Bills going to LA to visit and workout Sam Darnold

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

It's sad they are going out there...have him pitch some here in a short sleeve t shirt and shorts on the outdoor field.we'll see what he's made of.Allen would have been out there today or tomorrow in nothing more than a jock strap and nike turf shoes if asked.

Ha. Not sure if sarcasm but no on field workouts allowed at the visits to the the facility. 

....still don't see McBeane going "all in" draft capital wise on ONE player.......hunch that he holds at 12, and sees which one of the four purported top dawgs fall to him.......if all are gone, he has time until the 22 spot to figure out Plan B......if the dawgs are all gone, he may go OL/DL/LB at 12........perhaps Rudolph is his target at 22......does he take him or gamble he falls into the 2nd, going OL/DL/LB again at 22?......if he gambles on Rudolph falling to 2nd and he's gone, is Falk his next candidate?.......clear as mud IMO.....no matter what, McBeane ends up "damned if he does...damned if he doesn't".........stay tuned........

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Mike Schoop has dedicated most of his show to this story so far today.

His thesis in a nutshell:

It is likely that you will need to pick 1 or 2 to get Sam Darnold.

The Bills would not go out there if they did not think they at least had a shot at getting him.  

Therefore, the Bills are scheming to get to #1 or #2.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Beane is playing 4D chess!!

Want more? Mary Kay Cabot believes teams in the top 5 are actually competing with each other on the Bills trade down because they want 12 and 22 in this draft. With the QBs going high there are going to be elite talent pushed down and she believes Dorsey wants to get his QB, DB and LT all in the 1st this year  which he can do by trading with the Bills. She thinks the Bills actually have leverage.

• Like (+1) 5

Ya know what was insane that I heard today was Colin Cowherd propose in a mock draft (he called it his dream draft) that the Patriots trade up to #1 and draft Darnold.  But the insane part was the price: Two 2018 late 1st round picks, two 2018 late 2nd round picks and the Patriots' 2019 1st round pick.

That's absolutely nuts.

If that's all it costs to move up to #1, I hope Beane offers that up to Cleveland today to ensure drafting the QB he covets the most.

Yeah, does it make sense to travel to LA 2 weeks before the draft for a QB that Nobody thinks slips past #1 or #2? As Schoop proposed today, that seems like a colassal waste of time unless they see a path to him.....especially this close to the draft.

I stand by my choice, Rosen, but I can't see why they would do this if they didn't think they were at least capable of landing this guy. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Want more? Mary Kay Cabot believes teams in the top 5 are actually competing with each other on the Bills trade down because they want 12 and 22 in this draft. With the QBs going high there are going to be elite talent pushed down and she believes Dorsey wants to get his QB, DB and LT all in the 1st this year  which he can do by trading with the Bills. She thinks the Bills actually have leverage.

How awesome would it be for the Bills to have the Browns and the Giants bidding to trade down. There is no doubt an elite player will fall to 12 with all the QBs being drafted.

• Like (+1) 1

I love this and I tend to believe it. if you don't want a quarterback, having 12 and 22 in a class with about 50-60 really good players and about 20-25'true first rounders is better than having one pick. 

The key is, it has to be a team who doesn't want a quarterback, and that is 50 million dollar quaestion. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I love this and I tend to believe it. if you don't want a quarterback, having 12 and 22 in a class with about 50-60 really good players and about 20-25'true first rounders is better than having one pick. 

The key is, it has to be a team who doesn't want a quarterback, and that is 50 million dollar quaestion. 

100 million dollar question in 4 years...

• Like (+1) 1

This is why I said you play tough ball with the Giants.  You let them know hey, we've scouted all the QB's.  Sell it that we'd be happy with either.  We can make a deal with Cleveland at 4 and be happy with who we'd select there.  It's up to you guys honestly.  We have a price, we can up it a little.  You can accept it or we'll just make a deal with Cleveland.  We'll still get either Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield or YUK Allen hahaha.

6 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

With each of these QBs the justification to sell the farm could be made and lived with.  But each one has something that would make you take a breath (some deeper than others) when you send that Farm to New York.

Accept for possibly Darnold.

We except that! ?

Edited by gobills1212

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ya know what was insane that I heard today was Colin Cowherd propose in a mock draft (he called it his dream draft) that the Patriots trade up to #1 and draft Darnold.  But the insane part was the price: Two 2018 late 1st round picks, two 2018 late 2nd round picks and the Patriots' 2019 1st round pick.

That's absolutely nuts.

If that's all it costs to move up to #1, I hope Beane offers that up to Cleveland today to ensure drafting the QB he covets the most.

He’s not someone you should be taking serious. Any chance to bring up the Patriots and he’ll do it. It’s absurd to believe the Patriots have enough to get to #10 let alone the first overall pick lol

38 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

He’s not someone you should be taking serious. Any chance to bring up the Patriots and he’ll do it. It’s absurd to believe the Patriots have enough to get to #10 let alone the first overall pick lol

I don't take him seriously... I'm actually flabbergasted at some of the ridiculous things he says.

But not a lot of options at the time I drive to work with talk radio.

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The perspective on this from Browns media is that this is smart of the Bills to try to flush out the Browns pick before trading to 2. The reasoning is that it’s very late in the #process for a full blown workout. They want to make sure the Browns take him at 1 so the Giants guy is gone and their trade goes through.  The Browns can try to stop the workout by giving Darnold a confidential promise that he’s going 1 and not to risk injury by working out for the Bills. Then the Bills know he’s the first pick and can know 2 is viable.

thoughts?

There is no way a QB gets injured in a pre-daft workout.