Bills going to LA to visit and workout Sam Darnold

Ok honest question..why would the Bills fly out to California to go work Darnold out? He is visiting the Jets and Giants over the next couple of days and could have easily visited Buffalo as well. I just find it interesting that they flew all the way out there for him. 

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ok honest question..why would the Bills fly out to California to go work Darnold out? He is visiting the Jets and Giants over the next couple of days and could have easily visited Buffalo as well. I just find it interesting that they flew all the way out there for him. 

Because they pick 12. His agent probably said if you want to work him out you have to come to us, he's a busy boy and you probably don't have a chance to get him anyways

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Because they pick 12. His agent probably said if you want to work him out you have to come to us, he's a busy boy and you probably don't have a chance to get him anyways

I buy this to an extent.. But how many visits has he actually had? Especially since u say bc we have pick 12.. Don't u think his agent would tell anyone outside the top 5 the same thing if that's true? 

(Now I got myself curious, to see how many visits he has been on lol)

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

You can't fly a player in AND work them out. Against the rules. The Bills had to fly to Darnold if they wanted to work him out, watch him throw etc. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

But again, when guys come to buffalo they dont work out. Only physical 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

You can't fly a player in AND work them out. Against the rules. The Bills had to fly to Darnold if they wanted to work him out, watch him throw etc. 

That is also true. Good point. The visit is for meeting people and physical. No workout

5 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

I did not know this, if true, good info Boat!!

The team will get a little more leeway if a player being brought in attends a college in their local area, but still pretty strict. Just interviews and written tests for players brought in to visit teams. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

21 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I buy this to an extent.. But how many visits has he actually had? Especially since u say bc we have pick 12.. Don't u think his agent would tell anyone outside the top 5 the same thing if that's true? 

(Now I got myself curious, to see how many visits he has been on lol)

I actually just looked into it. And you might be on to something. All I could find for his pre-draft visits is cle, nyj and nyg.. nice call diggz!

Edited by Bills4life1924

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The team will get a little more leeway if a player being brought in attends a college in their local area, but still pretty strict. Just interviews and written tests for players brought in to visit teams. 

And Medicals 

• Thank you (+1) 1