Bills going to LA to visit and workout Sam Darnold

50 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

With each of these QBs the justification to sell the farm could be made and lived with.  But each one has something that would make you take a breath (some deeper than others) when you send that Farm to New York.

Accept for possibly Darnold.

Of course! 

Have a look at how many top draft picks are still on the team over the last, say, 5 years.  It ain't much.

We routinely "sell the farm" as it is!  We just don't ever end up with top QB prospects as a result! 

Sell the damned farm and roll the dice for God's sake! 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They have the ammo to get to 2 it’s just a matter of whether the NYG will be willing to trade down. Especially if Darnold is there, who is rumored to be the player they want if available at 2. That could also have been a smokescreen the way it was reported,  “NYG love Sam Darnold”... 

Are they going to travel to visit them like they are Darnold, at least? They can do as many of those as they want. 

Its April and it snowed here. It has been below freezing. It was like 20 degrees last night.

Point being, they are going to California. Maybe they slipped his agent 200 bucks to say Darnold couldn't make it here and they all will sadly have to go to Cali to see him.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, wppete said:

I have a feeling that we end up with Darnold. I know it’s a long shot. But I think Cleveland goes with Rocket armed Josh Allen and we trade up with the Giants and draft Darnold. ? 

In my humble opinion it will take 2 miracles to get Darnold who I consider the best all around qb in this draft. #1 The Browns will have to be dumb enough to take Allen or Rosen. I don't see this happening but if it does we wait for miracle #2.

The Giants have to also pass on Darnold and be willing to deal with us?  We're going to need some divine intervention. If these 2 scenarios don't pan out I think we stay put and try to land R Smith @12 and Rudolph @ 22.

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I agree, but why not get an up close and personal look at him just in case. 

Right, which is why I pointed to the due diligence aspect. Unlikely, but if the Bills are going to trade up (yet to be seen), then you better damn well make sure he (whomever "he" is) is absolutely worth it.

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Its April and it snowed here. It has been below freezing. It was like 20 degrees last night.

Point being, they are going to California. Maybe they slipped his agent 200 bucks to say Darnold couldn't make it here and they all will sadly have to go to Cali to see him.

Going to be 92 today in LA. Any way you slice it Sam better get ready for cold weather. 

32 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

They've been trying to set something up with Lamar, but he hasn't texted back yet. 

Not sure he knows how to text, did you see his WLscore? Might be waiting forever for that text, lol..

Darnold,Rosen, Mayfield is what I covet for my Bills. Move up and get it done.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

In my humble opinion it will take 2 miracles to get Darnold who I consider the best all around qb in this draft. #1 The Browns will have to be dumb enough to take Allen or Rosen. I don't see this happening but if it does we wait for miracle #2.

The Giants have to also pass on Darnold and be willing to deal with us?  We're going to need some divine intervention. If these 2 scenarios don't pan out I think we stay put and try to land R Smith @12 and Rudolph @ 22.

Or, the Browns deal with the Bills directly, and the Bills manage to trade all the way up to #1.

I know this is unlikely given the criticism that the Browns have received for failing to pull the trigger on top drawer QBs like Wentz. And there is a new GM in town for the Browns who appears to be competent.

However, I still can't get it out of my head that the Browns opted to trade the #65 overall pick for Tyrod Taylor. Perhaps, a stretch -- but what if they really like Lamar Jackson as the heir apparent to Tyrod? They could wind up with the QB they want at 12, plus multiple other 1st and 2nd round picks from the Bills.

This is all very unlikely, I know, but what if Beane went nuts and made Cleveland an offer they simply could not refuse?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Going to be 92 today in LA. Any way you slice it Sam better get ready for cold weather. 

I was about to post the same comment about the weather....but in my version, I think the Bills staff are just thinking "Hey, why not take a trip and see some palm trees!"

I have always thought it was Donald they liked best going back to that report from the West Coast last year those leaks that come out of the West Coast seem to be the most reliable in the bills organisation. Now whether they can put something together or not will be another story but if the Browns are indeed going to go with Alan I have to thank we're going to try our hardest to get the two.

Interesting.  I wonder if we visit any other USC or UCLA players while out there?  Does UCLA have a QB??  is this a fantastic smokescreen?  

this time of year is great.  

54 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

I have always thought it was Donald they liked best going back to that report from the West Coast last year those leaks that come out of the West Coast seem to be the most reliable in the bills organisation. Now whether they can put something together or not will be another story but if the Browns are indeed going to go with Alan I have to thank we're going to try our hardest to get the two.

perhaps the Browns would trade us their 1 if we are in on Darnold and believe that Allen will be there at 4?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I too think this is how it is going to go down.  Both 1st's, one 2nd, and Jerry Hughes?

Plus probably a 2019 3rd 

If they trade up.... it’s more than likely gonna take a pick next year as well. 

12, 22, 56 (maybe a player) plus 2019 3rd.

Let AJ play, Rookie will learn. AJ plays well and you trade for a higher 3rd in 2019....

The perspective on this from Browns media is that this is smart of the Bills to try to flush out the Browns pick before trading to 2. The reasoning is that it’s very late in the #process for a full blown workout. They want to make sure the Browns take him at 1 so the Giants guy is gone and their trade goes through.  The Browns can try to stop the workout by giving Darnold a confidential promise that he’s going 1 and not to risk injury by working out for the Bills. Then the Bills know he’s the first pick and can know 2 is viable.

thoughts?

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Honestly I have never really given Darnold a 2nd thought...

I just assume Cleveland will take him and he's gone at #1 overall...

If the Bills came out of this Draft with Darnold I would be absolutely floored from shock...B-)

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The perspective on this from Browns media is that this is smart of the Bills to try to flush out the Browns pick before trading to 2. The reasoning is that it’s very late in the #process for a full blown workout. They want to make sure the Browns take him at 1 so the Giants guy is gone and their trade goes through.  The Browns can stop the workout by giving Darnold a confidential promise that he’s going 1 and not to risk injury by working out for the Bills. Then the Bills know he’s the one.

thoughts?

Hmmm...

Well...Interesting theory if nothing else...B-)

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Honestly I have never really given Darnold a 2nd thought...

I just assume Cleveland will take him and he's gone at #1 overall...

If the Bills came out of this Draft with Darnold I would be absolutely floored from shock...B-)

Hmmm...

Well...Interesting theory if nothing else...B-)

And it would make sense as to why they are going there instead of having him come to OBD like they did the others. They can’t schedule a workout at OBD.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

And it would make sense as to why they are going there instead of having him come to OBD like they did the others. They can’t schedule a workout at OBD.

It really makes sense...

Which is a pretty hard thing to say at this time of the Draft process normally...:lol:

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The perspective on this from Browns media is that this is smart of the Bills to try to flush out the Browns pick before trading to 2. The reasoning is that it’s very late in the #process for a full blown workout. They want to make sure the Browns take him at 1 so the Giants guy is gone and their trade goes through.  The Browns can try to stop the workout by giving Darnold a confidential promise that he’s going 1 and not to risk injury by working out for the Bills. Then the Bills know he’s the first pick and can know 2 is viable.

thoughts?

Beane is playing 4D chess!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

It's sad they are going out there...have him pitch some here in a short sleeve t shirt and shorts on the outdoor field.we'll see what he's made of.Allen would have been out there today or tomorrow in nothing more than a jock strap and nike turf shoes if asked.

• Haha (+1) 1