invest in Elis last years with who they drafted? Did the Giants not go to the playoffs in 2017? The only reason the Giants didnt make it back to the WC last year is cuz they got decimated by injuries.

Im saying he fell due to his outspoken antics. Most NFL owners dont want to deal with political backlash because they swap spit with politicians throuh their other business ventures. Owners dont want the smoke in political arenas. Look up Jerry Jones outing Trump on the stand in the Kap case as a hint to why. It is what it is. I think both players can become great QBs, Rosen will be better in the short term.  Allen might be better in the long term. Might.. lets see how it plays out.

Its a dirty job but somones gotta do it.

Team chemistry is a bigger factor in who teams bring in the locker room than most know. Allen missed more time injured in college than Rosen did so i wont buy that excuse. It has to be bc of the outspoken talk and not working the media as a face. So he got labeled as a silver spoon liberal with a big mouth. Wealthy owners that mingle in political arenas dont wanna deal with that, they will not make that guy the face of a franchise unless their hand is forced like Arizonas was.

Friendly reminder: It’s only June 3rd. Depth charts don’t mean **** right now. Our coach wants our rookie QB to earn his way. Arizona’s coach feels differently about his rookie QB....

20 hours ago, cba fan said:

It's just my opinion, however, I have seen this movie time and again. lately with Flacco at Baltimore and Carson at Cards.

Gettleman had a chance to get a stud QB without paying extra as he had #2 and could have moved down for net advantage of picks and still picked Rosen. Instead he now may have to mortgage the future to move up, like teams drafting in late 1st, when he needs QB. He choose to ride Eli which I believe will prove to be a fail.

I firmly believe Eli is done and Giants will fold like a house of cards this year. 

Time will tell and I have been wrong before.

I did predict Maclin going to a ship sinking slowly in Baltimore was correct.?

The ownership was not happy with the media backlash after benching Eli. No matter how much people want to front about owners and politics not affecting football decisions,  they do affect roster decisions and this is one of the more recent examples. The coverage of elis benching here was over the top. Even my mom asked me about it, in sympathy for him, besides the bills games she watches with me she doesnt really follow football.

15 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

He’s a dead thread !@#$er??

I did not ressurect the thread, you all did that by responding and reacting to my post. All i did was update the thread for historical purposes we might need to entertain us in the future. 

16 hours ago, Augie said:

So we should put him on a pedestal, where it’s easier to throw rocks at him?   Hmmm   ?

He who is without forum sin may step to my pedestal and huck the 1st squirelle.

17 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Maybe you should have been the other guy.

Necro posting rules uncle tom. All the cool kids are doing it. 

Are you really saying his politcal outspoken attitude and entitled doosh vibe didnt lead to his drop on draft day? No matter what side of politics he hung on it was gonna bite him in the ass. Teams want players and locker room leaders not armchair politicians.

If Rosen becomes a better QB than JA, then yes, yes it did. Tin foil hat enthusiast gone wild. 

10 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Friendly reminder: It’s only June 3rd. Depth charts don’t mean **** right now. Our coach wants our rookie QB to earn his way. Arizona’s coach feels differently about his rookie QB....

He should earn his way but if hes better than NP off the bat we shouldnt be wasting 2nd team reps on a guy we drafted to be a long term back up or project.